Green OUT!

Amstel

Sure could but may be throwing a bone to a veteran player. They ask him if he wants to be cut to look for a new team or go on IR knowing either way he isn't going to be playing for the Bills again. I am sure other teams are lining up to get plays benched by the Bills. Also as someone mentioned, it covers them for making the mistake in the first place.

If he is smart he takes the IR and gets paid by the end of the season. If he thinks he can catch on another team he takes an injury settlement. One of those will happen in the next 2 or 3 weeks. It may not be some secret move but it is definately convenient.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get why we would need to fabricate an excuse to bench him? Couldn't Chan just say, "sorry dude but you stink. take a seat"

Maybe that is what they said to Green but not to the public. Coaches don't like to embarrass players. It's not a good way to get players to play for you.

It's not a good way to get players to play for you.

Neither is surrounding them with guys who aren't NFL caliber and putting together a team that's not even competitive, but that doesn't seem to stop the Bills.

The Buffalo Bills - you don't come here, you end up here.

We are all going to be calling for cordaro howard's head after he gets destroyed by the ravens. It's not like it matters who is over there... There is nobody who can play tackle on this team.

Anyone know Wang's status? Has he progressed enough to be on the field since the injury? I guess only the coaches would really know but I haven't heard any clips about him other than being on the inactives ach week.

Yeah I guess I figured this FO didnt really give a crap what the perception of them was but maybe he was a little "banged up" like Chan said. They were going to cut him soon anyway so it might have just worked out that way.

Anyways, if he DOES eventually go on IR and/or waivers I wonder who the replacement would be? Hopefully a linebacker

Hmmm... signing a linebacker to line up at right tackle, huh? Why not. It's in keeping playing our trying to use defensive linemen at outside linebacker.