Bills Front office needs to show some action

Chuckknox

We got a 4th rounder for him becasue that's his value now, doesn't matter where he was drafted. With time, some players value increases from where they were originally selected some drop.

There was another whole post the other day trying to explain how since both Lynch and Spiller were both #9 picks overall, so somehow that meant we traded a 1st rounder for a 4th round pick??

It's what the player is worth now. Using the logic that value of picks never change over the life of the player, the Bill's must have looked incredibly smart in getting a 1st round pick for Peters who was originally a FA (and even a second pick thrown in). That should go down as one of the most amazing deals in the history of the NFL. But at the time I recall many claiming the Bill's didn't get enough that time too, even though it was FA for a 1st rounder.

Seems according to many here know matter what the Bill's do it's somehow wrong!

4. Traded Lynch and got two draft picks......a 4th and a conditional in two years.....that's a real score there. BTW, wasn't he a 1st rounder?

I mean come on, you act like top talent is just sitting out there on FA or we can just go out and trade for whoever we want. We are in the regular season and we are being quite active, including shuffling our starters

This isn't aimed at me, I know.

You have a valid point

I wonder though

It just seems like somehow other teams manage to bring in more talent through trade, FA, signing waived players etc.

Maybe it's just my perception and I'm mistaken

Bring back Chuck Knox for our Defensive Coordinator position. He was a defensive genious, but no so much on offense.

Chuck must be 85 by now, how about Ted M. too?

Edited by roush

These guys need to work the phones, get a few of these holes filled now - not next year.

"work the phones?" So who makes trades in the season?

Look at what New England does. They just traded Randy Moss. Before that it was Seymore. Before that is was somebody else. They have 2 picks in the each of the first four rounds next year. They will retool and possibly win the division at the same.

We do not need to bring in other teams cast offs. Lets stock pile draft picks and then do something novel like draft good players.

Edited by Bob in STL

I don't think that's the kind of action he wants to see.

He's talking about filling some holes to give the fan base something to feel good about.

Yeah....a lot of action there......and it's building for the future and scaring our division foes something awful.

Bingo! Therein lies the problem with Buddy Nix's "not speedy but painful" rebuilding plan. I'm sure that the Pats, Jets, and Fins are quaking in their boots over the prospect of facing Buddy's rookies, second year players, and scratch-n-dent free agents. :doh:

If they traded Mcargo for Tom Brady you all would still say what idiots they were.

I look forward to reading the outraged posts about how we traded a 1st round pick for a 7th. McCargo is a young, first round stud DT who will take over this league now that he's been given a chance. All they could get for a 27 year old stud DT is a former 7th round pick who almost lost his job to Matt Friggin' Cassel? Unbelievable. I look forward to watching him play with the Patriots, and predict 15 sacks for 2010, and an MVP in 2011. The Bills will rue this day!

What if I hit all five lotto numbers and the freakin' Powerball....

What if Erv Weinstein was really a chick......

What if chicken wings were invented in Saudi Arabia....

the Saudi Arabia thing might be pushing it.

We got a 4th rounder for him becasue that's his value now, doesn't matter where he was drafted. With time, some players value increases from where they were originally selected some drop.

There was another whole post the other day trying to explain how since both Lynch and Spiller were both #9 picks overall, so somehow that meant we traded a 1st rounder for a 4th round pick??

It's what the player is worth now. Using the logic that value of picks never change over the life of the player, the Bill's must have looked incredibly smart in getting a 1st round pick for Peters who was originally a FA (and even a second pick thrown in). That should go down as one of the most amazing deals in the history of the NFL. But at the time I recall many claiming the Bill's didn't get enough that time too, even though it was FA for a 1st rounder.

Seems according to many here know matter what the Bill's do it's somehow wrong!

Because there is no recent history of them doing many things right at all. People who are critical of the Bills are critical for a reason. Why don't the apologists get this???

All I know is G Logan Mankins is still out there and unhappy... I know, I know the Bills don't need a guard... BS! Move Wood to center and bring in Mankins and he would be a huge upgrade on the worst O line in the NFL. WR Vincent Jackson is still out there and unhappy, if signed in Buffalo he would be the #1 WR and have immediate impact once he can play.

Oh Wait! Buddy Nix boasted he was going to get some sleep when free agency started and he is still in deep REM...If he did ever wake up and look at those ideas... RW would say no! To much money and Buddy doesn't wanna part with his precious draft picks anyway, he would prefer to draft mediocre players that the team doesn't really need.

Guys stop worrying, the team will suck this year but RW and the FO have a plan... the Bills draft one of the top QB's this up coming draft and the fans will be back in droves to watch the new guy run for his life for four years, and all you season tix holders will renew and scramble to buy his jersey,

I don't think that's the kind of action he wants to see.

He's talking about filling some holes to give the fan base something to feel good about. Not:

1. signed a Guard.....not just any guard, but the one and only Mansfield Wrotto.

2. Cut a QB....not just any QB....the starting QB who got the most snaps in camp and worked with the 1st team the most.....yeah, great move, but a little late, and we NOTHING for him.

3. Reaquired a QB: One that should have been on the practice squad along with another guy who wasn't retained on the PS, Joique Bell....hey, but we reacquired him.

4. Traded Lynch and got two draft picks......a 4th and a conditional in two years.....that's a real score there. BTW, wasn't he a 1st rounder? And the QB we cut was a 3rd rounder.....and we got nothing for him......wow, those investments are really paying off!

5. Parted ways with Mitchell??? Like he was a problem and finally he's outta here? The guy asked for a settlement. The FO did nothing to facilitate this move....this is hardly action.

6. Waived Meredith and activated a guy off PS................really? This is the same guy listed above under "signed a Guard".....Wrotto......moving his way up the ladder in a hurry! I'm so excited!

7. Brought in Anderson....a guy we had before, who wasn't good enough before.

Yeah....a lot of action there......and it's building for the future and scaring our division foes something awful.

:lol:

Cmon, drink the koolaid....even tho it is laced with poop

Echoing comments made by a poster in an earlier thread, I'm predicting - expecting - a full-scale dynamiting of the offensive line on Tuesday 12 October 2010. This would give the Bills O-line two weeks to get their collective @($% together.

I plan to be thriled.

Will THOSE changes make the OP happy? I'm guessing not.