A clear cut Stud TE still needed?

ICE

As your faithful Draft Droid, I summarize your needs as:

--A difference maker TE

--A dominant DE (Would you make John Abraham your #1 need in FA?)

--Yet another Tackle

--The Best Kicker Available in the 30-55 yard range

--CB to eventually replace Clements

--Backup Running back

--Possible LB

Is that it? I must know soon, as the bowl schedule requires that I prepare the annual "Who To Watch in Which Bowl When" chart...

Astro

When Vincent goes to FS and McGee permanently moves to CB it might be that TD will pick a CB to be the eventual replacement for Nate, seeing how he might cost quite a bit to keep when his contract comes up, ala Winfield.

149048[/snapback]

Good points. Not to mention Kevin Thomas is due to become a UFA with Nate following next season, which would leave us with Baker and McGee at CB. As a result I would not be surprised at all if we take a CB with our top pick in next year's draft. Carlos Rogers from Auburn is a guy I could see us taking with the pick.

Really? You screamed for Lee Evans or whatever wr named Williams when others advocated Ben Watson... <_<

149020[/snapback]

Have you not been watching Bills games? Evans kicks ass and was a NEED. TE is now the final piece.

Like it or not, Henry is a cancer that needs to be cut. Again, look at this season. The sack stats and W/L stats tell the story in games in which TH started.

149137[/snapback]

What substantive facts do you cite that indicate that Henry is a cancer? He certainly has not been productive as a player this year, but not being good enough as a player and being a cancer are two different things. On the contrary, in the past Henry drew lots of praise from teammates, fans and even was the lead pictuire on TBD prior to the resurgence of WM. Because he demonstrated the ability to play productively through injuries such as a fractured bone while in the process of gaining over 1300 yards for the season TH proved himself to be as far from being a cancer as a player could be.

This year in conjunction with the downturn in his play, he has drawn praise from his teammates for keeping his mouth shut and being a good soldier when a better player took his job.

I don't think he is a cancer at all. Perhaps you are using the word in a different fashion than the way it is normally used by most fans and you mean that someone is a cancer simply through not being as good as another player or just being unproductive.

If the latter is what you are referring to it is correct for Henry's play this year but differs in terms of how folks use the phrase cancer. By that definition Bledsoe would be considered a "cancer" when Brady took his job abd he ran the Brady offense well enough to win, though not well in the AFC championship game. In tat case, Bledsoe won virtually universal praise for the manner in which he dealt with Brady rolling over him and in my view Henry deserves nothing but praise for the way he has dealt with WM's play far outstripping his production.

--A difference maker TE

--Yet another Tackle

--Backup Running back

--Possible LB

Is that it? I must know soon, as the bowl schedule requires that I prepare the annual "Who To Watch in Which Bowl When" chart...

Astro

149150[/snapback]

Nice call, Astro. I particularly like some of those qualifying adjectives! If Mel Kiper ever needs a replacement, we know where to find one!!!

I think that most of us are going to be totally surprised in the next draft.

Imho, the Bills will grab a running back in round 2. Like it or not, Henry is a cancer that needs to be cut. Again, look at this season. The sack stats and W/L stats tell the story in games in which TH started.

Right now, the Bills look good enough to go after the "best player available," but backup RB is a vital slot to fill when we rid ourselves of this loser. The good news is that RBs seem to need less time to develop.

After this, I am content to sit back and hope for more OL, dbs, and perhaps a lb.

So there it is...the first time I have ever wanted someone other than an offensive lineman with our first pick.  <_<

Disclaimer: The above does not take injuries into account.

149137[/snapback]

Mcgahee is great......but not that great...

Could it be a new coach, new system and the players geling with it....

Could it be a new coach learning/progressing with coaching ingame....

Could it be Milloy coming back....

Could it be the benching of Reese.....

Could it be our special teams, coming through game in and game out...

Could it be Mcnally getting this OLine into shape....

Could it be Bledsoe playing with more confidence......

Could it be our WR/TE's not dropping every other throw....

Mcgahee has been apart of this turn around, no doubt but he wasnt the only factor....I do still think we would be riding the same success with Henry in there too...

