(OT) Anchor Bar, Buffalo special on Food Network.

PIZ

Are they the best wings in Buffalo? Some tidbits I found interesting are that people take shots of the suicide sauce. Bill Clinton once had secret service go and get him 200 wings for the White House. They sure looked good.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are THAT good. As for being the best in Buffalo I can't answer that. I don't live in Buffalo and have had wings in only a few different places in WNY. However, they are the best wings I have ever had. I had to see my father twice in Hamilton, Ont this summer(heart operation) and I flew into Buffalo both times. I was happy to see that they sell the Original Anchor Bar sauce at the airport. I picked up a 6 bottles both times to bring home. I know you can get it on the internet as well but its expensive as hell to ship it out here.

They are THAT good. As for being the best in Buffalo I can't answer that. I don't live in Buffalo and have had wings in only a few different places in WNY. However, they are the best wings I have ever had.  I had to see my father twice in Hamilton, Ont this summer(heart operation) and I flew into Buffalo both times. I was happy to see that they sell the Original Anchor Bar sauce at the airport. I picked up a 6 bottles both times to bring home. I know you can get it on the internet as well but its expensive as hell to ship it out here.

150420[/snapback]

I've never been to the Anchor Bar yet, but my favorite wings are currently from Duffs. Mmmm... I never had french fries with wings before, but it works (especially dipping the fries in hot sauce too). Tasty.

Thanks a lot for making me want wings again, and I have no idea when I'm getting back to WNY :doh:

CW

No. They are NOT that good. Really, honestly, people they are not, and if you think they are, I would loooove to actually make you some. First of all, they are too small. Duff's are alot better.

I am a fan of Pasquale's wings, but that is biased, as i have had them since i was little, and always have them when I am home, but they are very, very good. And the hot won't kill you like at Duffs.

But, if you havnt had wings in Buffalo, go to the Anchor bar so you can say you had some wings there, then go get some that are actually good at duffs.

I'd eat either.  I order the Anchor Bar sauce a couple times a year.

Wings outside WNY ain't quite right.

150482[/snapback]

Wings outside the area aren't that bad if you can find a place that cooks them properly and has a decent sauce. There's a couple places in Baltimore that have pretty decent sauce and cook their wings the right way.

As for the Anchor Bar, I do like their wings a lot. Duff's too.

No. They are NOT that good. Really, honestly, people they are not, and if you think they are, I would loooove to actually make you some. First of all, they are too small. Duff's are alot better.

I am a fan of Pasquale's wings, but that is biased, as i have had them since i was little, and always have them when I am home, but they are very, very good. And the hot won't kill you like at Duffs.

But, if you havnt had wings in Buffalo, go to the Anchor bar so you can say you had some wings there, then go get some that are actually good at duffs.

150493[/snapback]

From my college days in Buffalo (go Golden Griffs) I feel that Anchor Bar quality has gone down hill. Between the two...i choose Duff's over AB...Anchor wings size has decreased...last time i was at Duff's, Herm Edwards anfd the Jets staff were there...guess NFL recommends Duffs

Rich'n'Joisy's wings were excellent at the tailgate...

CW

150501[/snapback]

I'd love to try em! :doh:

See, alot of people jazz up their wings and whatnot, I am purely Franks and Margerine (and I don't use butter because it burns too easily). Some people add vinegar, garlic, even chili powder. But I just deep fry em (use CLEAN oil), NO BREADING, and then take em out, let em set for a minute of some paper towels. In a sauce pan, Frank's Red hot and margering till melted. Throw the wings in, toss. Into a 350 oven for 5 minutes, and then turn the broiler on for about 45 seconds. Oh man, I just made myself so frigging hungry.

Rich'n'Joisy's wings were excellent at the tailgate...

CW

150501[/snapback]

Amen to that! I've been fortunate enough to try them at the last two home opening tailgates and recently at "Bills Central", his house, for the Bills @ Patriots game. Good stuff!