This is what Jimbo was talking about

A few weeks back there was a post about Jim Kelly on a radio show out west. He said that this season is going to test us as Bills fans.

I agree. We can not leave our team. My wife like many of yours (or maybe your husbands), always asks why i can't like another team?

I tell her it is like why do you like blue not yellow or why you like dogs not cats. Its just bred into you.

Now i know we have an owner who has made very bad decisions. Heck since he hired Polian, i can not really think of one good one.

But we as fans have to support our team. We need to show the league that we love our team.

Not going to a game is not the answer. Not watching your team is not the answer. You have to stick in there during these tough times. This team will win again. And when they do, dont you want to be able to really celebrate it?

I think Chan and Buddy can put this team back on the right course. I do not think Chan can win a Super Bowl or even make a deep run in the playoffs. But i think he can get this orginization back to respectability with Buddys help. Thats when you can hire a good coach. No great young coach was comming here last off season.

We have to see what Buddy and Chan do in the off season. They are getting to evaluate all the talent and see what they have going forward. Practice and preseason are one thing, but when the bullets are flying you find out what you got.

They tried with Trent, if nothing else it was a good precedent for other players. the rest of the league saw what Chan and Buddy did. They gave him a shot and when it wasn't working out they let him go. Instead of buring him on the bench. He was able to find another team that might let him see the field. Players respect that. And they are not blind, they saw Trent not playing well.

So we are going to be tested. You can have some faith in the new Coaches or not. it is up to you.

Me? I have no choice. i love the Bills and always will. And i am not a blind loyalist. But i can not root for another team. And i love football!

With the Bills playing this bad, I can not watch other games, I can not watch Sportscenter, listen to radio sports talk, anything. I just tune out. I just feel like Buffalo has already left the league and the league is just no longer interesting to follow.

The hell we can't. What loyalty has RW shown us? Why should we reciprocate?

You really don't get it do you????

In these mega dollar days of the NFL where the money from local T.V. and corporate luxury suites and PSLs and rediculous ticket prices rule, Buffalo is a backwater hick town that just can not compete.

Ralph Wilson has kept HIS team in Buffalo because he made a promise to never leave ... granted the product on the field is second rate, I can't argue that ... but at least we Bills fans still have a product. He could have left for greener pastures just like the Browns of old, Raiders, Rams, Cards, Colts, Titans.

I propose Ralph HAS shown western NY loyalty by providing a local Football team for the last 50+ years ... now weather you choose to support that team is another matter. I think everybody understands a reluctance to spend hard earned money to attend the embaressment we call a Bills game, and no one would fault you for picking another team to root for on Sunday mornings ... But saying Ralph hasn't shown "loyalty" to the fans of WNY is just silly.

A few weeks back there was a post about Jim Kelly on a radio show out west. He said that this season is going to test us as Bills fans.

I agree. We can not leave our team. My wife like many of yours (or maybe your husbands), always asks why i can't like another team?

I tell her it is like why do you like blue not yellow or why you like dogs not cats. Its just bred into you.

Now i know we have an owner who has made very bad decisions. Heck since he hired Polian, i can not really think of one good one.

But we as fans have to support our team. We need to show the league that we love our team.

Not going to a game is not the answer. Not watching your team is not the answer. You have to stick in there during these tough times. This team will win again. And when they do, dont you want to be able to really celebrate it?

I think Chan and Buddy can put this team back on the right course. I do not think Chan can win a Super Bowl or even make a deep run in the playoffs. But i think he can get this orginization back to respectability with Buddys help. Thats when you can hire a good coach. No great young coach was comming here last off season.

We have to see what Buddy and Chan do in the off season. They are getting to evaluate all the talent and see what they have going forward. Practice and preseason are one thing, but when the bullets are flying you find out what you got.

They tried with Trent, if nothing else it was a good precedent for other players. the rest of the league saw what Chan and Buddy did. They gave him a shot and when it wasn't working out they let him go. Instead of buring him on the bench. He was able to find another team that might let him see the field. Players respect that. And they are not blind, they saw Trent not playing well.

So we are going to be tested. You can have some faith in the new Coaches or not. it is up to you.

Me? I have no choice. i love the Bills and always will. And i am not a blind loyalist. But i can not root for another team. And i love football!

great post. its almost harder having to listen to Bills fans, than it is watching the Bills play at this point.

everyone knew (or shouldve known) this was going to be a waste of a season. Nix said it himself, both directly and indirectly.

great post. its almost harder having to listen to Bills fans, than it is watching the Bills play at this point.

everyone knew (or shouldve known) this was going to be a waste of a season. Nix said it himself, both directly and indirectly.

