McDermott on thin ice in Philly?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/sean-mcdermott-could-be-on-his-way-out-in-philly/

Here's the story from Rotoworld.

According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott's job is no longer secure after the team's 37-19 loss to the Titans in Week 7.

Tennessee scored 27 fourth-quarter points in a previously close game. "There is no question about that," said Sal Paol when asked if McDermott could lose his job. "It may be time for; I don't know how much input (secondary coach) Dick Jauron has in the defensive game plan ... but eventually they may have to make a switch there." The statistics say McDermott should be safe. The Eagles rank ninth in total defense, fifth in sacks, and second in interceptions.

Sure seems like the Bills could use a guy like McDermott to sure up the defense, what do you guys think?

Edited by Lintyfresh85

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/sean-mcdermott-could-be-on-his-way-out-in-philly/

Sure seems like the Bills could use a guy like McDermott to sure up the defense, what do you guys think?

So far defensive coordinator candidates for next year potentially could be Sean McDermott, Mike Singletary, and Wade Phillips. I guess the question is, which one would you like to see here.

Edited by VADC Bills

Wade for sure, they want to run a 3-4 and that's his bread & butter.

Didn't Wade have to sue Ralph in order to collect the remaining amount on his contract after he was fired? He isn't coming anywhere near this organization as long as Wilson, Overdorf & Littman are around.

Edited by LabattBlue

Wade and RW left on very bad terms. No way Phillips comes back to Buffalo.

What I find interesting that Philly might promote Jauron to DC, while Buffalo might take McDermott as their new DC. Nothing like recycling the other guy's garbage.

Wade for sure, they want to run a 3-4 and that's his bread & butter.

Can we give it up with the "I want Wade back" wishes? Like vincec said, he left Ralph on bad terms...no way he comes anywhere near WNY.

Not to mention, why would we want a fired DC as our new DC?

So far defensive coordinator candidates for next year potentially could be Sean McDermott, Mike Singletary, and Wade Phillips. I guess the question is, which one would you like to see here.

Wade isn't coming back to buffalo after the classless way Ralph fired him.

Singletary? Dude was never a D-coordinator so im not sure why he would be a candidate.

Mcdermont, I'd hire.

Can we give it up with the "I want Wade back" wishes? Like vincec said, he left Ralph on bad terms...no way he comes anywhere near WNY.

Not to mention, why would we want a fired DC as our new DC?

Because sometimes coaches get fired because they're scapegoated, not because they suck. Sean McDermott is a very good defensive coach, and Philly would be moronic to fire him because of a bad quarter against the Titans.

So the plan is to completely give up on the new DC after 6 games while switching to the 3-4; hire a DC who would be fired by another team; then switch back to a 4-3??? Sounds like a great plan.

Why don't we let the season play out and see if Edwards and the defense improves? Crazy thought I know.

So the plan is to completely give up on the new DC after 6 games while switching to the 3-4; hire a DC who would be fired by another team; then switch back to a 4-3??? Sounds like a great plan.

Why don't we let the season play out and see if Edwards and the defense improves? Crazy thought I know.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Edwards sucks. He is in over his head. If you had any sense of football you could see that he is a bad DC. He is a line backers coach on a team that the worst part of there defense is the linebackers. IF he had any idea the lb's would not have looked this bad.

Edited by b stein 22

Also don't forget John Fox and Jack Del Rio....

I doubt that they are candidates. Both are 4-3 guys and Fox is probably in line for another head coaching chance within a couple of years if he goes into broadcasting or something. I would like to see Del Rio though.

Yup. It's a tough league.

I'm so glad you said McDermott and not Jauron!!! :lol:

You have no clue what you are talking about. Edwards sucks. He is in over his head. If you had any sense of football you could see that he is a bad DC. He is a line backers coach on a team that the worst part of there defense is the linebackers. IF he had any idea the lb's would not have looked this bad.

I love this, didn't realize Vince Lombardi was a member on this board.

I happen to agree with his sentiment, Edwards is adjusting scheme to the talent or lack thereof on the defensive side of the ball. Seems as though the switch to the 4-3 is an abandonment of the pass rush, because the current players have no hope of producing one. He can't magically make the players better. The key pass rushing position in a 3-4 is the OLBs of which he has Chris Kelsay and Reggie Torbor, two well below average players.

Didn't Wade have to sue Ralph in order to collect the remaining amount on his contract after he was fired? He isn't coming anywhere near this organization as long as Wilson, Overdorf & Littman are around.

No matter how hard Ralph grovels and begs. :D

Jeezy Creezy get over yourself! You're just a guy like the rest of us. Let's see if Edwards can turn it around. It's not like we gave him a ton of talent to work with.

i'd have a boner from japan back to grand island if wade came here to be our DC. that man rocks the 3-4 and he'd be a perfect fit for this team if George edwards was cool being Asst DC / LB coach...

did Buddy ever work with wade? Plus - that be 3 southern accents i'd love hearing...