Draft the best player next year!

WNY

With our so called 1st round pick next year. I believe we need to take the best proven player on the board. Just like we did with SPILLER! It will come to fruition, trust me. (The Maybin pick needs to be forgotten) I believe Chan & Nix will take the best proven player first on the board in next years draft. We need so may positions, why not take what is to be the next presumably available proving player. We've never taken this approach in the draft in the past 10 years. (Until this year). It just makes sense! We will never know when, where, & who will be available in the draft until we are up next to pick in 2011. Enough with which position and what needs (Too many) we need until it needs to be determined when we are next up to pick!!! Too many times we have reached in the draft. The only way you build through the draft is to accept what the draft gives you. THAT'S HOW YOU BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!!!

When I read that the meddlesome owner instructed Nix to go out and scout the college ranks for a franchise qb I cringed. The worst approach to take is to make Nix and his staff feel that they have to take a qb with the first pick, no matter how the qb is rated.

At this point (assuming Luck comes out) it would make sense to take him. For one, it fills a need for a long term franchise qb, and just as importanly he would be ranked near the top of the board as a player.

If Mallett and Locker are rated as mid or lower-tier first rounders and there are a number of higher rated dynamic players, especially on the defensive side of the ball, then you should take the defensive players.

The Bills have been bad for a generation. One of the reasons for such ineptitude is because the owner likes to interfere in the operation. It would be one thing if the owner knew what he was doing but he clearly doesn't. This is the same clown owner who fired Bill Polian and also hired Marv Levy.

The owner needs to allow Nix to do his job without having the pressure of the owner influencing what he really wants to do. What this owner needs to realize is that he is not the solution, he is the problem.

I'm not against trading down to later in the first round if enough low round picks are acquired during the trade. We need a lot of players, not just 1 (the #1 pick).

I agree. Fitz has shown me enough that he can play the game and be more than just a "manager" on the field. If we wind up with the #1 overall I wouldn't mind trading back (if lady luck is on our side) and somehow getting two later 1st rounders or a mid level 1st and an early 2nd rounder. We need way too much DL, DT, OLB, OL. So far we have seen that the O can produce, but the D cannot. Start there.. an impact pass rusher will be an enormous boost to our D and throw in a run stuffing DT and a LB that makes plays against the run and can cover will be of immediate importance. Grab an O-lineman in the early 2nd or 3rd..

This is with a trade out of #1 if we own it

Round

1. Pass rushing DE OR run stuffing DT

1. Run stuffing DT OR Pass rushing DE

2. Impact OLB OR Impact OL

3. Impact OL OR Impact OLB

With these first 4 picks, you can really start to see some changes to our team on both sides of the ball, but most importantly on D.

Is QB important? Absolutely, but I think we have a guy that can make plays. What we need first is a line that can dictate play on both sides of the ball, maybe create some room for Spiller on O and slow down the run game on D.

McD

Round

I completely disagree with this list. The 3-4 is going to stay, whether people like it or not, and so we need pieces for a 3-4, not a 4-3. In a 3-4, the entire D line is run stuffing, trying to take up as many blockers as they can so that the LBs can make plays and provide the pass rush, so getting a pass rushing DE would be like taking Maybin all over again. Gailey and Nix have already drafted Troup in the 2nd round, so they aren't going to take another DT high in the draft again, at least not for a few more years.

The biggest part of re-tooling our defense will be the LBs. We need 4 LBs in a 3-4, and we really don't have any right now. Poz and Davis are bordering on decent right now, but there is nothing on the outside. I would honestly like to see LBs taken early and often in the next few drafts, with a high-round LT and another DE or two mixed in as well. For next years draft, my ideal would be that the first 3 picks were spent on a franchise LT and two LBs, in no particular order.

I agree. Fitz has shown me enough that he can play the game and be more than just a "manager" on the field. If we wind up with the #1 overall I wouldn't mind trading back (if lady luck is on our side) and somehow getting two later 1st rounders or a mid level 1st and an early 2nd rounder. We need way too much DL, DT, OLB, OL. So far we have seen that the O can produce, but the D cannot. Start there.. an impact pass rusher will be an enormous boost to our D and throw in a run stuffing DT and a LB that makes plays against the run and can cover will be of immediate importance. Grab an O-lineman in the early 2nd or 3rd..

Round

With these first 4 picks, you can really start to see some changes to our team on both sides of the ball, but most importantly on D.

