So, homers...

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everything they could to let Minn back in the game yesterday. You have a cocky, dumb coach who will cost that talented team an important win or two before the year is out. That being said, they're as good as anyone in the AFC. But so what.

A buddy of mine at work has Jets season tickets and he always says to wait until after Thanksgiving for the Jets to start falling apart. He thinks the curse started with the fake Marino spike (if anybody remembers that play) many seasons ago. Rather than spike the ball to stop the clock him faked the spike and threw a quick out to the WR (Clayton or Duper I believe but might be wrong) just past the endzone pilon to win the game.

Otherwise I could care less what the Jets do (I think Joe Namath said this also to Suzy Colbert when he was dead drunk on the side lines on MNF) because we've got our own problems to worry about.

A buddy of mine at work has Jets season tickets and he always says to wait until after Thanksgiving for the Jets to start falling apart. He thinks the curse started with the fake Marino spike (if anybody remembers that play) many seasons ago. Rather than spike the ball to stop the clock him faked the spike and threw a quick out to the WR (Clayton or Duper I believe but might be wrong) just past the endzone pilon to win the game.

Otherwise I could care less what the Jets do (I think Joe Namath said this also to Suzy Colbert when he was dead drunk on the side lines on MNF) because we've got our own problems to worry about.

I was at that game. What a cool play.

Did everything they could to let Minn back in the game yesterday. You have a cocky, dumb coach who will cost that talented team an important win or two before the year is out. That being said, they're as good as anyone in the AFC. But so what.

And Minnesota isn't playing that well right now. Favre is probably hurting that team more than he's helping.

Still, the Jets aren't bad. I still don't put them in the Superbowl favorite category yet, but they're contenders.

I think the curse happened before that. Do you guys remember back when O'Brian was the QB and they were like 10-1 (I think 1985) and then a sports announcer said they wouldn't win another game (McGuire?). And they didn't. I think that's when the real choking started...

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

You disappoint me, JSP - why don't you just move to Jersey and root for the Jets? :blink:

I was definitely one of the "Jets are overrated" guys. They look better than the Saints and the Colts ... maybe even looking like the best team right now. So I'll admit that I was wrong about the Jets.

But what's with the "homer" crap?

Why is it a bad thing to be optimistic about your favorite team?

When the Bills get this rebuild done the right way, and they start winning games, all the dooshrats that slam them on a daily basis will be right there saying, "I stuck with them through the bad times." And that will be a load of sheet.

I will be able to say it, and mean it. And it's going to feel effin great.

Naa, not ten years...

I have never wished for anyone's demise and I never will... but that is what it is going to take to create enough change to make a difference. C'est la vie

When the Bills get this rebuild done the right way, and they start winning games, all the dooshrats that slam them on a daily basis will be right there saying, "I stuck with them through the bad times." And that will be a load of sheet.

I will be able to say it, and mean it. And it's going to feel effin great.

I slam the Bills daily because of the terrible product that they have put on the field for the last decade, and the woefully inept mismanagement of a once-proud franchise conducted by our "front office".

I am not blindly optimistic, and I predicted that the Bills would be the worst team in the NFL this year. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a below average NFL quarterback who will never lead a team to the playoffs.

But yet here I am, sticking with them through the bad times. You don't need to be blind to be a fan. I watch their games (three cheers for the Internet saving us from blackouts), and hope for the best. But still, I expect the worst because if you watch enough football, you can recognize futility when you see it.

If we are wise enough to correctly draft a franchise quarterback, I will be as happy as anyone when we return to NFL prominence. I'll tell stories about how bad it was to be a Bills fan during the "dark ages".

But I guess I'm just a "dooshrat".

I slam the Bills daily because of the terrible product that they have put on the field for the last decade, and the woefully inept mismanagement of a once-proud franchise conducted by our "front office".

I am not blindly optimistic, and I predicted that the Bills would be the worst team in the NFL this year. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a below average NFL quarterback who will never lead a team to the playoffs.

But yet here I am, sticking with them through the bad times. You don't need to be blind to be a fan. I watch their games (three cheers for the Internet saving us from blackouts), and hope for the best. But still, I expect the worst because if you watch enough football, you can recognize futility when you see it.

If we are wise enough to correctly draft a franchise quarterback, I will be as happy as anyone when we return to NFL prominence. I'll tell stories about how bad it was to be a Bills fan during the "dark ages".

But I guess I'm just a "dooshrat".

This is one of those, "if the shoe fits," circumstances, so don't take my general comments/names personally. There's a difference between pointing out what's wrong with the team and downright slamming the team. I know Ralph isn't the best owner. I know Modrak is probably the biggest single problem this team has. I know Fitz isn't a legitimate starter.

But I like to point out signs of hope and optimism, and it's not blind. I think the rebuilding is being done the right way at last. And I realistically believe that we won't even come close to .500 for at least another 3 years.

But coming here, or talking to anyone, and simply saying - "the Bills suck and they're going to suck until Ralph dies, and even after that, they won't draft the right people ... blah, blah, blah." That doesn't do crap. And those kinds of people are the dooshrats.

I still hate the Jets and I still don't think they're going to win the Super Bowl.

They've got the look that's for sure.

Strong on both lines with excellent skill players.

Remind me of the Bills in the late 80s when that team came together.

Very hard to beat a good defense, great offensive line, and great running game. If you have a QB that can AT LEAST, take care of the ball, they will win their fair share and contend for several years. If Sanchez becomes more than a game-manager, like Kelly was, they will be GREAT.

The biggest challenge for the Jets is keeping them together in this era of FAgency. But they've got their best OLmen locked up and I don't think they'll have a problem with other key players. I think they're set up nicely to keep it together for awhile.

Bottom line, they're a very good team on the verge of being GREAT. They are for real.

GO BILLS!!!

What's this we **** Tonto? One question for you... What color Sanchez jersey do you have?

They beat Miami, NE, Buffalo, and MInn... In my opinion, all teams either not performing well, or in Buffalo's case, rebuilding. But yeah... go ahead and give them the Lombardi trophy now... no point in playing out the rest of the season.

I think you're on the wrong board, here's a link to where you need to be posting: Rex Ryan Man Hug Forums

Thanks for posting this useless drivel, we all needed a reminder of how bad the Bills are playing. On the positive side though, I did find a link for you, so you're welcome i guess.

Love the bitterness! Love it!

I call some of you "homers" because you're blind to the sad reality: the rest of our division is advancing, we're retreating.

Not a fan of the Jets, but I *do* find it laughable that many here were saying Sanchez sucks, Ryan sucks, etc... especially given that our coach/QB combo is Gailey/Fitz.

I really like their defense and obviously their running game but if they get behind they are in trouble. Mark Sanchez passing under pressure like in the second half last night is not a good thing for them. He is an average QB who benefits from tremendous D and running game but good for him.

They are as in good shape as anyone to make it to the Super Bowl.

People probably think they are overrated just based on the fact that they are vulnerable and not like a Pats '07 great team. You could see probably 8 teams beating them but at the top there is no dominant team.

Wait until the weather changes though and Sanchez will have some trouble.