back to the 4-3?

Since we are good at changing direction mid-season, how about going back to the 4-3 during the bye week? Being 30th against the run is looking really good right now. We might get some pressure on the QB to generate an INT as well. Ryan Denney is waiting by the phone.

Honestly, a 5-2 at this point would be fine. I don't care if any team tries to go over the top on us. We can defend the pass well enough. The numbers the Jets have run up on us are rediculous. Changes need to be made and the 3-4 scheme isn't working. Anyone who thinks a change isn't necessary should have their head examined.

I think it's sane and actually smart. Somethings got to change. We can try to get more 3/4 players and try it again next year if we have to. We're not ready.

Makes sense 

Swtich to a 3/4, draft players to play a 3/4, then switch to a 4/3 mid season instead of allowing our players toblearn the 3/4, then switch back next year....and start all over again. This season is a wash. Stick with the gameplan and get the players we plan on keeping accustomed to playing it. Would be be better this year is a 4/3? I'd agree the answer is yes. But this year is a lost cause.

Makes sense 

Swtich to a 3/4, draft players to play a 3/4, then switch to a 4/3 mid season instead of allowing our players toblearn the 3/4, then switch back next year....and start all over again. This season is a wash. Stick with the gameplan and get the players we plan on keeping accustomed to playing it. Would be be better this year is a 4/3? I'd agree the answer is yes. But this year is a lost cause.

is that you miracle Max??... :w00t:

Honestly, a 5-2 at this point would be fine. I don't care if any team tries to go over the top on us. We can defend the pass well enough. The numbers the Jets have run up on us are rediculous. Changes need to be made and the 3-4 scheme isn't working. Anyone who thinks a change isn't necessary should have their head examined.

I was disappointed to hear, after the Jest's game that Our D/C had the team prepared for a power game, but they threw them a curve ball and used the same miss direction runs we were so susceptable to last year. This was from the mouth of Kyle Williams in his post game interview. Shouldn't our D/C know what our tendencies are?

Since we are good at changing direction mid-season, how about going back to the 4-3 during the bye week? Being 30th against the run is looking really good right now. We might get some pressure on the QB to generate an INT as well. Ryan Denney is waiting by the phone.

They're not really running a true 34. It's more of a hybrid 43. As most expected, they don't have the personnel to run a 34, so they're making do with what they have. Unfortunately, the players they do have that are used to the 43 or cover 2 aren't that good, and there areen't enough true 34 guys on the roster yet.

Stick with the change. We play a 3-4 and a 4-3 anyway as do most 3-4 teams.

Let's draft better football players and then we won't be talking about what scheme to play.

Its not like it would matter. The Bills were this bad against the run last year, too. If you need any evidence of that, lets just remember that they gave up 318 rushing yards to the Jets in week 6 last year. That was the end of a four game stretch where they gave up nearly 1,000 yards rushing (961). The truth is that they aren't good enough to play either the 4-3 or 3-4 effectively.

The only 'change' that's going to solve anything is to bring in more talent.

Edited by Brandon

Forget the run, the Bills have been incompetent defending the pass as well. This was the second ranked pass defense in the NFL last season.

The Bills do not have a high talent level, but Jauron and Fewell got far more from these guys than Edwards has. That doesn't reflect well on Edwards and his defensive staff.

I think it's sane and actually smart. Somethings got to change. We can try to get more 3/4 players and try it again next year if we have to. We're not ready.

You're wrong. There will always be a low period for a scheme transition. Why not this lost season? What part of that crap defense we put on the field the past four years do you want back? That Tampa 2 crap that folded every 4th quarter? The part that gave up 3rd and long regularly? The sh*t run defense? Suck it up and make the change now.

You're wrong. There will always be a low period for a scheme transition. Why not this lost season? What part of that crap defense we put on the field the past four years do you want back? That Tampa 2 crap that folded every 4th quarter? The part that gave up 3rd and long regularly? The sh*t run defense? Suck it up and make the change now.

yup. seemed to me it was a tough yr to make switch to 3-4, but we're on that road now. stick w/ the plan.