Why do we want to draft a loser?

Dorkington

Leinart started for like 3 years and started 39 times and was 37-2, scored a 35 on his wonderlic and completed 64.8%. it woulda been nice to pick him up, maybe he would sober up in buffalo

My bad - I must have looked at the wrong number in a stats table. I guess him & that guy in NE are the odd ones.

On the upside - the UC brewery is just down the road from me & I am also a happy customer!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants Jake Locker? I don't want him.

I don't want a prospect that is touted as a "mobile quarterback". I don't care if he can scramble, I want a guy that can read a defense and deliver an accurate ball and be a leader.

Andrew Luck is the best prospect, by far, in my opinion. He has it all.

Ryan Mallet is not bad, and is taller and has a bigger arm than Luck. However, I think Luck is smarter and more adept at reading defenses and also more of a leader and field general.

Who wants Jake Locker? I don't want him.

I don't want a prospect that is touted as a "mobile quarterback". I don't care if he can scramble, I want a guy that can read a defense and deliver an accurate ball and be a leader.

Andrew Luck is the best prospect, by far, in my opinion. He has it all.

Ryan Mallet is not bad, and is taller and has a bigger arm than Luck. However, I think Luck is smarter and more adept at reading defenses and also more of a leader and field general.

Amen, Nappy! You & I is of a mind on this one!

Did anyone else watch the OK St vs TX A&M game from two weeks ago? I thought that the qb, Brandon Weeden from OK St was better than average. Now I will admit that I didn't see the whole game. My thinking is that with his age(26 or 27 yrs old) and having been in pro baseball he might be able to handle the pressures of the nfl better than some of the younger guys. Oh and if this belongs in another thread, sorry, feel free to move it.

Edited by sandiegobillsfan

Lets hope the 2011 season is shortened by a lockout and we just draft a LT round 1 RT round 2 trade up into the 2nd again pick up a OLB that can rush the passer and then only have to endure a shorter season of crap and then draft a QB who will actually be able to get some protection and then draft a tightend or help out the D in round 2.

All in all we need a lot of talent but before we go out and get a QB lets get a LT and a RT who can open up holes and protect the QB. And if we do draft a QB in round one we need to at least grab a RT in round 2 to try and help out the O-line. We can't go another draft without addressing the O-line.

My ideal draft scenario would be to go out and grab a QB round 1 a LT with the early 2nd rounder then go out and trade back into the 2nd to pick up a RT. At least we would get the foundation of the offense in place.

Lets hope the 2011 season is shortened by a lockout and we just draft a LT round 1 RT round 2 trade up into the 2nd again pick up a OLB that can rush the passer and then only have to endure a shorter season of crap and then draft a QB who will actually be able to get some protection and then draft a tightend or help out the D in round 2.

All in all we need a lot of talent but before we go out and get a QB lets get a LT and a RT who can open up holes and protect the QB. And if we do draft a QB in round one we need to at least grab a RT in round 2 to try and help out the O-line. We can't go another draft without addressing the O-line.

My ideal draft scenario would be to go out and grab a QB round 1 a LT with the early 2nd rounder then go out and trade back into the 2nd to pick up a RT. At least we would get the foundation of the offense in place.

What if the Bills finish bad enough to get one of the top three picks and there are two cant miss LT's and A.Luck does come out this draft? Then what do they do?

I'm going to the Jake Locker game Saturday night. I'll provide a scouting report next week. I don't think he's all that good, but he did look good against USC, so we'll see ...

Brace yourselves because Locker is the sort of player that Modrak seems to rate highly. He's a gifted athlete that happens to play football.

Why do we want to draft a loser? Because he will fit right in with our loser owner, F.O. and loser coaching staff. Besides they have been doing it for over a decade, why stop now? You think Edwards had a bad record here? Check out his record at Stanford.

Take the QB, for sure.

A Pro Bowl tackle is great, and really helps your franchise, but no team would ever give away a Pro Bowl QB for a tackle. Would you trade Drew Brees for Jason Peters?

I wouldn't trade a soiled pair of underwear for Jason Peters.

Did anyone else watch the OK St vs TX A&M game from two weeks ago? I thought that the qb, Brandon Weeden from OK St was better than average. Now I will admit that I didn't see the whole game. My thinking is that with his age(26 or 27 yrs old) and having been in pro baseball he might be able to handle the pressures of the nfl better than some of the younger guys. Oh and if this belongs in another thread, sorry, feel free to move it.

I watched the game (obviously) and he did look better than Jarrod Johnson who some thought might be a sleeper candidate. Weeden will be a product similar to a Texas Tech or Urban Meyer taught QB in the spread. I don't think his game would translate well to the NFL.

I'm not convinced that we absolutely need to go QB with our first pick in the 2011 draft, particularly if Andrew Luck doesn't declare. I would be just as happy taking the best LT available. Either Derek Sherrod from Miss. State or Joseph Barksdale from LSU would do just fine. I watched the LSU - Tennessee game last Saturday, and was really impressed with Barksdale. The guy's a freakin beast!!

I know people will say that these guys might be a reach with the 1 or 2 pick, but screw that. We need to shore up our offensive line before we do anything else. The last thing this team needs is to draft a young, talented quarterback and have him get destroyed every Sunday.

I watched the game (obviously) and he did look better than Jarrod Johnson who some thought might be a sleeper candidate. Weeden will be a product similar to a Texas Tech or Urban Meyer taught QB in the spread. I don't think his game would translate well to the NFL.

I never thought of that. He did have one issue that I did think of at the time watching him. It was his delivery, i think they refer to it as 3/4 delivery. So ya I guess I'll pass on him.