The Reason Lynch Has Been The Featured RB The Last 2 Weeks

As a young, rebuilding team, the Buffalo Bills do not need 3 potential #1 running backs. Like the saying "to many cooks in the kitchen". I think the brain trusts realizes this as well. Marshawn is the odd man out and since he didn't play much last year and was injured the Bills are showcasing him to teams basically promoting he still has the ability to be a #1 back.

As weeks go by and teams like the Green Bay packers realize that defenses are noticing how one dimensional they are without a running attack, they will realize the value in picking up a player in the likes of Marshawn Lynch. 2nd and 3rd. 3rd and a player and I would be all over it.

Everybody has to realize the Bills are building for the future. 3 RB's is a waste and offers no value to this team. I have confidence in Gailey et al it will be a done deal and he will traded within the upcoming week(s) before the deadline. Its the only move that makes sense.

GO BILLS!

When are people going to realize that Lynch is starting because he is the better every down back!?!?!?!?!? Seriously these incessant fan generated trade rumors are really annoying. How many times does the front office need to tell you he is not being traded. I know sometimes that is a smoke screen but Buddy and Chan have pretty much done everything they said they were going to do personnel wise. That even includes drafting a play maker at RB in Spiller, keeping the crap we had at QB and not addressing the LT position.

People need to get this notion out of their head that Fred is a better back. Fred is a DAMN GOOD back but Marshawn is the better of the 2. It's almost not even right to compare them as they are somewhat different backs. Marshawn is the every down pound the **** out of you get some big gains here and there RB. Spiller is the incredibly dynamic but young change of pace "offensive weapon" back. Spiller is the new improved and more athletic version of Fred Jackson. FRED JACKSON IS THE ODD MAN OUT!!! Why people can't see that he is the guy they can do without at 30 is beyond me.

Actually it's not beyond me. People still hate on Marshawn for his off field stupidity instead or recognizing his on field talents. Sorry fellas Fred's character off the field doesn't score points on it.

Edited by PDaDdy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching Lynch run this year he is playing with some heart... Which was gone last year... AND I'd rather we keep Lynch. The problem is we have ot extend him to keep him and I do not trust is off field problems

after watching Lynch run this year he is playing with some heart... Which was gone last year... AND I'd rather we keep Lynch. The problem is we have ot extend him to keep him and I do not trust is off field problems

He signed a 6 year deal in 2007. why do we have to extend him and where are people getting this ?

I actually think the Bills are very much trying right now not to showcase FJ for that reason.

Marshawn is running well now, but he's ultimately a dancer. Jackson runs downhill. He's the better back.

Calling Marshawn a "dancer"?? I have to stop reading these posts. They're driving me crazy. You don't trade your most complete RB unless you get real value for him. Your terms, not theirs. My guess is...no trade.

He signed a 6 year deal in 2007. why do we have to extend him and where are people getting this ?

No clue man. People make **** up all the time. Lynch ran ok last year seeing as how me missed all that time and was demoted to watch Freddy score a grand total of 2 rushing TDs all year as the starting RB.

Our line believe it or not was actually worse last year. We know that Fred is a better cut back runner. When there aren't any holes I would rather have him in there to improvise and get what he can. When there IS a whole beast mode is in full effect and woe be tied to those who would get in Marshawn's way. If either have a small hole and you need short yardage they run hard. In those situations Lynch runs just a bit harder and is more difficult to bring down.

Calling Marshawn a "dancer"?? I have to stop reading these posts. They're driving me crazy. You don't trade your most complete RB unless you get real value for him. Your terms, not theirs. My guess is...no trade.

Exactly. These guys have no clue. When there is no hole to run through they call him a dancer. Freddy is better at bouncing outside but if you have an actual line that can open a hole Marshawn is the man.

Haha. Yeah, I called him a "dancer." He should be on "Dancing with the Stars," in fact.

Even when he has a huge hole, he tries to dance in it, instead of running through it. He needs to realize that he is a bruising RB. One cut, hit the hole, lower your shoulder. Instead, he thinks he can juke and jive; I've never seen the guy successfully juke anyone before.

I will give him credit though; he's run well the last two weeks; but you can still see the dancer in him.

Its not as black and white as you might think. After last year, a rational look at the running back position would conclude he was not our best running back for a variety of reasons. I would conclude Marshawn is "similarly good" to Spiller and Jackson with Spiller having the highest talent ceiling and Jackson being the most consistent RB of the trio.

