Storming the field

jscap

Been on youtube watching some videos of the good ol' days and after seeing the fans pour onto the field and take down the goalposts, it got me thinking. What would it take for that to happen again? Beating the Patriots? Winning AFC East? Someday it might happen...i'm keeping faith.

Been on youtube watching some videos of the good ol' days and after seeing the fans pour onto the field and take down the goalposts, it got me thinking. What would it take for that to happen again? Beating the Patriots? Winning AFC East? Someday it might happen...i'm keeping faith.

In '88 after we ripped the goalposts down, etc., when it was a big game, they would line up all the sheriffs with horses along the edge of the stands, so it was never done again....There hasn't been reason to in a long time, so maybe they will forget about the horses by the time we get a chance to do it again.

I do not know if we'd ever get on the field again. I used to be for it but today I think it would be too dangerous. I am not saying there were not whacko's a decade ago but I think more people want to get famous quick, etc and could easily attack a player, especially an opponent. No joke, give me a chance at Ray Lewis, Tony Romo, Rod Woodson, or any cheap shot artist, I would shiv them with a toothbrush or shank'm with a soup can top.

The NFL is 50 times more strict than it was back in the 80s and early 90s...they don't even let players do endzone celebrations anymore let alone want a bunch of drunken Buffalo fans storming the field! Sadly I think that tradition is long over with, back in 2004 when the Bills had a shot at the playoffs against Pittsburgh in the last game of the season there was a **** ton of security on hand and I think they were prepared for that very scenario.

The NFL is 50 times more strict than it was back in the 80s and early 90s...they don't even let players do endzone celebrations anymore let alone want a bunch of drunken Buffalo fans storming the field! Sadly I think that tradition is long over with, back in 2004 when the Bills had a shot at the playoffs against Pittsburgh in the last game of the season there was a **** ton of security on hand and I think they were prepared for that very scenario.

But if everyone decides to go, would it even be possible for there to be enough security to stop the entire lower bowl? I don't think so. The first few people would probably get stopped/arrested, but after that they would probably have to let everyone else go. One can hope anyway since I'm too young to remember the last time it happened and would love to be a part of that.

But if everyone decides to go, would it even be possible for there to be enough security to stop the entire lower bowl? I don't think so. The first few people would probably get stopped/arrested, but after that they would probably have to let everyone else go. One can hope anyway since I'm too young to remember the last time it happened and would love to be a part of that.

you get 50 people to jump over the wall, and others will follow, because like you said, there's not enough security to get everyone.