Next year's draft

HARCO186

Now that people are seeing the Bills have a offense that can score. Chan has made that happen, what if the Bills kept Fewell as a D coordinator? What would the record be now? Who do you feel should be a top pick next year? Know that the Bills Defense has no pass rush, even worse than last year's. Also the run defense is worst this year. Everyone has said get a qb and a tackle. Now the Bills offense has shown life in more than one game, are the so called fans who want a tackle or a qb still asking for one? Is our needs still in that order, or do people see that a great defensive player that can rush the passer and stop the run become pri #1? Think about what the difference would be if the Bills had a pass rusher who can make a qb give bad throughs or cause a sack or int. I will be the first one on here to say the Bills with the their first pick in next years draft go with a defensive player to stop the run or create a pass rush first. Only way we go with a qb first is if we get a great free agent coming up next year. Does anyone know of any great defensive players that will be free agants this upcoming year? If so let's start seeing who we might pick up......

Robert Quinn is who I want the Bills to select currently. I like Marcus Dareus too. I want to see this upcoming draft almost exclusively used on pass rushers and front 7 help. This team is a defense away from being a solid playoff team

This is the Perfect draft.

1. Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa, 6-286

2. Mason Foster OLB Washington 6-2 240

3. Nate Irving ILB North Carolina St. 6-1 235

4(a). Marcus Gilbert OT Florida, 6-5 320

4(b). Charlie Gantt TE, Michigan ST. 6-5 255

5. Rick Stanzi QB Iowa 6-4 230

6. Quentin Davie OLB Northwestern, 6-4 230

7. Kyle Hix OT Texas, 6-7 320

If Andrew Luck plays like a #1 pick & comes out of Stanford they have to take him. Unless you're a total screw up you should only get the #1 pick once in a generation. If a franchise QB is available you have to take him because at #1 you have to be thinking of drafting a player who will be the face of the franchise for the next decade, not just looking to solve a temporary problem. Next year, odds are the team is still drafting in the top 10, so you can get your impact D player then. Ex-Bill Martin Mayhew did it right. He went QB when he had the #1 pick & picked up Suh the next year. Rebuilding is not a 1 year project to attain mediocrity. Fitzpatrick is ok at QB-a great team needs great at QB, not ok. You have to go for it all if the right QB is there. On the other hand, if Luck stays in & no other QB is worthy of the top pick, then you can try to get the next Bruce Smith at #1. The key is you can't draft by position without knowing what players are out there & only after all the scrutiny which hasn't taken place yet. If the franchise QB is there, like P. Manning or Aikman, you have to take him. But, you don't elevate Locker or Mallet to #1 just because you need a QB & you're picking #1, unless one plays like a special player in his final season. So far neither one has done so & would be a risky pick at #1.

Robert Quinn is who I want the Bills to select currently. I like Marcus Dareus too. I want to see this upcoming draft almost exclusively used on pass rushers and front 7 help. This team is a defense away from being a solid playoff team

Solid suggestions. Like you I think Buffalo needs to focus on front 7 help. If Fritz continues to improve we will have our guy.

Linebacker or Right Tackle

Neither position should or will ever be worth number 1 pick unless they are superstars and it is a very late #1 (and if a RT is a superstar he should be a LT).

I also pretty much agree with Albany but could see the Bills taking Locker or Mallet (just because RW said we were going to get a QB) I would hope one of them would last til the second rd.

If Luck declares its Luck. We are kidding ourselves if we think Fitz is anything more than filling the spot till we have a true franchise QB. If he is not there I think we see a DE as there are a lot of good ones out there. With the second round pick a great RT or interior OL WILL be available. This could also be a good LB or DL player. The 3rd could also be a solid interior OL prospect that could contribute immediately.

With no Luck, I would like to see a guy like Clayborne or Quinn (suspended) on D. I just don’t see a top T yet, and I hate the idea of taking another WR or DB. In the second a T like Love or an interior OL guy like Pouncy. There are a lot of LBs that it could be, including the NC guy and the NC Dlineman Austin – both of whom were suspended. In the 3rd I would love to see Carpenter the LT from Bama who would play RG for us. Talk about blocking with a mean streak.

A guy I really like is Carmi the T from Wisconsin. I don’t think our picks and his value with align to make it happen though. I would love to add him and Carimi to our right side, moving Wood to C.

If we could trade down, we could get Quinn who would fall due to suspension, then trade up to get Carimi at RT, and add Carpenter to play RG, Maybe with the picks left over to add another LB or DL – like more suspended NC guys.... Pipedreams....

Now that people are seeing the Bills have a offense that can score. Chan has made that happen, what if the Bills kept Fewell as a D coordinator? What would the record be now? Who do you feel should be a top pick next year? Know that the Bills Defense has no pass rush, even worse than last year's. Also the run defense is worst this year. Everyone has said get a qb and a tackle. Now the Bills offense has shown life in more than one game, are the so called fans who want a tackle or a qb still asking for one? Is our needs still in that order, or do people see that a great defensive player that can rush the passer and stop the run become pri #1? Think about what the difference would be if the Bills had a pass rusher who can make a qb give bad throughs or cause a sack or int. I will be the first one on here to say the Bills with the their first pick in next years draft go with a defensive player to stop the run or create a pass rush first. Only way we go with a qb first is if we get a great free agent coming up next year. Does anyone know of any great defensive players that will be free agants this upcoming year? If so let's start seeing who we might pick up......

Maybe I should wait a week or two on this, but I took a look at the strength of schedule for the remainder of the season of the teams in the lower echelon of the league and I don't BILLieve that we will end up with the #1 pick next year. Granted, there is a long way to go, but Jax, Denver, Dallas, Detroit, Carolina, Arizona and San Fran may find it harder than the Bills to win enough games to keep from jumping us in draft position. It remains to be seen how we carry over this past weeks performance, but at this point I see 5, maybe 6 winnable games...and who knows if we can pull an upset or two out of our asses...just say'n

Neither position should or will ever be worth number 1 pick unless they are superstars and it is a very late #1 (and if a RT is a superstar he should be a LT).

I also pretty much agree with Albany but could see the Bills taking Locker or Mallet (just because RW said we were going to get a QB) I would hope one of them would last til the second rd.

"Very late #1?" Do you mean that it's never worth spending a first ROUND pick on a linebacker or right tackle, or just the #1 overall?

I'm with you on this, I think Dareus is going to be a stud. He reminds me of Bruce in a way...

A ton of talent will be available without reaching too much this year. If we do end up getting the number one overall pick and Luck is there its becoming a no-brainer. Then with the first pick of the second round good potential talent will still be available. Linebackers Von Miller or Bruce Carter seem like superstars in the making? Auburn DT Nick Fairley is a monster. Then the third round, Kyle Rudolph TE ND might be here with his injury, or maybe even Gabe Carimi could still be available, I think other OTs are emerging this year and NFL teams are forgeting about him and going with the trend to draft speedy secondary cover guys might push him all the way to the first pick of the third too. And he just seems to have the body. 6'7" 327. Basically what I am thinking is that to build our team we have to draft best available players. But I think that our needs and league mentality favors our draft, next year. Especially when we might have the huge advantage of pick #1 in every round. Not blowing it is our biggest need.