Is QB important? Absolutely, but I think we have a guy that can make plays. What we need first is a line that can dictate play on both sides of the ball, maybe create some room for Spiller on O and slow down the run game on D.

McD

Agree with this as well but that second #1 should be a LB. You can trade down to say #7 and still get Clayborn from Iowa.

But it takes two to tango.

Also becarefull with the "Best Player Available Talk"

Patrick Peterson from LSU, is being rated as better shutdown corner than Revis or Asomugha.

If he is there when pick he would be the "best player available."

I'm not saying we draft the guy but draft scouts are creaming themselves over this guy.

So if you say best player available, you need to realize that in 2010 there are 2 CBs that are rated as top 5 talent

Prince Amukamara is another top rated CB but Peterson is rated as high as the #2 player behind Luck on a lot of boards.

And I know this board would implode if Nix took a DB with the top3 pick.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

I completely disagree with this list. The 3-4 is going to stay, whether people like it or not, and so we need pieces for a 3-4, not a 4-3. In a 3-4, the entire D line is run stuffing, trying to take up as many blockers as they can so that the LBs can make plays and provide the pass rush, so getting a pass rushing DE would be like taking Maybin all over again. Gailey and Nix have already drafted Troup in the 2nd round, so they aren't going to take another DT high in the draft again, at least not for a few more years.

The biggest part of re-tooling our defense will be the LBs. We need 4 LBs in a 3-4, and we really don't have any right now. Poz and Davis are bordering on decent right now, but there is nothing on the outside. I would honestly like to see LBs taken early and often in the next few drafts, with a high-round LT and another DE or two mixed in as well. For next years draft, my ideal would be that the first 3 picks were spent on a franchise LT and two LBs, in no particular order.

I would love to see the Bills be smart and just trade down. This team is so far away from being good, and they generally draft poorly, so trade down geting some extra picks and improve your chances.

If not trading down, I don't think you can take a LB with the 1st or 2nd overall pick. It's just too high, unless the guy is really just a monster.

:thumbsup:

When I read that the meddlesome owner instructed Nix to go out and scout the college ranks for a franchise qb I cringed. The worst approach to take is to make Nix and his staff feel that they have to take a qb with the first pick, no matter how the qb is rated.

At this point (assuming Luck comes out) it would make sense to take him. For one, it fills a need for a long term franchise qb, and just as importanly he would be ranked near the top of the board as a player.

If Mallett and Locker are rated as mid or lower-tier first rounders and there are a number of higher rated dynamic players, especially on the defensive side of the ball, then you should take the defensive players.

The Bills have been bad for a generation. One of the reasons for such ineptitude is because the owner likes to interfere in the operation. It would be one thing if the owner knew what he was doing but he clearly doesn't. This is the same clown owner who fired Bill Polian and also hired Marv Levy.

The owner needs to allow Nix to do his job without having the pressure of the owner influencing what he really wants to do. What this owner needs to realize is that he is not the solution, he is the problem.

Scouting QB's does not mean that we must take whatever one we feel is best with our #1 pick regardless of how they rank with other players. For all we know, Nix could be taking a beast DE with the #1 pick and taking a QB like Ponder or Gabbert with our 2nd round pick.

Marcell Dareus.

FYI there are two school of thought, with lockout of 2011.

Players will stay in, if the can.

If there is a lockout there have been questions thrown around how the rookies will get paid, and how the NLFPA will take care of the rookies.

If a player isn't guaranteed to be a first round, the guaranteed money really starts tappers off by about half. The 32 pick in 2010 got 6.6 guaranteed and 33 pick got 3.9 guaranteed.

So if you're not playing you don't get any game checks, and you'll have to live off of you're million dollar (boo-hoo) signing bonus for a year.

Where a 5th, 6th, & 7th round pick may need to bag groceries for a year before they can collect there dozens of thousands of dollar game checks.

The other school of thought, this may be the last year where there are ridiculous signing bonuses if there is a rookie salary cap in 2012. Which it seems that there may be some kind of form of salary cap in 2012.

So Here is a list of the

Top 10 Seniors from Scouts Inc.:

1. Jake Locker QB Washington 96

2. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96

3. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 96

4. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa 95

5. Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue 94

6. Allen Bailey DE Miami 93

7. Derek Sherrod OT Miss. St. 93

8. Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State 92

9. Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Coll. 92

Top 20 with Underclassmen