This team(offense, defense & special teams) has improved as whole, throughout this season....

I have been on the top TE bandwagon for some time now but it appears impossible to aquire one this offseason. So this is my plan: resign Jennings and Pat, and target the best possible pass rusher in free agency. In the draft, I take the top rated interior Olineman with our 1st pick, and with the next two picks, a RB and CB in whatever order the best one's come to us. Also, somehow someway, get a kicker.

What substantive facts do you cite that indicate that Henry is a cancer?  He certainly has not been productive as a player this year, but not being good enough as a player and being a cancer are two different things.  On the contrary, in the past Henry drew lots of praise from teammates, fans and even was the lead pictuire on TBD prior to the resurgence of WM.  Because he demonstrated the ability to play productively through injuries such as a fractured bone while in the process of gaining over 1300 yards for the season TH proved  himself to be as far from being a cancer as a player could be.

This year in conjunction with the downturn in his play, he has drawn praise from his teammates for keeping his mouth shut and being a good soldier when a better player took his job.

I don't think he is a cancer at all. Perhaps you are using the word in a different fashion than the way it is normally used by most fans and you mean that someone is a cancer simply through not being as good as another player or just being unproductive.

If the latter is what you are referring to it is correct for Henry's play this year but differs in terms of how folks use the phrase cancer.  By that definition Bledsoe would be considered a "cancer" when Brady took his job abd he ran the Brady offense well enough to win, though not well in the AFC championship game.  In tat case, Bledsoe won virtually universal praise for the manner in which he dealt with Brady rolling over him and in my view Henry deserves nothing but praise for the way he has dealt with WM's play far outstripping his production.

149179[/snapback]

I concede your point. Cancer was the wrong word. "Loser" was however appropriate.

Again, check out the sack and W/L stats.

Travis can run, but he is bad at every other phase of football. If you disagree, please point out what else he does well. Blocking? Running correct pass paterns? Not falling on his stupid ass? Catching the football?

Please. He is more responsible for the 0-4 start than was Bledsoe.

The guy is a flat out bad football player, and to those of you who think he will bring us a 3rd round pick, enjoy your pipe dream.

Mcgahee is great......but not that great...

Could it be a new coach, new system and the players geling with it....

Could it be a new coach learning/progressing with coaching ingame....

Could it be Milloy coming back....

Could it be the benching of Reese.....

Could it be our special teams, coming through game in and game out...

Could it be Mcnally getting this OLine into shape....

Could it be Bledsoe playing with more confidence......

Could it be our WR/TE's not dropping every other throw....

Mcgahee has been apart of this turn around, no doubt but he wasnt the only factor....I do still think we would be riding the same success with Henry in there too...

This team(offense, defense & special teams) has improved as whole, throughout this season....

149182[/snapback]

>>>I do still think we would be riding the same success with Henry in there too...<<<

Thanks for the football discussion, but I respectfully submit that the above assertion is absurd.

Travis would be falling on his stupid ass, missing blocks, dropping passes, running wrong routes and the Bills would be in a battle with the phish for the basement if he were the starter instead of MaGahee.

>>>I do still think we would be riding the same success with Henry in there too...<<<

Thanks for the football discussion, but I respectfully submit that the above assertion is absurd.

Travis would be falling on his stupid ass, missing blocks, dropping passes, running wrong routes and the Bills would be in a battle with the phish for the basement if he were the starter instead of MaGahee.

149265[/snapback]

Ok...Well we disagree then...I dont think he is fairly as bad in blocking and recieving as you say, Average while Mcgahee is good(not great, atleast not yet)....

There is no doubt overall...Mcgahee is the better back...but the drop off is not that far, that we would be 2-10......c'mon now

If we can find a top TE, great, but I don't think its a necessity or a high priority. Campbell isn't a great player, but he's more than acceptable at the position. I do not know his status after yesterday's injury and I hope he's ok. In addition, I like what I've seen of Tim Euhus. He's got very good hands and some speed. He may never be a great player, but I think he can be a good one if he can hold up as a blocker.