The attributes Marshawn has that I don't see in the other running backs is that he is the hardest/toughest running back to tackle however his running style also comes with trade-offs. First off, Marshawn is not a patient runner who waits to attack the line of scrimmage. It is just attack the line, stutter to the left, right or backwards and use my strength to get a few a yards. Jackson on the other hand is patient, waits for the play to develop and attacks. Neither RB have a distinct advantage over one another when it comes to speed, our playing in the passing game out of the backfield. If we did not have a young stud in Spiller than I would look at Marshawns youth as more of advantage when analyzing this situation

We don't need another young back to complement Spiller, we need the most consistent RB both on and off the field to complement Spiller. Jackson is solid. Marshawns youth as well as prowl bowl selections give better credentials as trade bait even though I would rate the talent level of Jackson and Lynch pretty much as equals, giving an advantage to Jackson considering the off the field shenanigans of Lynch.

If you read the fan reaction and media in Green Bay, they are desperately crying out for a RB. Green Bay also realizes with their poor offensive line they can't rely solely on their passing game and Aaron Rodgers. He will get killed. Marshawn is the perfect fit and everyone realizes this. Dealing him to a team like Green Bay that is out of the conference is the perfect situation for the future of this football team. Hopefully we can get some picks, offensive lineman or linebacker and/or a combination of both.

Nice posting with you 12 15 11 7 10 11 7 5 14.

Cheers! and GO BILLS!

I don't want to see Lynch traded, but you raise some good points. BUT after saying GB has a poor offensive line you say dealing Lynch to a team like GB would be good and mention getting offensive linemen in return. You don't mean getting offensive linemen from GB do you? If we deal with GB we should focus on getting one of their linebackers.

Edited by purple haze

Haha. Yeah, I called him a "dancer." He should be on "Dancing with the Stars," in fact.

Even when he has a huge hole, he tries to dance in it, instead of running through it. He needs to realize that he is a bruising RB. One cut, hit the hole, lower your shoulder. Instead, he thinks he can juke and jive; I've never seen the guy successfully juke anyone before.

I will give him credit though; he's run well the last two weeks; but you can still see the dancer in him.

Riiiiight. He danced his way to 6.1 yards per carry on 13 for 79. He danced his way to becoming one of the toughest running RBs in the NFL. Maybe he should just run into the back of his own linemen when the hole isn't there so clowns wouldn't call him a dancer. As I have stated many times before when the O-line can't do it's job Freddy is a better cut back runner. I suppose you don't think our O-line play affects the running styles of a RB?

No clue man. People make **** up all the time. Lynch ran ok last year seeing as how me missed all that time and was demoted to watch Freddy score a grand total of 2 rushing TDs all year as the starting RB.

Our line believe it or not was actually worse last year. We know that Fred is a better cut back runner. When there aren't any holes I would rather have him in there to improvise and get what he can. When there IS a whole beast mode is in full effect and woe be tied to those who would get in Marshawn's way. If either have a small hole and you need short yardage they run hard. In those situations Lynch runs just a bit harder and is more difficult to bring down.

Exactly. These guys have no clue. When there is no hole to run through they call him a dancer. Freddy is better at bouncing outside but if you have an actual line that can open a hole Marshawn is the man.

Sal from the Roch D&C keeps saying this too in his articles and twitter. I asked him directly about this but he hasnt replied. I think hes just making it up to support his point he wants him gone.

Sal from the Roch D&C keeps saying this too in his articles and twitter. I asked him directly about this but he hasnt replied. I think hes just making it up to support his point he wants him gone.

I have only and will only ever be a Buffalo Bills fan but does this happen with other teams? Why people keep wanting to get rid of our best players because they are a little rough around the edges or want to be compensated at market value is beyond me. If this board is typical of the average Bills fan no wonder we have been mediocre for years.

I have beat this drum but some don't seem to get it. You make a team better by acquiring talent not trading it away just to trade it. Has our history shown us nothing if not give us a draft pick and we will screw it up?? Maybin, Whitner, McCargo, Edwards etc.

You are correct sir. It's funny how upset people get defending Lynch.

I would like him on the team myself and I think he is about equal to Freddie...maybe a hair better overall... but NOBODY can argue that Lynch doesn't dance to the hole quite frequently. All you gotta do is watch.

You are correct sir. It's funny how upset people get defending Lynch.

I would like him on the team myself and I think he is about equal to Freddie...maybe a hair better overall... but NOBODY can argue that Lynch doesn't dance to the hole quite frequently. All you gotta do is watch.

What's funny is people attacking one of the few bright spots on the team. I think you get a lot of people upset who defend Lynch because it's obvious the "attackers" are incredibly biased by his off field issues to the point of ignoring on field effectiveness.

