Moats to OLB

dgrid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they hadn't wasted their time trying to put him at ILB anyways, but I'm glad they've seen the light. Let that man rush the passer!

Maybe the work at ILB will help his run D skills, as I think he was mainly a "get after the passer" DE in college. Would be a great story if this works out, at least for Moats...

Sometimes the Bills front office fails (at its peril) to listen to the Most Interesting Man In the World:

"Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, and then don't do that thing."

Why the Bills seem intent on screwing around with Maybin and Moats, who knows. These guys were successful in college with one mission in mind, get at the QB at all costs. Why not let them run around the field and do it? Especially, in Moats' case.

Put Moats in the four point, and take Maybin out of the four point. Right now, the Bills have it backwards.

Maybe the work at ILB will help his run D skills, as I think he was mainly a "get after the passer" DE in college. Would be a great story if this works out, at least for Moats...

Moats success translates to Buffalo success. I'm going with baseless optimism and think Moats is going to be a real good player for years to come with the Bills. :thumbsup:

This guy is 5x the talent Maybin is.

Maybin has an amazing burst from the line....problem is, that is all he has. He's undersized, his center of gravity is too high, his lateral movement is lacking, his IQ is dangerously close to his jersey number.

Moats is built like a football player, stout and with a low center of gravity. His burst is similar to Maybin, but he is strong enough to shed blockers on the move. He seems to have instincts in rushing the passer like a good RB does for hitting a hole. He's a good egg. He probably could have been a trooper and slowly come along inside, but it is crazy not to let him play where he belongs.

If this kid isn't a football player, I'll go bang Irv Weinstien.

Another testament to Gailey's repuatation as a coach who will create scenarios based on the talent and skill the particular player brings.

Gotta love it!

Best wishes, Arthur!

Gailey wanted to move him outside earlier, but injuries on the inside postponed that.

I agree, I think he gets a sack and puts pressure on the QB a couple of times. The guy is a hard worker and unlike Maybin, he knows how to play football. I hope he has a good game and can stick in the lineup.

:wallbash:

If there is ANYTHING people cannot get down on Maybin for, it is his work ethic.

As far as not knowing how to play football...yeah, he didnt play at Penn State or get drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft.

Moats on the other hand, has looked JUST as lost as Maybin...played at James Madison (WHO?) and went in what, the 6th round?

finally. i liked him in preseason. he can pass rush. this is a great move.

i like jackie chan. that's a cool name.

chan please dont let me change your name to chan girlie. please dont do it to yourself jackie chan!

I think Forest Gump could run this team better

that was funny.

actually i think someone with no ears, no eyes, no feet, no @ss, and no brain would do better.

Really? I would be surprised if he touches the field for anything other than special teams. He likely goes behind Antonio Coleman on the OLB depth chart to start. I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive. Not to say I don't like him as a player and think he has a decent future, just not this week, and probably not next.

Don't let reality get in the way, his next stop is Honolulu.

Gailey wanted to move him outside earlier, but injuries on the inside postponed that.

You sure? We just released a guy that was playing inside?

I will agree that he looks like an OLB in a 3-4 and I sure hope he develops into something. He need to find a late round gem to speed up the rebuild.

Edited by Bob in STL