Since Fitz has taken over: 26 points and 350+ yards of offense

Big Turk

That is nothing short of impressive...since Fitz has taken over, Bills have ranked 4th in the NFL in points scored per game averaging 26 per game and 350+ yards...only trails Tennessee, Indy, and SD in the NFL...pretty good company to be in and prime example of what an offensive mastermind Gailey is when he has a QB that will run his system correctly...

Have 1409 yards in 232 plays, averaging 6.07 yards per play...pretty damn impressive, and would rank 3rd in the NFL behind San Diego at 6.5 and Houston at 6.1...

Top 10 in Yards per game, Top 5 in points per game, top 3 in yards per play

Edited by matter2003

We may have found a QB. If you have a stud DT or DE/LB that is draftable in top 5 you may actually draft them instead of a QB. Unless Luck is coming out I think Fitz's play if it keeps up changes the landscape.

The guy was VERY impressive shredding the vaunted Ravens' D for almost 400 yards passing. How many QBs will do that in the Ravens' stadium this year?

Anyone who watched the team last year knew he was better than Trent. Knew FJ was a very good RB and knew we had a serviceable defense and needed probably a DT and a LB.

I think that is the troublesome thing is that we all saw it and you wasted a lot of time trying to mix and match and see who you have on the team and you could have gotten a lot more from this team early by playing them all (Fitz/FJ/WRs/etc) together. Oh well....maybe we just say hey we need 8 more good players on defense and just use FA to form a great great D

So how did Gailey not see this initially? I still don't understand that.

OK, let's say Frit keeps this up. What's the draft plan. Do we try to land the stud OL or DL?

The draft had certainly better be heavy on DL and LB's cause that defense doesn't cut it!

and no one has talked about our new RT, he certainly didn't look out of place out there today.

Cause Edwards looks like a stud QB in practice and training camps until the games start and he folds like cheap tent

Yeah, and according to numerous reporters covering Bills training and mini camps (Paul Hamilton, Mark Gaughan, Tim Graham, a few others) Fitz looked pretty bad in the spring and over the summer. Some guys are practice heroes and some are gamers.

In my opinion, OLB is our biggest need heading into the off-season. Most of our defense's problems can be absolved if we had 1 above average OLB and 1 stud as our rush linebacker. Our lack of pass rush is causing or secondary to be shredded, and our inability to cover TEs is because we have to match them up with safeties, as we don't have a weakside backer who can cover TEs. Even our run defense will improve because the majority of big gains have come from runs through the C gap and/or plays where the hole is plugged up and we the running back bounces it to the outside and breaks contain.

If Lamarr Woodley and/or David Harris somehow manage to become free agents, the Bills need to make every effort to sign at least one of them. I would prefer Woodley because I believe Poz and Davis can be starters with the right supporting cast. However, Harris would be an instant upgrade over both players at ILB.

That is nothing short of impressive...since Fitz has taken over, Bills have ranked 4th in the NFL in points scored per game averaging 26 per game and 350+ yards...only trails Tennessee, Indy, and SD in the NFL...pretty good company to be in and prime example of what an offensive mastermind Gailey is when he has a QB that will run his system correctly...

I confess, I have a giant soft spot for Fitz. To me, he is a player in the dark horse (Kurt Warner) mold:

someone who wasn't expected to be drafted, wasn't expected to make the team, wasn't expected to ever be a starter.

He loves the game, believes in himself, and continues to work hard hoping he'll get a chance.

I'm happy for him that he's getting that chance, and pulling for him to continue to make good.

I confess, I have a giant soft spot for Fitz. To me, he is a player in the dark horse (Kurt Warner) mold:

someone who wasn't expected to be drafted, wasn't expected to make the team, wasn't expected to ever be a starter.

He loves the game, believes in himself, and continues to work hard hoping he'll get a chance.

I'm happy for him that he's getting that chance, and pulling for him to continue to make good.

he's very easy to route for.... well said.

To boot, Fitz is the #2 rated passer in the NFL at 102.0 behind Peyton Manning at 103.4...better than Brady, Rivers, Roethlesberger, Eli, Ryan, Rodgers and Schaub...

If Gailey isn't one of the best offensive coaches in the NFL I don't know ho is...dude makes average QBs into all-pro type players...see Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler

And to boot, Fitz is only getting sacked 1 time per 16 dropbacks...a pretty decent feat behind this line, although they played awesome today(funny weren't they missing Cornell "Turnstile" Green?)

Edited by matter2003

Did Gaily not have access to the game tapes of Edwards?

The coaching staff really botched some of its initial moves, no way to soft peddle it. Edwards as the starter, the switch to the 3-4, Cornell Green, and not starting Fred Jackson come immediately to mind. At least they are not afraid to say "my bad" and move on.

Ok, I totally hated Fitzpatrick, but I want to go buy a #14 Jersey now. The Guy plays when challenged. For example, he shut up Bart Scott. Scott stated that he was going to knock Fitzy out of the game if Fitzy ran. Fitzy ran for 74 yards. Ray Lewis stated that they were going to take their loss from last week and punish Buffalo. Again, Fitzy showed up and Lewis must have fell a sleep. I hope every Defensive LB threatens Fitzy. Now only if the Def could stop a flat tire from rolling over them.

Did Gaily not have access to the game tapes of Edwards?

Are you not seeing what Gailey does with most QBs? Look at Fitz...would Jauron get a 102 passer rating out of him last year? Of course he knew, but like any good coach, they believe they have the answers the other people don't...and in most cases, Gailey has proven to be right...Edwards must be really F'd up if Gailey can't even fix him...

Ok, I totally hated Fitzpatrick, but I want to go buy a #14 Jersey now.

Available online? Linky please?

The Guy plays when challenged. For example, he shut up Bart Scott. Scott stated that he was going to knock Fitzy out of the game if Fitzy ran. Fitzy ran for 74 yards. Ray Lewis stated that they were going to take their loss from last week and punish Buffalo. Again, Fitzy showed up and Lewis must have fell a sleep.

Fitzy to Lewis: "Get off me B****" (per Talley twitter feed). Classic.

Now only if the Def could stop a flat tire from rolling over them.

Aint it the sad truth.