Buffalo will NOT make the playoffs

Rubes

Not really. They were doing the 2 minute drill thing, trying to keep it to one-word answers (which is probably best for them, since that might be taxing their brains a bit too much).

Suzie first asked if Carolina would make it, they all said yes. Then Buffalo, and they all said no.

Sounds like Tom Jackson likes where we're headed for next year, and Irvin likes McGahee.

Not really. They were doing the 2 minute drill thing, trying to keep it to one-word answers (which is probably best for them, since that might be taxing their brains a bit too much).

Suzie first asked if Carolina would make it, they all said yes. Then Buffalo, and they all said no.

Sounds like... Irvin likes McGahee.

149565[/snapback]

Shall we call for the evening canopy please?

Have they been seen picking out furniture? :doh:

I don't really see us making the playoffs , but I am-

1) very pleased with the team's progress after an 0-4 start and possible 9-7(atleast) record and....

2) Still hopeful as we are not mathematically eliminated.

Apparently nobody over at ESPN can do math. Bills are one game out of the 6th playoff spot with four games left. Cleveland and SF are as close to sure wins as you can get. That leaves two wins. The Cincinnati game will be a hell of a game and if the Bills keep playing the way they have been for the last three games, it is very possible that they could win. Pittsburgh looked pretty even with Jacksonville last night. Go ahead and say Buffalo can't win against Pittsburgh. I say they can. January 2nd in Ralph Wilson Stadium with a playoff spot on the line??? BRING IT. Everbody says the Bills won't make the playoffs, I say they will. Those corporate shills at ESPN are still drooling over Parcells and the Cowboys, Gibbs and the Redskins, Tampa Bay, Carolina and every other has-been player and team that they can find. Bills aren't getting any respect and that's just fine with me.

Same question was asked this afternoon on ESPNEWS - Ditka had Denver as his #6 seed, but Eric Allen actually picked Buffalo to make it.

Unfortunately, Ditka has a better chance of being right. (Just look at Denver's sked the rest of the way.) But hey, you never know.....

Same question was asked this afternoon on ESPNEWS - Ditka had Denver as his #6 seed, but Eric Allen actually picked Buffalo to make it.

Unfortunately, Ditka has a better chance of being right. (Just look at Denver's sked the rest of the way.) But hey, you never know.....

149750[/snapback]

I don't think that at KC and Indy will be wins for them.

I don't think that at KC and Indy will be wins for them.

149756[/snapback]

I'd agree with Indy, unless the Colts are locked into their playoff seed and resting starters at that point. The Chiefs aren't as dominant at home as they used to be, though.

I'd agree with Indy, unless the Colts are locked into their playoff seed and resting starters at that point. The Chiefs aren't as dominant at home as they used to be, though.

149766[/snapback]

True on both accounts. Although I think the Chefs would like nothing more than to ruin the Broncos' playoff chances, and they still have a good offense.

1) very pleased with the team's progress after an 0-4 start and possible 9-7(atleast) record and....

149607[/snapback]

My sentiments exaclty man. B)

Apparently nobody over at ESPN can do math. Bills are one game out of the 6th playoff spot with four games left. Cleveland and SF are as close to sure wins as you can get. That leaves two wins. The Cincinnati game will be a hell of a game and if the Bills keep playing the way they have been for the last three games, it is very possible that they could win. Pittsburgh looked pretty even with Jacksonville last night. Go ahead and say Buffalo can't win against Pittsburgh. I say they can. January 2nd in Ralph Wilson Stadium with a playoff spot on the line??? BRING IT. Everbody says the Bills won't make the playoffs, I say they will. Those corporate shills at ESPN are still drooling over Parcells and the Cowboys, Gibbs and the Redskins, Tampa Bay, Carolina and every other has-been player and team that they can find. Bills aren't getting any respect and that's just fine with me.

149741[/snapback]

Well, it really *is* two games because of the losses to Jacksonville and Baltimore. The Bills have to hop over both of them to get in and having a 10-6 record along with either of those teams does us no good. I can still hear myself screaming "KNOCK IT DOWN!!!!"....

Yeah, I'm tired of the love-fest for Parcells and Gibbs, also, but they have to give props to Carolina right now. Talk about not giving up?? The Panthers were 1-7 a month ago. 1-7!!!!! Just like the Bills, the Panthers are on a nice winning streak and playing well along the way. In the NFC, the ESPN guys have every right to think Carolina will make it. Hell, if the Eli Manning-led Giants and the Vinny-led Cowboys can have a shot, why not Carolina?

...at least according to the three stooges on Monday NFL Countdown.

Tom Jackson, Michael Irvin, and Ron Jaworski.

149557[/snapback]

And thet are right. But this team at least made me happy again. What good is it to play a wild-card game and be destroyed by Indy?

And thet are right. But this team at least made me happy again. What good is it to play a wild-card game and be destroyed by Indy?

150102[/snapback]

If the Bills made it, that would mean they are heading into Indy as the hottest team in the league. Indy would not be happy to see the Bills coming into town.

And the Bills match up favoribly with Indy. It wouldn't be a destruction. In fact if anyteam (outside of NE) has a chance to beat Indy in Indy it's the Bills at the moment.

I think it is easy to say the Bills will be on the outside looking in. One loss aand we are done, so it is not surprising to me to hear ESPN echo those sentiments. Outside of Boomer, they probably haven't even seen them play (minus the primetime embarassment).

As far as getting in and playing Indi. We hit them in the mouth pretty hard last year and almost won. I'm betting that game would be a lot closer than people would think.

149607[/snapback]

Me too (on both counts). And while it's a long shot, it's a hellyuva lot more fun looking at Wild Card tiebreakers than it is debating who we'll take with the fourth overall pick, isn't it? :doh: