NFL love for the Patriot

bull7734

just doing some paper work with the nfl network on the tv, i looked up when they where talking about the posibility of Randy Moss being traded to a different team, during this they showed various highlights of randy, one of the highlights showed a long touchtown catch on a snow covered field, wellduring his celebration he chest bumped the patriot mascot, in light of a recent bills game after a td a fine was levied by the NFL because a similar celebration without any contact

there are IMO, hundreds of examples of the love the patriots receive, but seemingly most could be explained away by "bad calls" or they did not see an obvious hold or such

can somebody shed some light on this or am i correct in your opinion

It's not just the league. Consider the 2001 season: the Patriots bench Bledsoe, start Brady, go on a tear, are the beneficiary of some questionable calls (including the "tuck rule", that gets them into the Superbowl), and by a very narrow margin (and yet more questionable calls), become not just world champions but a dynasty.

So...is it conicidence that the Patriots should become world champions immediately after 9/11? Or is it evidence of some deeper, Orwellian neo-con propaganda effort? :unsure:

It's not just the league. Consider the 2001 season: the Patriots bench Bledsoe, start Brady, go on a tear, are the beneficiary of some questionable calls (including the "tuck rule", that gets them into the Superbowl), and by a very narrow margin (and yet more questionable calls), become not just world champions but a dynasty.

So...is it conicidence that the Patriots should become world champions immediately after 9/11? Or is it evidence of some deeper, Orwellian neo-con propaganda effort? :unsure:

It's not like David Stern is running the NFL.

very interesting theory that I had never considered before

Or maybe the pats had a team with a good quarterback, who ran a balanced offense as he developed, and their defense was anchored over their superbowl years by the likes of Ted Washington/Richard Seymour/Keith Traylor/Vince Wilfork/Ty Warren had a solid lb core, quality secondary a great front office, and head coach....

Na I'm sure it's some indepth conspiracy surrounding Patriotic love for 9/11 :rolleyes:

Wasn't Belichick seen wiring explosives in the WTC throughout August of that year?

Bart: A conspiracy, eh? You think they might be involved in the Kennedy assassination in some way?

Homer: I do...now.

That's similar to the Super Bowl XXV theory, that both the Bills and Giants were in it so a team with Red, White, and Blue for colors would win.

just doing some paper work with the nfl network on the tv, i looked up when they where talking about the posibility of Randy Moss being traded to a different team, during this they showed various highlights of randy, one of the highlights showed a long touchtown catch on a snow covered field, wellduring his celebration he chest bumped the patriot mascot, in light of a recent bills game after a td a fine was levied by the NFL because a similar celebration without any contact

there are IMO, hundreds of examples of the love the patriots receive, but seemingly most could be explained away by "bad calls" or they did not see an obvious hold or such

Wow, really people?

There is no difference between a chest-bump and pretending to shoot somebody???

Why would the league's interest in having hte Patriots win games even extend to fining or not fining their players? That seems...off topic.

In any case, while I'm sure nobody was disappointed that that the most...patriotically...named team won the Super Bowl right after 9/11, it really doesn't quite seem like the kind of thing that would be worth a conspiracy that would fundamentally destroy the league's reputation if it was ever discovered. It's not like they had to keep out the New England Patriots' hated rivals, the Toronto Tories.

I always thought it is a conspiracy theory that made sense.

You saw that on TV last night, huh? What's your opinion of the possibility of such a trade? Think it will happen?

I remember wondering to myself , " this is way to much of a coincidence." But then Brady backed it up with stellar play for the next 8 years. I really don't believe that the officials are able to decide 3 Superbowls. The patsies won because they hit the lottery in Brady. As much as I hate to say it , Tom Brady is the best qb to ever play in the NFL to date , but it Favre gets it done this year , then the honor goes to him.

Or that the Saints win it all not long after their city is flooded...?

exactly. steve johnson mimic'd shooting someone. a definite no no with the league (although in his case i think it was in good fun, since he was standing next to their mascot militia.)

Then why do the Patriots get to keep the minutemen (with guns) as their mascot?

Johnson didn't pretend to shoot anyone. Not like he aimed at the Pats bench and started firing off rounds. He fired in the air, as a salute.