Resuce attempt for Miners in "officially" underway

stevestojan

CNN.com is tastefully keeping score on it's front page with a real time chart of "Underground: 33", "Rescued: 0"

That aside, its pretty refreshing to see a potential good ending to this story. Fingers crossed for these guys.

Maybe they'll put in a "dead" category if something bad happens.

Maybe they'll put in a "dead" category if something bad happens.

"First rescue worker arrives inside Chilean mine in narrow capsule and is greeted with hugs and handshakes from miners. "

The rescue capsule is 22" in diameter. Guessing these guys all lost a ton of weight down there. That seems TINY.

Just turned on CNN. There goes the rest of my night! :)

"First rescue worker arrives inside Chilean mine in narrow capsule and is greeted with hugs and handshakes from miners. "

The rescue capsule is 22" in diameter. Guessing these guys all lost a ton of weight down there. That seems TINY.

Just turned on CNN. There goes the rest of my night! :)

So wait...now there are 34 guys in the mine??

So wait...now there are 34 guys in the mine??

Yes, they sent a rescuer down there. I'm guessing to show the miners how to operate the rescue pod. But what's strange is that they just finally rescued one, and sent ANOTHER rescuer down there. Interesting....

Yeah, Im just not getting this. In 10 minutes, there's going to officially be more people down there than started, with one miner already being rescued. Anyone with any guesses as to why they'd send 2 down?

Edited by stevestojan

Yes, they sent a rescuer down there. I'm guessing to show the miners how to operate the rescue pod. But what's strange is that they just finally rescued one, and sent ANOTHER rescuer down there. Interesting....

Yeah, Im just not getting this. In 10 minutes, there's going to officially be more people down there than started, with one miner already being rescued. Anyone with any guesses as to why they'd send 2 down?

The second guy down is a doctor, to determine the weakest ones who will be coming out first.

The second guy down is a doctor, to determine the weakest ones who will be coming out first.

Thanks.

Seems like they got the absolute healthiest man out first - I'm assuming it's under the premise of "if this rescue doesn't work for the healthiest guy, we need to start over because it will never work for someone who's ill".

This is just incredible.

Those glasses are Oakley. I have been watching closely. I swear that is the Oakley symbol. That makes these guys the coolest cavemen ever! (In reality, they are probably assembled down the road for $3 and available on local streets for $4)

This beats any Bills game this year. Why am I still up watching this?!

Edited by jboyst62

It is small, but I think you're thinking of circumference, ie, your waist size. 22" is the diameter across. Grab a tape measure and hold it in front of you and see how wide you are. I know I could fit, it would be tight, but I could get in it.

Those glasses are Oakley. I have been watching closely. I swear that is the Oakley symbol. That makes these guys the coolest cavemen ever! (In reality, they are probably assembled down the road for $3 and available on local streets for $4)

This beats any Bills game this year. Why am I still up watching this?!

They are Oakleys....

$450 sunglasses and a tight squeeze: How trapped Chilean miners will survive their rescue

Once they reach the surface, they'll be given $450 donated Oakley sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sunlight.

Did anybody hear of the one miner's story... After the accident both his wife and mistress rushed to the site. I bet he wants to be the last one taken up... ;) Is probably eating himself fat so he can't fit in the basket (they said the average American would not fit... They have to be 36" or under on waist size... That is why they were trying to get them to exercise and not eat too much while waiting).

Too funny considering how true the story really is... ?? I can just imagine the "caption this photo" contest!

:lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Not if your wife AND mistress were waiting for you at the top!

:ph34r:

Well, he got out a few minutes ago and it was just his mistress. His wife said she wanted nothing to do with the spectacle.The next guy (22) is already on his way up.

Cheers to the rescued Miners of Chile and all those responsible for getting them all out alive!

Cheers to their President - who took command of the situation from the get-go and saw it through.

What a fantastic outcome! :thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Edited by Nanker