^^ The best part, or the worst are the smug ones that sit there without a !@#$ing clue how anything really works...they just get smug about who "we coulda signed..." When the reality of the CBA sinks it, that will be Chan and Nix's fault, too.

The CBA is !@#$ing everything up, first and foremost it is holding us back, but don't bother taking the time to try and understand that...just make some !@#$ing asinine claims about what Nix has done, pine for Vick, eat your 6th bowl of Fruit Loops, and keep bitching. It's easier to B word that deal with reality anyway.

I don't B word because I'm less of a fan, I B word because, I am a fan....

That's fine, now just shut up.

Unless a disaster happens, I will never love another football team more than Buffalo. The Buffalo Bills have to stay in Buffalo.

My fan 'loyalty' is to the Buffalo Bills.

My father was a Bills fan in 1959, before the first game was played.

His great grandchildren are Bills fans.

It is the family tradition of loving football, tailgates, barbecues, training camp, and being together that makes us fans.

RW has kept the team in WNY and I can thank him for that.

It's like watching your kids work through the teen years. It's hard, but not a waste. There will many moments where you wonder if there's anything left in there that you once knew and appreciated. Just be patient, what comes out the other side is worth it!

Yeah, yeah, it's been a decade and puberty shouldn't take so long -- we just have a late blooming, slow learner of a teenage football organization!

In these mega dollar days of the NFL where the money from local T.V. and corporate luxury suites and PSLs and rediculous ticket prices rule, Buffalo is a backwater hick town that just can not compete.

Ralph Wilson has kept HIS team in Buffalo because he made a promise to never leave ... granted the product on the field is second rate, I can't argue that ... but at least we Bills fans still have a product. He could have left for greener pastures just like the Browns of old, Raiders, Rams, Cards, Colts, Titans.

No argument with what you're stating but in general, teams have relocated for either stadium/facility issues, attendance problems, or both; not explicitly because they could generate more revenue elsewhere. At present, the Bills have neither a stadium or attendance issue.

Surely the Houston market is much larger than Nashville yet the Oiler moved to Tenn and morphed into the Titans. Maybe someone else recalls, but why did the Oilers move out of the 4th or 5th largest US market to much smaller Nashville?

It's like watching your kids work through the teen years. It's hard, but not a waste. There will many moments where you wonder if there's anything left in there that you once knew and appreciated. Just be patient, what comes out the other side is worth it!

Yeah, yeah, it's been a decade and puberty shouldn't take so long -- we just have a late blooming, slow learner of a teenage football organization!

GREAT analogy! I just meant it was a waste as far as the fans are concerned. the team isnt taking us to the promise land just yet.

No argument with what you're stating but in general, teams have relocated for either stadium/facility issues, attendance problems, or both; not explicitly because they could generate more revenue elsewhere. At present, the Bills have neither a stadium or attendance issue.

Surely the Houston market is much larger than Nashville yet the Oiler moved to Tenn and morphed into the Titans. Maybe someone else recalls, but why did the Oilers move out of the 4th or 5th largest US market to much smaller Nashville?

The point I was trying to make with Joe-in-macungie was taht Wilson has shown loyalty to the fans of WNY by just keeping the team here ... and there are advantages that owners realize by moving the team ... it could be tax "credits", a new fancy new stadium (with more "luxury seating"), guarenteed sell outs or what ever ... the "new" city is always more than willing to sweeten the pot (for the owner) to move his team.

It's strictly my opinion that the only reason we are not the Arizona Bills (before the cards got there),St Louis Bills (before the Rams got there), The Baltimore Bills (after the Colts left), The Indy Bills (before the Colts got there), The Clevlend Bills (after the Browns left), The Baltimore Bills again (before the Ravens got there), the L.A. Bills (before the Raiders got there), the Oakland Bills (after the Raiders left), the L.A. Bills again (after the Raders left), the Nashville Bills (before the Titans got there), or the Houston Bills (after the oilers left) is that promise Ralph made to western N.Y.

You have a team to watch. He's philanthropic in the community. He speaks well of the city and it's people.

I understand your frustration. But Mr. Wilson could have moved that team years ago and made a lot more

money. He might not make good decisions, but the Buffalo Bills exist. I want more out of the team too,

but we have to keep things in perspective at the same time.

You have a team to watch. He's philanthropic in the community. He speaks well of the city and it's people.

I understand your frustration. But Mr. Wilson could have moved that team years ago and made a lot more

money. He might not make good decisions, but the Buffalo Bills exist. I want more out of the team too,

but we have to keep things in perspective at the same time.

Do you see the irony? Ralph kept his promise to keep the team in Buffalo (arguably, a poor business decision), and all these decades later, we should be thankful, but we can't be because of his poor decisions. Kind of like thanking a deadbeat, neglectful parent, just for bringing us into the world? :cry: