A clear cut Stud TE still needed?

ICE

Here is what I think we need in the offseason, ranking them in order:

1) Tackle

2) Kicker

3) Another CB.

Its weird, but I actually feel very content with a majority of this team. A LT to replace Jonas, a kicker to replace Lindell and another CB for nickel depth and we are good to go.

I gotta say YES!  OL is doing ok and developing under JMac. I'd still love to have a guy that is clear cut, head and shoulders above the rest of the TE's on this roster. A difference maker at TE.

148999[/snapback]

Tight End. Been saying it ever since they got Bledsoe. You want championship Bledsoe? Tight end is the critical piece. Has been from day one.

I gotta say YES!  OL is doing ok and developing under JMac. I'd still love to have a guy that is clear cut, head and shoulders above the rest of the TE's on this roster. A difference maker at TE.

148999[/snapback]

Really? You screamed for Lee Evans or whatever wr named Williams when others advocated Ben Watson... <_<

Why another CB?  I think we are in good shape there.

149017[/snapback]

Agree, I don't think we need to bring another one. McGee is playing solid football, he gets burn from time to time but I like his potential. Both Greer and Thomas are good at nickel and dime. Greer has great speed.

If Vincent comes back i don't see us drafting a CB.

#1, you've got to comitt to throwing to the TE. If you do, then, well... where do you find one?

Antonio Gates is an aberation. Shockey, Gonzalez, and Heap aren't going anywhere soon, and there ain't a college TE out there that's going to come right in and do a better job than Campbell or Euhus.

How about this... we stop coddling Drew with this elusive dream lineup, dream TE, etc and put a QB in there that perhaps cam roll right, roll left, move in a floating pocket right and left. Bail when he's in trouble and throw on the run, if necessary.

Do you think that would be just as effective... and maybe more effective?

#1, you've got to comitt to throwing to the TE.  If you do, then, well... where do you find one?

Antonio Gates is an aberation.  Shockey, Gonzalez, and Heap aren't going anywhere soon, and there ain't a college TE out there that's going to come right in and do a better job than Campbell or Euhus.

How about this... we stop coddling Drew with this elusive dream lineup, dream TE, etc and put a QB in there that perhaps cam roll right, roll left, move in a floating pocket right and left.  Bail when he's in trouble and throw on the run, if necessary.

Do you think that would be just as effective... and maybe more effective?

149045[/snapback]

True. The Bills have all-pros at every position on offense, including backup QB. Merely changing the starting QB will make everything better. <_<:doh::doh:

Oh and did I mention :doh: ?

Really? You screamed for Lee Evans or whatever wr named Williams when others advocated Ben Watson... <_<

149020[/snapback]

Watson was off to a nice start, before his injury. Honestly though Campbell and Euhus are both damn good blockers, and acceptable TEs. There are other issues I would like to see addressed (addition offensive lineman, linebackers for the future, secondary depth, etc).

Watson was off to a nice start, before his injury.  Honestly though Campbell and Euhus are both damn good blockers, and acceptable TEs.  There are other issues I would like to see addressed (addition offensive lineman, linebackers for the future, secondary depth, etc).

149057[/snapback]

Very good start. Cincy played NE in the preseason, and the announcers raved about Watson. He's a TE with WR speed. I was po'd when NE picked him.

Very good start. Cincy played NE in the preseason, and the announcers raved about Watson. He's a TE with WR speed. I was po'd when NE picked him.

149074[/snapback]

Yeah, I was hoping he would fall to the Bills (when they had a 2nd rounder). I think he's going to be a stud.

Pats also have Graham who is an amazing blocker, but inconsistent reciever, generally.

True.  The Bills have all-pros at every position on offense, including backup QB.  Merely changing the starting QB will make everything better. <_<  :doh:  :doh:

Oh and did I mention  :doh: ?

149051[/snapback]

Like I said in post below... we ain't gonna agree. You still don't get it. Drew's shortcomings make the cast around him look worse than they are. Put someone in that shows some energy, spunk, and mobility... geez, what a surprise, everyone around you is playing better than they normally do and they don't look as bad as before. Take Magic away from the Lakers... no ring, take jordan from the bulls, no ring, Take bird away from the Celts... no ring. Somehow they just make their teams better. Those guys were not only leaders by example, they also were firey and got in people's faces when they needed to. Drew can't do that cause he doesn't have the "game" to back it up.

JP??? yeah, he's green... I ain't saying make the switch Sunday. I am saying play him here a little and there a little and at the end of the season sit Drew down and tell him he's going to the pasture... JP will be the starter in 2005

Like I said in  post below... we ain't gonna agree.  You still don't get it.  Drew's shortcomings make the cast around him look worse than they are.  Put someone in that shows some energy, spunk, and mobility... geez, what a surprise, everyone around you is playing better than they normally do and they don't look as bad as before.  Take Magic away from the Lakers... no ring, take jordan from the bulls, no ring, Take bird away from the Celts... no ring.  Somehow they just make their teams better.  Those guys were not only leaders by example, they also were firey and got in people's faces when they needed to.  Drew can't do that cause he doesn't have the "game" to back it up.

JP??? yeah, he's green... I ain't saying make the switch Sunday.  I am saying play him here a little and there a little and at the end of the season sit Drew down and tell him he's going to the pasture... JP will be the starter in 2005

Hard to see anyone play any better than Drew has the past 3 weeks and during the Bills' 6-2 winning stretch. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think that most of us are going to be totally surprised in the next draft.

Imho, the Bills will grab a running back in round 2. Like it or not, Henry is a cancer that needs to be cut. Again, look at this season. The sack stats and W/L stats tell the story in games in which TH started.

Right now, the Bills look good enough to go after the "best player available," but backup RB is a vital slot to fill when we rid ourselves of this loser. The good news is that RBs seem to need less time to develop.

After this, I am content to sit back and hope for more OL, dbs, and perhaps a lb.

So there it is...the first time I have ever wanted someone other than an offensive lineman with our first pick. <_<

Disclaimer: The above does not take injuries into account.