Terrelle Pryor

cmjoyce113

I wonder what some people would think of Terrelle Pryor being an option for next year if he enters the draft? This is under the assumption that Locker continues to plummet and Mallet and Luck are off the board. I think it might be a good fit for Gailey. In my opinion if we had a very mobile QB with a strong arm in combination with the speed receivers we have and the running backs we have I think that could be a lot for a defense to handle. Maybe I am crazy but I really think that Pryor might be a good fit.

I guess the biggest questions is does anyone know if he is planning on entering the draft?

I agree that pryor seems like a gailey qb. I would imagine there are several osu fans that can speak on his strengths and weaknesses. Definately another qb for the bills to keep an eye on imo

I agree that pryor seems like a gailey qb. I would imagine there are several osu fans that can speak on his strengths and weaknesses. Definately another qb for the bills to keep an eye on imo

I agree that pryor seems like a gailey qb. I would imagine there are several osu fans that can speak on his strengths and weaknesses.

I can give you a brief synopsis of what some fairly knowledgeable OSU fans think:

> He's a coward

> He can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside

> He's dumber than a chicken

> He's the weakest link on the OSU squad and as smart as Tressel is, even he can't protect him from himself.

I'm not an OSU fan but I've seen a fair amount of him and to me he looks like a more nervous and less observant JP Losman. :sick:

I agree but at this point he is not even listed in the top 100 draft prospects

(maybe it's just because he hasn't declared that he would come out in 2011 draft...too early)

so possibly he would be available in the third round.

Rd 1: Mallett

Rd 2: OT ???

Rd 3: Pryor

maybe trade back into the second and get some type of pass rushing LB or DE

its sucks that we're only 3 games into the season and already looking to next year :oops:

with any luck the line will come together, a #2 receiver will emerge, and someone steps up in the pass rush dept.

hopefully we are a one franchise qb, ot, and lb away from being competetive next year. (could be done in one draft assuming we pick correctly)

I can give you a brief synopsis of what some fairly knowledgeable OSU fans think:

> He's a coward

> He's the weakest link on the OSU squad and as smart as Tressel is, even he can't protect him from himself.

I'm not an OSU fan but I've seen a fair amount of him and to me he looks like a more nervous and less observant JP Losman. :sick:

Not even. Terrelle Pryor. 6 foot 6 240 pounds. Has reputedly ran a 4.48 40. Operates out of a pro style attack. Has never completed less than 56 percent of his passes in a season. Incredible arm strength.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84064&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

All's I know is I traveled to Columbus last week for my job and stayed in a hotel not far from the stadium . Wow you talk about some ate up fans !! EVERYBODY !!! was wearing Ohio State colors from babies to Grand ma's .

I got into a conversation with one of the guys working the desk at the hotel , it started out about how many OSU players the Bills have had past and present . (he also forgave me cause i was wearing my UT Vols hoody)

But the conversation turned to QB'S & Pryor's name came up. This guy told me point blank that as a football player every one in town liked him but as a person he was the BIGGEST JERK that ever put on a OSU jersey.

He told me that he thinks he is the biggest & the best thing that god put on the planet as far as football goes. :worthy:

I don't know about you all , as far as the NFL is concerned i know there are some pretty good sized ego's because the NFL is the best of the best but put it on the field and not out for the public to see how big of an ass you can be !!!!

Cause there's always some body just a little bit bigger & a little bit better than what you think you are !!! With that being said i would just a soon the Bills look else where !!! :thumbdown:

First of all unless he improves dramatically I dopubt he comes out after his junior year. I just don't see him being a first round guy. That being said I can't believe Vince Young was taken in the first round. Pryor may throw a bit better than Young and has had better coaching. I don't think he is as much of a "gamer" as Young was and perhaps still is to some degree. I can't quantify that but Young seemed to carry Texas on his back. Pryor is doing well at OSU but in all honesty it is the defense that produces short fields for Pryor to work with that allows him to succeed.

I wonder what some people would think of Terrelle Pryor being an option for next year if he enters the draft? This is under the assumption that Locker continues to plummet and Mallet and Luck are off the board.

No one is off the board when picking first overall!! :thumbsup:

Ohio St. doesn't develop pro-quality quarterbacks under Tressel. Their system is so vanilla, so simplistic it's nearly unbearable to watch. I remember Columbus residents irately declaring Troy Smith the best thing since sliced bread and that the non-nothings of the NFL would soon learn he deserved to be a first round pick.

How'd that turn out?

Pryor is absolutely nothing special. He's not a gifted athlete. With his measurables, he should be in the Heisman race and being talked about as coming out early, but he's not. Vince Young showed poise and leadership at Texas, Pryor's shown neither.

All's I know is I traveled to Columbus last week for my job and stayed in a hotel not far from the stadium . Wow you talk about some ate up fans !! EVERYBODY !!! was wearing Ohio State colors from babies to Grand ma's .

I got into a conversation with one of the guys working the desk at the hotel , it started out about how many OSU players the Bills have had past and present . (he also forgave me cause i was wearing my UT Vols hoody)

But the conversation turned to QB'S & Pryor's name came up. This guy told me point blank that as a football player every one in town liked him but as a person he was the BIGGEST JERK that ever put on a OSU jersey.

