Kelsay Deserves the Extension

NaPolian8693

I totally understand the character stuff, and yeah, I have no doubt that Marshawn Lynch has attended plenty of dogfights in his gangster career, despite what his poor grandmother says about him in SI. But Kelsay gets paid too much to play as badly as he does so often.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Kelsay is well deserving of a big contract extension.

He is obviously well respected among players and coaches, as he is a multiple time team captain selection.

He has never been an off the field issue, he doesn't complain, and provides solid veteran leadership.

Even if you don't think he is an elite player, the fact is the Bills have to play someone at outside linebacker. Look at the other outside linebackers on the team - Ellis, Torbor, and Maybin? It's not realistic to cut the entire group in one offseason.

You have to pay somebody to pay outside linebacker for the Buffalo Bills, so it might as well be a good, hard working guy like Chris Kelsay.

No matter how terrible a player he is? Is that how low our standards have become?

So if the Bills cut all of their outside linebackers, who are the five or so free agents that you propose bringing in to replace them?

It's impossible to turn over an entire roster in one season, you just simply have to keep some bodies around.

Would you rather see them extend Maybin?

Actually, yes. Maybin is at least young and might still have some upside. Kelsay, with all due respect, aint turning into anything. Hes reached his potential.

It's funny, because I am a big believer in character.

It's the reason why I think Michael Vick is an idiot, as are Tank, "Pac Man", etc.

But the last time I checked, a player gets a contract for his production on the field as an actual football player.

Sure, staying out of the news and being a good team guy are important roles; but I noticed how none of your points covered his lack of mobility in coverage, his stiff hips, his lack of a pass rush or ability to get to the passer, his poor tackling.

While I agree that staying out of trouble and being a stand-up guy are important, they sadly are not the reason why a player should get a contract extension. On field performance is.

We need players who can play, not a pack of boy scouts.

Nice screen name Chris. And nice job on Finley and Driver.

Even if Chris Kelsay posted this, it sure seems like a troll post, but the fact remains that the idiots at OBD appear to be willing to sign the guy.

Kelsay playing LB and if he gets an extension is all you need to know about - if you were wondering about the new staff moving in the right direction.

Maybe we can resign Eric Flowers too? :rolleyes:

You guys act like they are just going to bring in five new outside linebackers in the offseason. Do you think we should draft all outside linebackers next year and just start the rookies, or do you think we should sign five retreads that can't get a job anywhere else in the offseason (Cornell Green types) and play them?

The Bills have no choice.

Let's not forget that Kelsay has been around a long time, and has done enough to impress FOUR different coaching staffs. I know you guys think you all know football better than Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey and Jauron and Gailey, but they all believed in Chris Kelsay.

He's also just a nice guy with a lot of personality that's fun to be around. Just because he doesn't run his mouth in the media, that doesn't make him a "stiff".

You guys act like they are just going to bring in five new outside linebackers in the offseason. Do you think we should draft all outside linebackers next year and just start the rookies, or do you think we should sign five retreads that can't get a job anywhere else in the offseason (Cornell Green types) and play them?

The Bills have no choice.

Let's not forget that Kelsay has been around a long time, and has done enough to impress FOUR different coaching staffs. I know you guys think you all know football better than Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey and Jauron and Gailey, but they all believed in Chris Kelsay.

He's also just a nice guy with a lot of personality that's fun to be around. Just because he doesn't run his mouth in the media, that doesn't make him a "stiff".

When he looks into your eyes, do you feel like you're the only two people in the world?

The thing is, he isn't an OLB. How about they try and just get one of those.

Even if Chris Kelsay posted this, it sure seems like a troll post, but the fact remains that the idiots at OBD appear to be willing to sign the guy.

Kelsay playing LB and if he gets an extension is all you need to know about - if you were wondering about the new staff moving in the right direction.

OBD knows their stuff. Kelsay is a blue collar player with a high motor. They should give him 50 million. :devil:

No, the fact that when faced with a RB, there's a good chance he'll fall down instead of making the tackle - that makes him a stiff.

I sure hope you're right about him getting it figured out at OLB, but it clearly has not happened yet.

He is obviously well respected among players and coaches, as he is a multiple time team captain selection.

He has never been an off the field issue, he doesn't complain, and provides solid veteran leadership.

Even if you don't think he is an elite player, the fact is the Bills have to play someone at outside linebacker. Look at the other outside linebackers on the team - Ellis, Torbor, and Maybin? It's not realistic to cut the entire group in one offseason.

You have to pay somebody to pay outside linebacker for the Buffalo Bills, so it might as well be a good, hard working guy like Chris Kelsay.

I agree with this thinking, even though I don't like what Kelsey does on the field. You know he's going to know the scheme, practice hard, and be a leader. Maybe when they get a guy to play that position who has some talent, he'll learn how to be a professional from Kelsey.

Kelsay also volunteers at my kid's school - you'd think people would want that more than someone who crushes dog skulls.

And?

Then he should be a volunteer, and not an NFL player.

Trust me, I think Vick is a moron. Not interested.

But now you go to the other extreme, and think that we should field a team of choir boys because they are in church every Sunday?

Bottom line: the Buffalo Bills need football players. Guys that will perform on the field every Sunday. That means both from a competitive ability, and staying out of trouble with the law.

I appreciate a good hardworker, but Kelsay is like a dyslexic proofreader. He just can't do the job.

Keep a guy like that at 1.5x veteran minimun, not 6 mil a year.