There is a difference between putting on moves and dancing. Lynch has moves. He tries to make people miss. Admittedly sometimes he tries too hard. He is more than JUST a pound the **** out of you running back. He can do that no problem but he is more. He is also trying to get first downs. I think I'll let his performance and 6.1 yds per carry speak for itself.

That being said. Fred is an even more decisive RB. That is to Jackson's credit not Lynch's detriment. Hey it's America, you can talk about whatever you want but it's sad when people have to be negative about some of the FEW things that are actually positives on this team.

Edited by PDaDdy

I am not sure why all the love for Spillers play. I think in the first 3 games he has been the least productive back. I know he has 2 TD's, That was a great return, but the screen was avg. But who are we to start critsizing points. His pass blocking is god awful, he is not only not good, but a liability. Yes he has tremendous upside, and the ability to break one, but he also seems to lose yards, and be a step behind the play, even when running. HE is not up to speed. It is early in his career, I like the kid and the possibilities with him on the team, but he is NOT an everydown back, at least not yet, not even close. Lynch right now is playing like the best back on the team, regardless of skill set or depth chart, right now he is best, and spiller is at the bottom. Fred does well but at his age he could lose a step or two literally any game now.

You have no clue! He doesn't hold a candle to Fred Jackson, and Spiller is gaining on Lynch after a couple of games. The only time that he gains any yards, are when he has a hole, you could drive a truck through. He waddles back and forth, even when he's in the open field and he doesn't need to fake anyone out. Fred Jackson beat him out fair and square as a D-3 player and Marshawn a 1st round pick out of a Major D-1 School. Marshawn had every opportunity to be the man, and obviously never lived up to his billing. Hopefully you were just kidding when you made that statement.

WTF are you talking about??? Have you even watched him play this year? Can't run unless he has holes you can drive a truck through??? If that were true he wouldnt be starting nor would he be getting the yards after contact.... before you start calling out people to get a clue you need to get one yourself there smokey

I am not sure why all the love for Spillers play. I think in the first 3 games he has been the least productive back. I know he has 2 TD's, That was a great return, but the screen was avg. But who are we to start critsizing points. His pass blocking is god awful, he is not only not good, but a liability. Yes he has tremendous upside, and the ability to break one, but he also seems to lose yards, and be a step behind the play, even when running. HE is not up to speed. It is early in his career, I like the kid and the possibilities with him on the team, but he is NOT an everydown back, at least not yet, not even close. Lynch right now is playing like the best back on the team, regardless of skill set or depth chart, right now he is best, and spiller is at the bottom. Fred does well but at his age he could lose a step or two literally any game now.

I don't know that it is love but those were two great plays wouldn't you say? Sure the kid is young. Sure he needs work on his blocking. It's better than you give him credit for but he is a rookie. He missed an assignment on Sunday and let a guy up the middle but that is correctable. The guy is an offensive weapon and home run hitter you don't keep him off the field because he is only an adequate, willing blocker in training. How is the kid supposed to get better? I don't know that other than a small handful of guys that there are truly any "every down" backs anymore.

I think the RBs all have their niche so I just don't quite understand why people are so incredibly hung up on trying to rank them.

WTF are you talking about??? Have you even watched him play this year? Can't run unless he has holes you can drive a truck through??? If that were true he wouldnt be starting nor would he be getting the yards after contact.... before you start calling out people to get a clue you need to get one yourself there smokey

WHAT HE SAID!!! Some guys just have no clue. Right on man.

I have only and will only ever be a Buffalo Bills fan but does this happen with other teams? Why people keep wanting to get rid of our best players because they are a little rough around the edges or want to be compensated at market value is beyond me. If this board is typical of the average Bills fan no wonder we have been mediocre for years.

I have beat this drum but some don't seem to get it. You make a team better by acquiring talent not trading it away just to trade it. Has our history shown us nothing if not give us a draft pick and we will screw it up?? Maybin, Whitner, McCargo, Edwards etc.

Next time that you know that the fans are going to suit up and play, could you let me know, I wouldn't

want to miss that.

Edited by Cookiemonster

I don't see how you can clearly say Marshawn is the best back on this team and say he has been playing well. If what Marshawn has done these first 3 games are indications of a great running back then peoples standards are pretty low.

I would take him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a heart beat.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Next time that you know that the fans are going to suit up and play, could you let me know, I wouldn't

want to miss that.

It's called "Replacement Players". Get ready to watch the fans play, should there be a lockout. It's funny for 10 minutes, like Professional Wrestling. After that, it gets old very quickly.