Officals!!!

nmocdr

How was the Reggie corner pick, not a pick? He caught the ball probably 4 full yards in front of the end line.

No feet down. No body down. A bizzarre technicality cost them the INT. I was imagining that if you caught the ball at the hash in the air, a strong LB could carry the WR out of bounds for an incomplete. Just a variation of the push-out rule. It was the right call...but strange.

I know Hangartner threw his helmet on the ground, so that is probably what drew the penalty, but isn't the rule that taking your helmet off period draws the penalty?

When they're showing the replay of Hangartner, the Ravens had a guy with his helmet off in plain view before the penalty was called.

I know Hangartner threw his helmet on the ground, so that is probably what drew the penalty, but isn't the rule that taking your helmet off period draws the penalty?

When they're showing the replay of Hangartner, the Ravens had a guy with his helmet off in plain view before the penalty was called.

You can take your helmet off to adjust it. Just can't take it off to celebrate or in frustration.

How was the Reggie corner pick, not a pick? He caught the ball probably 4 full yards in front of the end line.

He never got both feet in bounds because his right foot came down on the receiver's ankle. As much as it sucks, thats the right call. Not blowing forward progress on the strip in OT though is inexcusable IMO

No feet down. No body down. A bizzarre technicality cost them the INT. I was imagining that if you caught the ball at the hash in the air, a strong LB could carry the WR out of bounds for an incomplete. Just a variation of the push-out rule. It was the right call...but strange.

I thought they changed that rule to give credit if you WOULD have come down with the ball before getting pushed out. On a related note, I could have sworn that after he got the one foot down, his right elbow touched green grass before rolling out of bounds. That should have counted.

On an unrelated note, I guaran-FREAKING-tee if that was Ray Rice being held up like that in overtime, they would have whistled him dead from lack of forward progress.

The way we lost the game....you don't hold up a guy and strip it...and so what if our guy is pushing from behind the entire thing is illegal and should have been blown dead. Even though they were slow to blow they sometimes do that and blow later on that it was dead...last play on O for us was a sham.

The way we lost the game....you don't hold up a guy and strip it...and so what if our guy is pushing from behind the entire thing is illegal and should have been blown dead. Even though they were slow to blow they sometimes do that and blow later on that it was dead...last play on O for us was a sham.

In fact, there is a penalty for "assisting in the forward progress of the ball carrier" or something to that effect. If a player gets pushed BACK, they call it dead by forward progress, but if he's held up for three seconds, THEN gets pushed forward then they allow it? I don't get it.

Let me address all in one:

1) There was still forward progress as the Bills were still pushing the pile forward. Valid strip and correct call. No excuse for not having both hands on the ball.

2) The Bills got a couple very favorable spots in key times.

3) The non interception call was correct. Never got 2 feet down. As far as PI goes, both players were abusing each other all during that play. Could have called PI either way. Probably a correct no call though a tough one as far as the Bills are concerned.

4) The Bills player throwing his helmet down was inexcusably stupid. That may very well have cost the Bills the game. And again, the correct call.

Good teams find a way to win when they are playing bad.

Bad teams find a way to lose when they are playing good.

Edited by CodeMonkey

In fact, there is a penalty for "assisting in the forward progress of the ball carrier" or something to that effect. If a player gets pushed BACK, they call it dead by forward progress, but if he's held up for three seconds, THEN gets pushed forward then they allow it? I don't get it.

Nothing to really get; at best, refs were incompetent. At worst, they were dirty. That's why I'm not even mad about the Hangartner move - if he didn't throw it off, the refs would have found something else.

Only 1 foot touched down in bounds and he rolled over the player in the endzone never making a knee or another part touch the ground ! THe bottom guy basically forced him out of bound with out touching it almost like a wrestling move !

Thank you for the intelligent insight. You contribute so much :rolleyes:

Look, if you don 't like or understand the rule, just say so and leave it at that. Don't assume others agree with your willful misinterpretation of the rule.

The replay is unambiguous. You have to come down with the ball with two feet on the ground, inbounds.

If you want to say they missed an off. interference call, THEN you will find everyone will agree with you.

Move on.

there were an awful lot of bad calls that went the ravens way, but the absolute worst is the non call in ot, 4 ravens holding a bill in the air while two other ravens were trying to strip the ball, forward momentum was obviously over and the was dead for almost 10 full seconds!!

Look, if you don 't like or understand the rule, just say so and leave it at that. Don't assume others agree with your willful misinterpretation of the rule.

The replay is unambiguous. You have to come down with the ball with two feet on the ground, inbounds.

If you want to say they missed an off. interference call, THEN you will find everyone will agree with you.

Move on.

I'm pretty sure I did just that. You were the one who decided to make an unnecessary comment about my opinion.

there were an awful lot of bad calls that went the ravens way, but the absolute worst is the non call in ot, 4 ravens holding a bill in the air while two other ravens were trying to strip the ball, forward momentum was obviously over and the was dead for almost 10 full seconds!!

Watch it again tomorrow after you have calmed down. The pile, including the ball carrier, were moving forward pushed by Bills players. If you feel the need to be pissed, get pissed at the Bills ball carrier for only keeping 1 hand on the ball.

The Bills took a team to overtime that no one, even most Bills fans, gave them a chance of winning. That will have to be enough for now.

Watch it again tomorrow after you have calmed down. The pile, including the ball carrier, were moving forward pushed by Bills players. If you feel the need to be pissed, get pissed at the Bills ball carrier for only keeping 1 hand on the ball.

The Bills took a team to overtime that no one, even most Bills fans, gave them a chance of winning. That will have to be enough for now.

The pile -eventually- moved forward, but was stopped well long enough to legitimately call it dead from lack of forward progress. In fact I don't think it started moving forward until Ray was stripping it.

Nah, you said that most people agree it was an INT. They don't. I was pointing that out.

Most people who understand reception rules agree that it was an INT.

Nah, you said that most people agree it was an INT. They don't. I was pointing that out.

When I say most people, I mean the average football fan who looks at that and says "hey, he caught that ball and would've landed inbounds if not for Boldin, that's an interception."

I don't mean the people who are either referees or people who trust that the rules are 100% correct. In my opinion, most people would say, intuitively, Reggie Corner caught that ball inbounds. That's all I'm trying to say.

It should've been an INT, his right elbow clearly hits the ground in front of the white out of bounds stripe, an 1 elbow = 2 feet.

http://www.fezam.com/elbow.jpg

You are completely correct. When I was watching the replays, I was 100% sure they would let it stand as I saw his elbow down. It is complete BS that the officials blew that call AFTER a booth review.

Where was stopping forward motion on Nelson? Where was the flag for Ray Lewis taking his helmet off and grandstanding? NFL = No Fair League.

PTR

I don't know if it's just me, but after watching that game I have a much lesser opinion of Ray Lewis.