Vick admits he never watched game film with Falcons...

Big Turk

In an interview with his old coach, Jim Mora Jr., Michael Vick admitted he never watched any game film while with the Falcons, leaving the DVD's to pile up in his car. He basically played sandlot football every week in the NFL, yet was good enough that he went to 3 pro bowls. He then said going to prison was the best thing that ever happened to him, because it forced him to look at how he was living his life and decide that wasn't the way he wanted to live anymore. Guess it should be no surprise that his completion percentage is up to 60+ percent and he looks like an NFL QB back there now...he actually knows is going on now...

Just shows how other-worldly his athletic ability was, when he can not even prepare and still go out there and make plays, although he does look a whole lot better now taht he actually prepares properly...

Too bad the Bills didn't take the chance on him...

In an interview with his old coach, Jim Mora Jr., Michael Vick admitted he never watched any game film while with the Falcons, leaving the DVD's to pile up in his car. He basically played sandlot football every week in the NFL, yet was good enough that he went to 3 pro bowls. He then said going to prison was the best thing that ever happened to him, because it forced him to look at how he was living his life and decide that wasn't the way he wanted to live anymore. Guess it should be no surprise that his completion percentage is up to 60+ percent and he looks like an NFL QB back there now...he actually knows is going on now...

Just shows how other-worldly his athletic ability was, when he can not even prepare and still go out there and make plays, although he does look a whole lot better now taht he actually prepares properly...

Too bad the Bills didn't take the chance on him...

I don't think he would have worked out for the Bills he needed a good role model like McNabb to emulate and a good coach with a winning pedigree to instill that in him. Yeah I would still take Vick in a heart beat but I think it was just the right place and the right time for Vick the combination of going to prison and learning in the Eagles proven system made him into a much better QB.

If he was on the Bills he might not have been trained on how to watch or prepare in a winning system (Let alone have the talent around him that he does in Philly). Still Vick on any team could make plays and has a strong arm (And now we are finding out he has a decent amount of accuracy if he prepares right).

With his style of play there was not much he would have learned with film. He improvised everything he did. You can teach fundementals and technique but that will only get you so far. Natural talent and/or better technique will always win. You can only go so far on talent, strength, and endurance before talent comes out. That is what seperates the 1% that is professional from the rest of the world.

With his style of play there was not much he would have learned with film. He improvised everything he did. You can teach fundementals and technique but that will only get you so far. Natural talent and/or better technique will always win. You can only go so far on talent, strength, and endurance before talent comes out. That is what seperates the 1% that is professional from the rest of the world.

To say film study doesn't help his style is just silly. To know a defenses tendencies ALWAYS helps. knowing a move a guy bites on, who overpersues, who drops coverage quick when they think the qb will scramble, where/who is the spy... Yes being a better athlete can overcome, yes instincts can be huge, but imagine if he refined those instincts daily instead of just by trial and error on Sunday.

Don't bet on it. Apparently, his entire fan club posts here. :sick:

Definitely not a fan of who he is/was, but will wonder what he could have been.

I don't believe anything he says. I'm sure he watched film at the facility with coaches, but didn't watch it at home. He is really just trying to distance himself from his past, letting us know how much he has grown.

Groan.

I agree 100% This sounds like BS. Film study isn't "homework". The best QBs (Manning, Brady) do endless film on their own also, but every QB attends meetings all week where they review film.

Vick is lame.

(I believe the great Jason Peters also had another of his stellar, penalty-filled games :lol: )

I was at the game. Peters had 2 key holding calls (that I remember). 1 flat out killed a drive. He was beat a few other times and missed a block on a run. Of course there were a few plays where he dominated when he put his mind to it....typical Peter game...flashes of brilliance and flashes of apathy.

I agree 100% This sounds like BS. Film study isn't "homework". The best QBs (Manning, Brady) do endless film on their own also, but every QB attends meetings all week where they review film.

Vick is lame.

Its better he is watching film at home instead of fighting dogs. I for one think Vick has changed not just by this video but from the post game interviews i have heard. He seems more humble, quiet and focused on life. I can get over his past. I hope for only good things for the guy, its a shame he got hurt on sunday.

Its better he is watching film at home instead of fighting dogs. I for one think Vick has changed not just by this video but from the post game interviews i have heard. He seems more humble, quiet and focused on life. I can get over his past. I hope for only good things for the guy, its a shame he got hurt on sunday.

He is very talented. Yes, he can now concentrate on football instead of rushing home to beat, electrocute, and/or bury dogs. That's good. Thing is, that kind of behavior is psychopathic, and that doesn't go away. He will get into more trouble someday. Right now he might be shielded from authorities, but he can't help himself. I believe he has paid for the crimes we know about, and should be allowed to play in the NFL, I just don't believe he has learned any lessons.

I would never want him on the Bills.