Baltimore is TERRIBLE to watch a game...

SDS

Nice stadium, but the atmosphere is pathetic.

Do you realize that nothing really happens after a Ravens score? Other than 5 seconds of initial cheering, that's it - the crowd just goes silent. They tried to play a Redskin-esque fight song once, but no one knew the words. :rolleyes:

So, the crowd was loud for one 4th down play late in the game and semi-loud maybe 3 other plays. Couple that with no scoring ritual and what a lame atmosphere today was...

I strongly disagree, my ears are ringing from today. Very good game day experience and stadium, imo. Those fans were stunned today. They kinda took it as a loss.

Ringing from what? :unsure:

It sure as hell wasn't from the Ravens fans.

Do you realize that nothing really happens after a Ravens score? Other than 5 seconds of initial cheering, that's it - the crowd just goes silent. They tried to play a Redskin-esque fight song once, but no one knew the words. :rolleyes:

So, the crowd was loud for one 4th down play late in the game and semi-loud maybe 3 other plays. Couple that with no scoring ritual and what a lame atmosphere today was...

I haven't been there for a game, but I had always heard that the Ravens had one of the better game day experiences in the league. I have been to other stadiums around the league, and been underwhelmed...maybe we are just spoiled by the Ralph? No place I have been, can compare...particularly during the good years.

I haven't been there for a game, but I had always heard that the Ravens had one of the better game day experiences in the league. I have been to other stadiums around the league, and been underwhelmed...maybe we are just spoiled by the Ralph? No place I have been, can compare...particularly during the good years.

The stadium is nice. The HD screens are nice. The game boards on the sidelines are nearly invisible. In in-game rituals are non existent, except maybe the "heeeeeap", and "gooooose", etc...

Isn't that the old Baltimore Colts song? I though the BC Marching Band played when the Ravens score.

I watched the Ravens play a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Watching teams like the Ravens, the Bengals, Bears, and Texans it just seems flat. They are all teams that I would think have a good amount of team spirit but I never see much from the TV.

We have traditions, such as the Ravens marching band that have been here since the Colts were here. They play every game day while marching into the stadium and at half time. During the national anthem we all shout "O" at one point.

We have a great atmosphere especially at games such as national viewed, division rivalries, patriots, and colts games. Maybe not as much today because we, no offense, thought the opponent we were facing wouldn't give us much trouble at all. Boy were we wrong.

The stadium is nice. The HD screens are nice. The game boards on the sidelines are nearly invisible. In in-game rituals are non existent, except maybe the "heeeeeap", and "gooooose", etc...

I have been to a few Texans games, it is much the same. Great stadium, blah atmosphere, for the most part.

Yes they definitely need a song after a TD. That area is sorely lacking. No other issues for me.

The folks in my section were loud and stood for every (every!) 3rd down.

Can't agree with you on the atmosphere either. Great place to watch a game.

Plus I didn't get hassled for wearing a Bills jersey. Not a peep! Kudos to the B-more fans!

Opposing fans at the Ralph/Rich get physically abused and verbally asaulted by drunk idiots.

Kudos again to the B-more fans!

Edited by mdbruce3

They tried to play a Redskin-esque fight song once, but no one knew the words. :rolleyes:

I found an old GameDay program from the Bills vs Steelers in 1992 that had the lyrics to Shout! in it. Maybe they should print the lyrics in their programs.

Can you blame them for not wanting to sing this?sick.gif

Baltimore Ravens Lets go

And put that ball across the line

S
o fly on with talons spread wide

Go in and strike with Ravens pride

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Ravens dark wings take to flight

Dive in and show them your might

For Baltimore and Maryland

You will fly on to victory

Original words & music by
Jo Lombardi & Benjamin Klasmer
Adapted & arranged by
John Ziemann & Todd Clontz

Edited by Nanker

Emphatically disagree. Personal experience. The 2nd best football game I ever saw was the Indy Colts vs Baltimore Ravens playoff game after the 2006 season (the best game was Patriots vs Rams in Super Bowl). That Playoff game was the field goal game. Indy won 15 - 6. Viniateri hit 3 (or was it 4) 50+ yarders. M&T Stadium that day was the loudest Stadium, outside a Rock Concert, I ever heard. The flyover was 4 Warthog (tankbusters). The Stadium is designed to capture and hold the sound. Warthog's have a heavy noise (so to speak). M&T that day was totally amazing. The Stadium rocked until AV hit his 5th and final field goal with like 3 minutes left to go. The Ravens fans are very, very passionate and nasty should an enemy fan act like an idiot (Bills fans much the same :))

Emphatically disagree. Personal experience. The 2nd best football game I ever saw was the Indy Colts vs Baltimore Ravens playoff game after the 2006 season (the best game was Patriots vs Rams in Super Bowl). That Playoff game was the field goal game. Indy won 15 - 6. Viniateri hit 3 (or was it 4) 50+ yarders. M&T Stadium that day was the loudest Stadium, outside a Rock Concert, I ever heard. The flyover was 4 Warthog (tankbusters). The Stadium is designed to capture and hold the sound. Warthog's have a heavy noise (so to speak). M&T that day was totally amazing. The Stadium rocked until AV hit his 5th and final field goal with like 3 minutes left to go. The Ravens fans are very, very passionate and nasty should an enemy fan act like an idiot (Bills fans much the same :))

A playoff game where the Colts visited Baltimore is anything but typical gameday circumstances, no?. It's almost the most potentially raucous matchup I can propose for an NFL game. A lot different than a regular season game against a winless opponent, anyway.

I strongly disagree, my ears are ringing from today. Very good game day experience and stadium, imo. Those fans were stunned today. They kinda took it as a loss.

When you expect to win by 30 sometimes a tight game feels like a loss. Instead of being amped up, there's just a quiet disbelief.

I know it's a tough week to make this analogy but for ravens fans it was like it would be for buff fans if a ufl team came into our home and was tied or ahead late. Instead of being excited for a dramatic game, there's a sense of disappointment even in victory.

Move those chains, move those chains, move those chains... HMMMMPH!! Dumbest thing ever. That and when they yell "O" really loud during the National Anthem. Hellooooo do that during the Orioles games, not during football games.

Yes they definitely need a song after a TD. That area is sorely lacking. No other issues for me.

The folks in my section were loud and stood for every (every!) 3rd down.

Can't agree with you on the atmosphere either. Great place to watch a game.

Plus I didn't get hassled for wearing a Bills jersey. Not a peep! Kudos to the B-more fans!

Opposing fans at the Ralph/Rich get physically abused and verbally asaulted by drunk idiots.

Kudos again to the B-more fans!

I've been to a game there and thought the same thing. They are actually pretty decent fans.

Ok, they were lacking a song. It's good that every stadium is not the same but kudos to the Ravens fans in our section. No jerks at all and we had a good time speaking with them. Lots of noise and everyone standing at appropriate times in our section at the game.

Some differences:

Marching band before game and in end zone :thumbsup:

Cheerleader acrobatics :thumbsup:

The Ravens were way more animated (especially Reed and Lewis) before the game when they were introduced and interacted with the fans.

Amazing how quickly we got back on 95 after the game. Outstanding highway access to/from the game.