Cornelius Bennett

dib

The Elbo Room wasn't underneath the Holiday Inn, was it? What was that one called?

I don't know. That might be a bit north of my stomping grounds (Oakland Park?). When I was on the beach, I was either at the Elbo Room or Blondies. Occasionally, I'd hit "Beach Place" when I was landsharking. ;)

Now I live in Charlotte and it ain't the same. Just got a text from friends tailgating at the Fish-Jest game. [sigh]

I don't know. That might be a bit north of my stomping grounds (Oakland Park?). When I was on the beach, I was either at the Elbo Room or Blondies. Occasionally, I'd hit "Beach Place" when I was landsharking. ;)

Now I live in Charlotte and it ain't the same. Just got a text from friends tailgating at the Fish-Jest game. [sigh]

Damn, it's driving me nuts - I don't think it was the Elbo Room - it was right across the sidestreet from that. I spent three spring breaks there in the early 80s, and that place was as decadent as good be with their afternoon college contests.

Damn, it's driving me nuts - I don't think it was the Elbo Room - it was right across the sidestreet from that. I spent three spring breaks there in the early 80s, and that place was as decadent as good be with their afternoon college contests.

spent many a spring break morning in the Elbo room drinking $.25 and $.50 drafts, think they went to regular price at 11 am if i remember correctly. I to seem to remember something in the bottom of a hotel at that end, remember the contests well. Lord, what a place that was in the eraly 80's.

I just remembered the name of the place I was thinking of - The Button! Holy crap - that place was so wild on spring break in the early 80s. It was so wild that I think I only made it into the Elbo Room once or twice.....I just googled it to confirm and it is definitely it:

Loved the Button, which was at the corner of A1A and Las Olas ( southeast corner) in what was then a Holiday Inn. The Art Institute was also located in that building at one time.

That reminds me, the art institute had a bunch of young hotties in their classes. So, one day when we're all at the pool, a bunch of came out there for a few minutes, dressed to the nines - full dresses, high heels, etc. I think they were models..........Well, that was a big mistake. Within a few minutes all hell broke loose and they were thrown in the pool. They were sooooo pissed!!

And, my friend and I were were just sitting on the edge of the pool, soaking it all the mayhem in, when a cold Budweiser popped up between us. We knew it was God telling us it was time to start drinking for the day!