Imagine the first 0-16 team with a QB going to the ProBowl

It is funny to think if we keep losing because of our lack of defense put Fitz keeps up the good numbers that this is possible.

Sounds crazy or what?

If he finishes top 5 in several offensive categories like TDs, passing yards and QB rating it would be hard to deny him. What is even more unlikely is a team putting up that kind of offense and still losing every game.

PTR

Imagine how quickly the opinion of Fitz changes if he lays an egg against KC.

My opininon of him won't change at all. I've seen too many great QBs, many of them HOFers go into Arrowhead and lay an egg. It's a tough place to win when the fans are jacked and they're playing well. In fact, I fully expect the crowd noise to effect our ability to communicate pre-snap, so I don't look for Fitzgerald to do what he did last Sunday.

But that shouldn't diminish what he DID last Sunday. That was as masterful a piece of QBing as I've seen by anyone wearing our uniform. Teams just don't DO that to the Ravens. It helped that M&T Stadium was as quiet as the proverbial church mouse, but still, the Ravens used their entire defensive play book and Fitz destroyed them. Hell, he even gave them two INTs that lead to points and he STILL had them on the run.

But you're right. The fickleness of the fans that post here will be in full bloom as soon as Fitz lays an egg. I wonder who's gonna snap first.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

It is funny to think if we keep losing because of our lack of defense put Fitz keeps up the good numbers that this is possible.

Sounds crazy or what?

Unless 8-10 quarterbacks either get injured or decline to go, there is no way they send Fitzy. You have Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Flacco and a few others that would have to be unable to play before they got desperate, numbers don't mean that much, especially the useless QB rating system. Besides, my guess is, if we revisit this issue in about 4 or 5 weeks, we will laugh that it was even discussed, as I am sure Fitzy will come back down to earth.

The thing about Pro Bowl QBs is that they win games no matter how crappy the rest of the team is. That is why they are by far the most valuable commodity in football.

Your views on football are shallow and pedantic.

Go away.

Edited by Heels20X6

Sounds crazy or what?

Fitz could grade out with the top rating after 16 weeks and still not be selected to the Pro Bowl. I always think back to how our old WR Bob Chandler got screwed out of the pro bowl year-after-year only because he played for a losing team. The guy could catch anything thrown near to him and always managed to be great with his feet -- seemingly impossibly managing to keep his feet inbounds where others wouldn't be able to do so. He'd have been a repeat pro bowler on another franchise.