He told me that he thinks he is the biggest & the best thing that god put on the planet as far as football goes. :worthy:

I don't know about you all , as far as the NFL is concerned i know there are some pretty good sized ego's because the NFL is the best of the best but put it on the field and not out for the public to see how big of an ass you can be !!!!

Cause there's always some body just a little bit bigger & a little bit better than what you think you are !!! With that being said i would just a soon the Bills look else where !!! :thumbdown:

Mallett is also getting a bad rep for his personal behavoir.

Ohio St. doesn't develop pro-quality quarterbacks under Tressel. Their system is so vanilla, so simplistic it's nearly unbearable to watch. I remember Columbus residents irately declaring Troy Smith the best thing since sliced bread and that the non-nothings of the NFL would soon learn he deserved to be a first round pick.

How'd that turn out?

Pryor is absolutely nothing special. He's not a gifted athlete. With his measurables, he should be in the Heisman race and being talked about as coming out early, but he's not. Vince Young showed poise and leadership at Texas, Pryor's shown neither.

Should be in the heisman race

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/56863

Not a gifted athlete?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9naRrJ_f0&feature=related

As to the offensive system,it's conservative, however it's still more complex than floridas was with Tebow.

> He's a coward

So, you're saying drafting him would be a bad idea? :D

Interesting topic.

I have a friend who loves Ohio St. but HATES Ohio St. QB's. Pryor he's okay with. Here's his theory:

1) The Bills will never draft a QB with a top 5 pick unless the rookie salaries are changed. Too much guaranteed money---QB's always get more than position players. The Bills would draft a stud OT or even the "next" Ray Lewis before a QB.

2) The Bills have never had a supreme athletic QB, maybe Flutie would count to some. But they've tried the classic pocket-passers and guys with decent mobility. Never a guy in the Mike Vick or Pryor mold .

3) Draft a guy like Pryor (or Denard Robinson of Michigan, if he were only a junior) in the late 1st through 3rd rounds and create an offense to his talents. Think of Evans, Parrish, Spiller, Lynch and/or Jackson, and if Nelson comes around at TE.

Sorry, long winded but I find myself agreeing on some points. If a top draft QB is going to get $50 million without playing a down, I can't see Ralph writing that check.

Interesting topic.

I have a friend who loves Ohio St. but HATES Ohio St. QB's. Pryor he's okay with. Here's his theory:

1) The Bills will never draft a QB with a top 5 pick unless the rookie salaries are changed. Too much guaranteed money---QB's always get more than position players. The Bills would draft a stud OT or even the "next" Ray Lewis before a QB.

2) The Bills have never had a supreme athletic QB, maybe Flutie would count to some. But they've tried the classic pocket-passers and guys with decent mobility. Never a guy in the Mike Vick or Pryor mold .

3) Draft a guy like Pryor (or Denard Robinson of Michigan, if he were only a junior) in the late 1st through 3rd rounds and create an offense to his talents. Think of Evans, Parrish, Spiller, Lynch and/or Jackson, and if Nelson comes around at TE.

Sorry, long winded but I find myself agreeing on some points. If a top draft QB is going to get $50 million without playing a down, I can't see Ralph writing that check.

Is this a ralph's cheap post? :devil:

I wonder what some people would think of Terrelle Pryor being an option for next year if he enters the draft? This is under the assumption that Locker continues to plummet and Mallet and Luck are off the board. I think it might be a good fit for Gailey. In my opinion if we had a very mobile QB with a strong arm in combination with the speed receivers we have and the running backs we have I think that could be a lot for a defense to handle. Maybe I am crazy but I really think that Pryor might be a good fit.

I guess the biggest questions is does anyone know if he is planning on entering the draft?

I'd LOVE him in the early 2nd round - kind of like taking Drew Brees that early. he is a big 10 qb (Brady, Orton, Brees, Henne, etc) which means he can play in bad weather (unlike um SoCal boys). I'd love to get an OL or a stud LB in round 1 and pick him up in round 2.

but he hasn't spoken at all about entering the draft.

Pryor is not an NFL QB...Ohio State produces some good players, but not QBs.

I wouldnt mind it, not everyone is sold on him but without an offensive line I dont really see the Bills protecting Mallot. Atleast in the next few seasons when we are rebuilding a line we would have a QB that can actually move his feet to avoid the sack. Didnt everyone say the same thing about Vick when he first came to the league, nice arm, not that accurate, can run like heck. Pryor holds 4 of the 5 200 yrd passing + 100 yard rushing games in Ohio St school history. With Spiller and whatever other back that is still around we could make an amazing split back formation.

Edited by Justo2203

He's from Ohio St. - stay away - bust material!!! Oh and by the way - Go Blue!

Go Blow!! i mean blue,my bad. Mich dude is right,stay away from Pryor.if i hear Pryors name for the Bills it may be "head in the oven" time.i would take Troy Smith any day. not Pryor.

Geesh, must be a Dayton fan.... :thumbdown:

ouch. why r ya hating on Dayton? massive job loss, expanses of unused,& run down buildings. coupled with horrible inner city schools. Oh yea,i almost forgot, we have big fountains in the river. whats not to like?