Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

mary owen

This is it. I was packing my bags while you were out there getting it from all directions on that wet, nasty bed we used to call ours. I figured it was the best time to do it, because I knew you'd come home drunk and stinky after that disgusting display of disrespect for me. Although my eyes are both puffy and blackened, I am starting to already feel a huge weight lifting off of me. I thought I loved you, but I now know that that love has been a mirage for quite some time. I should have done this sooner, but at least I can say I gave it my best.

When I close the door behind me, I'll know you'll never be able to put your meat hooks on me again. You've given me no reason to believe in you again. Yet I was always there for you.....defending you to those who laughed at you and called you a loser. I listened to all those empty promises every April, only to be let down by October.

Why was I with you in the first place? Because I was born and raised in your neighborhood???!!! How silly is that? I felt like I had to stick by you.......like I was obligated to or something. Yes we had some great times over the years......dancing well into the final elimination round 4 years in a row once, but never winning it all.....because you fell over all drunk and sloppy when it really counted. I stuck by you. Then you did it to me again in Miami. Then again, in Nashville. And still, I stuck by your side.....for years.

You used to atleast dress nice. Now you continue to wear that hideous, obscene outfit regardless of everyone laughing at you. You must like seeing me embarrassed. Ironic, today you wore that suit that I really liked, but the real you showed that it's not about the clothes at all. The shiny wrapper is only there to tempt, but the candy bar inside is hard, dry and stale.

Where will I go? Not sure. But I can tell you this, there are some real nice candidates out there that would welcome me in and treat me with respect. They'd at least try. Unlike you. You treated me (and everyone else who ever stood by you) like a toilet. Sometimes, you never even bothered to flush. I hear about this one and that one, and even some that came from lower places than you, and are starting to show signs of promise.

I may start seeing that one in Philly. I lived there for a while as well, and I know the history there pretty well. Enough to trust them. I could go to Indiana and reunite with our old friends who took us to fun and exciting places only to have you ruin it all. Hey, but at least they got us there. But going with them would be too obvious.

I don't know. Maybe I will just play the field for a while. Enjoy the many that are out there.....yes.....today, after I packed and you were still out there shaming yourself, I visited a few of the others. They were all looking very distinguished and they tried and they showed how they invested in things for positive change......unlike you.

I know some will say don't let the door hit my a** on the way out, but I don't care what they think. I feel sorry for them as well. They will suffer more, and me, well, mine will be over. Maybe if they stopped supporting you like they did today....showing up in the usual numbers only to be let down like all the other times.

I would say I wish you well, which I do, but I think you may fade away before you ever clean up your act.

So long. It was more painful than it was ever fun. I'm putting an end to that.

Bye.

Edited by Arrogant Bastard

This is it. I was packing my bags while you were out there getting it from all directions on that wet, nasty bed we used to call ours. I figured it was the best time to do it, because I knew you'd come home drunk and stinky after that disgusting display of disrespect for me. Although my eyes are both puffy and blackened, I am starting to already feel a huge weight lifting off of me. I thought I loved you, but I now know that that love has been a mirage for quite some time. I should have done this sooner, but at least I can say I gave it my best.

When I close the door behind me, I'll know you'll never be able to put your meat hooks on me again. You've given me no reason to believe in you again. Yet I was always there for you.....defending you to those who laughed at you and called you a loser. I listened to all those empty promises every April, only to be let down by October.

Why was I with you in the first place? Because I was born and raised in your neighborhood???!!! How silly is that? I felt like I had to stick by you.......like I was obligated to or something. Yes we had some great times over the years......dancing well into the final elimination round 4 years in a row once, but never winning it all.....because you fell over all drunk and sloppy when it really counted. I stuck by you. Then you did it to me again in Miami. Then again, in Nashville. And still, I stuck by your side.....for years.

You used to atleast dress nice. Now you continue to wear that hideous, obscene outfit regardless of everyone laughing at you. You must like seeing me embarrassed. Ironic, today you wore that suit that I really liked, but the real you showed that it's not about the clothes at all. The shiny wrapper is only there to tempt, but the candy bar inside is hard, dry and stale.

Where will I go? Not sure. But I can tell you this, there are some real nice candidates out there that would welcome me in and treat me with respect. They'd at least try. Unlike you. You treated me (and everyone else who ever stood by you) like a toilet. Sometimes, you never even bothered to flush. I hear about this one and that one, and even some that came from lower places than you, and are starting to show signs of promise.

