Bills have 1st crack at Merriman.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE ARE IN FREAKIN LAST PLACE,SOME OTHER TEAM WILL CLAIM MERRIMAN. WE CAN"T STOP THE RUN AND NOW YOU GUYS WOULD RATHER PASS....unbelieveable

First it was the dogs with Vick and NOW Merriman is a has been..... :thumbsup:

WE ARE NOW PICKY ON WHOM SHOULD WEAR A BUFFALO UNIFORM :wallbash:

Edited by Another Point of View

Agreed - what do they have to lose at this point?

This is a top NFL defensive leader as well! Geez, to me this is a no brainer

I guess the 49ers can claim him

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16364318?source=rss&source=rss_teams_San_Francisco_49ers&nclick_check=1

WE ARE IN FREAKIN LAST PLACE,SOME OTHER TEAM WILL CLAIM MERRIMAN. WE CAN"T STOP THE RUN AND NOW YOU GUYS WOULD RATHER PASS....unbelieveable

First it was the dogs with Vick and NOW Merriman is a has been..... :thumbsup:

WE ARE NOW PICKY ON WHOM SHOULD WEAR A BUFFALO UNIFORM :wallbash:

Why shouldn't we be picky? Just because we aren't good doesn't mean you sign every "I hope he can be good". When you're not picky you end up with Cornell Green. So yes, we should be picky.

Why shouldn't we be picky? Just because we aren't good doesn't mean you sign every "I hope he can be good". When you're not picky you end up with Cornell Green. So yes, we should be picky.

You can get a leader for free, we have a weak defense, Merrimen will play within a few weeks.

Not every player is Cornell Green........ :flirt:

Once considered one of the best defensive players in the game, Merriman had 39.5 sacks over his first three seasons starting in 2005, despite missing four games in 2006 for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

But he has had only four sacks in the three seasons since and developed a contentious relationship with Chargers general manager A.J. Smith.

Merriman's contract pays him $3,269,000 this season. ESPN's report said that Merriman, who has battled calf and Achilles problems this year, could be healthy enough to play by the end of the month.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16364318

I'd bring in Merriman in a heart beat. The LB's on this team are so bad anything would be an upgrade. Plus he may put fannies in the seats which we know Ralph likes. I don't know about Nix though. He wants to build "the right way" through the draft. And on that note his 1st draft looks very ordinary at this point.

definitely... and who knows, maybe a real instinctive player with a natural ability to pile up the sacks just might help a very raw Aaron Maybin....

Sure, just like Lavar Arrington did. :wallbash: