Fitzpatrick threw 2 costly INT's, yet....

The Poojer

i come out of this game feeling a hell of a lot better than the past couple of weeks....did you see fitz scan the field on multiple occasions....he avoided check downs....we set up the passing game using 'beast mode'....i know he isnt the answer to our problems, but holy crap did this game have a completely different dynamic than games led by edwards.

btw, i blame the 2nd INT as much on Nelson, not fighting for it, as i do on Fitz...Nelson should have done anything and everything possible to break it up...he did NOTHING....fitz is to blame for a horrible throw, but you need your receivers to fight for you as well....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i come out of this game feeling a hell of a lot better than the past couple of weeks....did you see fitz scan the field on multiple occasions....he avoided check downs....we set up the passing game using 'beast mode'....i know he isnt the answer to our problems, but holy crap did this game have a completely different dynamic than games led by edwards.

btw, i blame the 2nd INT as much on Nelson, not fighting for it, as i do on Fitz...Nelson should have done anything and everything possible to break it up...he did NOTHING....fitz is to blame for a horrible throw, but you need your receivers to fight for you as well....

nelson couldnt have fought for that ball. it was so horribly thrown high and behind nelson that there was nothing he could do.

Agreed. Fitz needs a much better throw there...or better yet a throwaway on 1st down. There was more than enough time and TO's for a drive. Nelson needs to be more aware there and do something even an offensive PI to prevent the turnover. But perhaps Fitz's INT earlier on a TD throw to a wide open Parrish was more costly to the outcome of this game. Fitz is physically limited. But you are correct, you feel different watching this team with him under center. He generally does the RIGHT THING in a situation, whereas Trent almost never does. The play i described to parrish is a good ex. He looks off the coverage by staring left. Parrish comes wide open over the middle, exactly what he wanted there. Maybe the ball just sailed on him (it looked more like a toss to a 6'5" TE than a smurf wideout. But should be a TD nontheless. At least this team looks like they have some skill players with RF in there. I was starting to wonder with Trent. Our deficiencies from years of poor drafting are all too evident on defense for us to get many wins, but we can be competent and even entertaining with this QB.

This game was classic Fitz. Generally plays well but misses high a lot resulting in INTs. This game shows exactly why he is a career backup. But that being said, all in all he had a good game.

And that career backup is unfortunately the best QB on this roster right now. Yeah, they were painful picks, but at least it was an entertaining game this time (maybe not the 2nd half).

Hey we all said it this wekk...Fitzy isnt the future but he gives a chance to win that game

I cant remember i was this pleased with a loss....Im not upset about those two picks at all....With a different QB we win that game and we almost did with fitzy's inaccuracy

Gailey showed his reputation today. Getting the most out of his players. Just imagine what he can do with a stud QB

Ill Take it and i hope we can build on it

Gailey showed his reputation today. Getting the most out of his players. Just imagine what he can do with a stud QB

I do have to give Gailey props this week. He saw that the Jets tore up the pats secondary last week and did all that he could to do the same. Good game plan this week for sure.

Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions last year. After a performance like today, where the Bills score 23 offensive points after 17 in the last two weeks combined, it is utterly incomprehensible to me that anyone would suggest starting Trent Edwards over Ryan Fitzpatrick, and that line of thinking is akin to being mentally challenged.

probably last year - Fitzpatrick vs. JAX, maybe?

Yes he was 3 yards short of the elusive 300 yard game.

I expected the offense to be better today, but I didn't expect that much improvement. At least I got to see an exciting football game where we had a chance of winning it. Oddly satisfied with today's game regardless of the fact we lost.

What I saw today is a much more competitive demeanor of the team. Was it Fitz? Maybe, well probably. Last week what was evident is that Trent lost the team. Fitz, even with his certain level of skill set, had the team rallied and had folks playing hard.

I am OK with today. I saw the Bills being competitive and I saw them trying very hard.

I still don't know how NE got 200 yards rushing. When I saw that, i was......what???

Overall, young guys from last two drafts (except Maybin) played competitive and hard and we had a chance.

What I saw today is a much more competitive demeanor of the team. Was it Fitz? Maybe, well probably. Last week what was evident is that Trent lost the team. Fitz, even with his certain level of skill set, had the team rallied and had folks playing hard.

I am OK with today. I saw the Bills being competitive and I saw them trying very hard.

I still don't know how NE got 200 yards rushing. When I saw that, i was......what???

Overall, young guys from last two drafts (except Maybin) played competitive and hard and we had a chance.

I thought if they had 200 yards rushing, they must have had 400 yards passing, because it seemed we gave up huge passing yards.