I may start seeing that one in Philly. I lived there for a while as well, and I know the history there pretty well. Enough to trust them. I could go to Indiana and reunite with our old friends who took us to fun and exciting places only to have you ruin it all. Hey, but at least they got us there. But going with them would be too obvious.

I don't know. Maybe I will just play the field for a while. Enjoy the many that are out there.....yes.....today, after I packed and you were still out there shaming yourself, I visited a few of the others. They were all looking very distinguished and they tried and they showed how they invested in things for positive change......unlike you.

I know some will say don't let the door hit my a** on the way out, but I don't care what they think. I feel sorry for them as well. They will suffer more, and me, well, mine will be over. Maybe if they stopped supporting you like they did today....showing up in the usual numbers only to be let down like all the other times.

I would say I wish you well, which I do, but I think you may fade away before you ever clean up your act.

Bye.

Yes, being a fan of a team playing badly and losing is not a fun time, yet you realize this is only a game don't you? That is of course, unless you're employed by the Bills, in which case....Get out !!!!

Edited by Spiderweb

Meh, would have been cooler to leave in silence... :thumbdown:

I typically support this thinking on bandwagon jumpers, but this was a clever eulogy from a battered 'spouse'. To the OP; you'll be welcomed back should this team ever turn it around to -at least- be competitive in the NFL.

Bye.

SEE YA PAL,DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA ON THA WAY OUT,THINK TWICE ABOUT JUMPIN BACK ON THA BANWAGON,PEACE.

Bye.

:thumbsup: Godspeed.

For us old timers, this is not the first time we have been put through this.

In many respects the current situation is worse than the ignominious past. The owner is now in his 90s. You don't get a sense that he is bothered by this fiasco of a team and organization he is responsible for. What happens if he hangs on for another decade or so? Does this franchise continue to wither? In my view, it is worse than anything the fans have been subjected to before.

When the owner is so insulated that he has no ability to be shamed and embarrassed by his solely owned organization then there is a scary reality that this franchise can sink further into irrelevance. Our archaic owner is living in the past while the business landscape continues to rapidly change. Everyone knows that this stubborn old man has no ability to cope and adjust to the new environment. This is a sad situation. So sad, very sad. :wallbash:

Edited by JohnC

Bye.

you'll be back.....

heartfelt and well written......no one who cares this much will quit.....take a break, lick your wounds.....and get your butt back here.

you'll be back.....

heartfelt and well written......no one who cares this much will quit.....take a break, lick your wounds.....and get your butt back here.

This is a super piece Belongs in the HOF of team eulogies. Although I like Chan's attitude and interview style, we are a lot further away than I ever thought. But after reading this, somehow I feel a little better. By golly I think you've healed yourself Arrogant Bastard. Welcome back.

I'm sure that morning coffee has inspired a fresh outlook. :thumbsup:

Edited by whodat

one is a fan through the good and bad, through the great and horrible, through the ravages of storms and the peacefulness of calm, and through the joy of victory and pain of defeat - one accepts those terms and conditions to be called a fan and to those who cannot are just fair-weather on-lookers (cannot even call them fair-weather fans - they do not deserve the label of fanhood).

Well written post. Brilliant in fact!

I also found the subsequent postings quite indicative of the declining level of rhetoric on this board. Surprise surprise that the people with a bunch of little buffaloes beneath their screen names actually read the post, while the new generation of mindless dimwits with all of 2 posts posted insightful things like "f u".

Well written post. Brilliant in fact!

I also found the subsequent postings quite indicative of the declining level of rhetoric on this board. Surprise surprise that the people with a bunch of little buffaloes beneath their screen names actually read the post, while the new generation of mindless dimwits with all of 2 posts posted insightful things like "f u".

Can't help but laugh at those who equate post count with insight.

After every embarrassing loss, we get a thread in which someone declares "I'm done with this team", or "I'll never spend another dime until [fill in hollow ultimatum]". Maybe people just tire of the "Look At Me!" posts?

Can't help but laugh at those who equate post count with insight.

After every embarrassing loss, we get a thread in which someone declares "I'm done with this team", or "I'll never spend another dime until [fill in hollow ultimatum]". Maybe people just tire of the "Look At Me!" posts?

Cutting!

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.