Prior to FA losses, I still think C and LG should be the priority. OT depth, at the very least, is also a big need. I've known for a while that the interior of the OL can't run block to save its life, but a stat displayed by CBS during the game yesterday really drove the point home. Willis McGahee, despite starting only about half the season to this point, is 3rd in the league in carries for negative yardage. Just think about how good he has been in spite of this amazingly bad stat against him. Whether its through the draft or FA, I really don't care, but this OL still needs work.

Otherwise, I think the team is in relatively good shape. They probably need a #2 RB, assuming Henry is traded. K is a need, but I don't believe it'll be given priority. Secondary depth is also a need. All that said, one position to keep an eye on is OLB. I think it could be the suprise pick of the first day of next year's draft. If the Bills feel they can get a very good prospect at that position, don't be suprised if they draft someone with their first pick to challenge Jeff Posey.

--A difference maker TE

--Yet another Tackle

--Backup Running back

--Possible LB

Astro

149150[/snapback]

I myself am a droid of the draft and lemme know if u want any help astrobot in making that chart if you were serious.

being such a draftnik that I am i just can't take it anymore...all this discussion about what positions we need but nobody ever throws names around about any possible draftees. It's damn early to speculate but its fun anyway so ima start bringing up names....

the TE i think would be a perfect fit here is Heath Miller from Virginia, kid is a stud...

also Ide like to see us get one of these 3 RBs to backup willis...

DeAngelo Williams from Memphis

Kay-Jay Harris from West Virginia

Ronnie Brown Auburn

J.J. Arrington California (Future STUD)

oh F. Smith!!! thats 4 <_< my B

What the heck? I don't get it - just don't get it. Each one of our TEs plays well and has been productive. What more do you want from them. What do you want in a TE - someone with a name? Look at what that got the Browns in Kellen Winslow. Hmph. There just aren't that many Tony Gonzalezs out there, know what I mean? We have much more pressing issues that need to be dealt with during the offseason, ya dig?

Needs :

1) Offensive linemen

2) A pass rush

3) Offensive Linemen

4) A pass rush

Our skill players are better than average now and can be utilized if the QB has the time to throw the ball. Maybe when we get a QB in there who is mobile that will cure a lot of problems but we are all in love with the statue ....THIS WEEK !

Even in the Miami game, the QB had too much time to throw the ball. Luckily, he is probably the worst QB to come along in awhile.

McGahee, Moulds, Evans, Henry.... better than average and more than adequate BUT our offensive line is way below playoff caliber.

I am only intererested in one thing.WINNING THE SUPERBOWL !! Being respectable should never be satisfactory.

Forget TE, in this up coming draft Euhus would have been in the top three, the best TE might be a QB, Matt Jones from Ark. 6'6" 235 might turn into the best TE in this draft, I like him, because he could be our slash, some have said he is athletic enough to play safety in the NFL at 6'6" that would be great at the goal line. On offense he could confuse teams as well. We turned an Ark TE into a tackle why not a QB into a WR/TE/DB.

Needs

CB-McGee is a good slot and special teamer but he shouldn't be starting.

LG-While Tucker has played well, we could use an upgrade-deep guard draft

LT-I hope we can keep Jennings, I highly doubt he'll receive a large payday, and the project cap from 2005 to 2006 is expected to go up almost 15 million dollars. If TD can he should be able to structure a smart enough contract to keep him in Buffalo.

DT-if PW leaves, not sure if Anderson or Edwards are the answer.

LOLB-need more production from the LOLB.

I concede your point. Cancer was the wrong word. "Loser" was however appropriate.

Again, check out the sack and W/L stats.

Travis can run, but he is bad at every other phase of football. If you disagree, please point out what else he does well. Blocking? Running correct pass paterns? Not falling on his stupid ass? Catching the football?

Please. He is more responsible for the 0-4 start than was Bledsoe.

The guy is a flat out bad football player, and to those of you who think he will bring us a 3rd round pick, enjoy your pipe dream.

149245[/snapback]

Quick, name all of the other "bad football players" that rushed for just under 2800 yards and scored 25 TDs and caught about 70 passes and played in the pro bowl and were named MVP by their teammates in two seasons (their second and third in the league). God, there must be dozens, if not hundreds. There are a LOT of bad football players out there.