Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle didn't have a 3rd rounder in the 2010 draft (traded to Philadelphia) NOR does it have a 3rd rounder in the 2011 draft (traded to San Diego).

Seattle NEVER offered us a 3rd rounder. They didn't have one to offer. This is why (essentially) the best we could get from them was a 4th + another pick(4-6 rounder).

This, plus Seattle didn't draft an RB with any of their 5 picks in the first 4 rounds despite all the best backs being available to them...so I've got very little reason to think that they were desperate enough to overpay for Lynch.

OK I am confused. We just burned a 1st round pick on a rb to replace another 1st round pick rb that we traded for a 4th plus conditional. That sounds like a net loss to me.

You can't make a decision today based on what happened 3-4 years ago. You make a decision today based on what is best for you NOW. It's the only thing you can do. It's not like the selection of Marshawn in the 1st round can be undone. It is what it is. You do the best to get value and move on.

lynch made the pro bowl. Freddy will never see a pro bowl.

Freddie's Jersey did go to Caton for Last year’s performance..

Yeah Lynch is a good RB, but there are two more back there and none of them proved they are Barry Sanders who can play without a line. This team today is probably 10-15 good players away from being a playoff contender.

2-3... At least a Tackle if not 2 (depending on Wang) and a center

1-2... WR (depending on Easley and Nelson developing)

2-3... LB's depending on Moats,

1-2... QB's depending on Brohm a Fitz remaining as a back up

1-2... D liner's depending on Carrington and Troup

1-2.. DB's depending on McGee slowing down

1... Stud tight end

With that scenario, it would be 3-4 drafts assuming 3-4 solid to exceptional starters some from each draft. The only way to improve that is to gain picks or land big money free agents.

I am just glad they didn't try to get whitehurst or something crazy.

Logical thinking is forbidden here.

Would have liked to see a third in next years dreft. Because it's only a 4th, I hope the pick in 2012 is no lower than a 5th rounder. As much as I'm glad to see Lynch out of here, there's no disputing that the guy has talent. Adios Marshawn! :devil:

My biggest question is timing! Why now? Why not do this earlier? There were so many rumors out of OBD all off season and now we do it? When we have nothing to gain? After we have seen him performing well and we all have such a sour taste in our mouth? No one expected us to be in the place that we are, releasing Trent and everything else, but it makes no sense to me on timing.

Also, saying his character was of question is amazing. He seems to have been acting better.

PS, Listening to WGR is painful. These guys only positive is that we did right trading him. What a bunch of arse clowns

Why tarde Lynch? Does that make the Bills a better team?

Someone explain that.

:unsure:

It will for the future, which is what the front office is working on. Everyone knows we aren't going anywhere this year. Having 3 good running backs is a bit of a waste, not enough carries to go around.

Like a guy on WGR just said... We're buying $20 stocks and selling them for $8.

Also, like I said already, these guys are beating around the bush. I think it is hilarious. If they were as frustrated as they pretend to be than they should say how they really feel. They shouldn't be putting it through a PR spin.

Like a guy on WGR just said... We're buying $20 stocks and selling them for $8.

Also, like I said already, these guys are beating around the bush. I think it is hilarious. If they were as frustrated as they pretend to be than they should say how they really feel. They shouldn't be putting it through a PR spin.

Ever heard of a "stop-loss"?

Look, we had three options:

a.) trade him for peanuts

b.) let him go as a free agent

c.) sign him to a extension.

Lynch wasn't getting a second contract in Buffalo, that deal was sealed the moment we drafted Spiller, if not the moment we benched him for FJax. So it was a trade or let go situation. Why do you think we'd get more?

Fine, trade him for peanuts. But instead of getting fresh hot roasted peanuts out of the shell, we settled for airplane peanuts.

Should've gotten no less than a 3rd rounder. Pete Carroll just raped us!

Getting two basically useless draft picks doesn't do it for me. You are basically getting anotherMarcus Easley and Ellison type player for Lynch. Based on our pathetic drafting these two picks will last about two or three years in the NFL and then they will get cut. The salary we saved goes towards Kelsay's extension. Oh Boy what a magnificent move.

My question is, why did everyone want to get rid of Lynch in the offseason, but now that we've been shopping him and traded him, everyone thinks he was a great back and they are idiots for getting rid of Lynch?