Kevin Kolb Anyone?

Hearing that Vick is the guy for the rest of the season and hearing good things about mike kafka do you think it would be a bad idea to make the trade? I know everyone wants to take someone for the first overall pick but if we traded marshawn and a 4th or maybe 3rd i dont really know maybe he could be had. All I know is Carini would solidify our line for the next 10 years and kolb definitely could be a franchise qb giving up that 3rd is crucial sure but kolb is still 26, hes got a cannon, and can play in cold weather games. I would also way rather aquire a qb with marshawn and a 3rd then a 1st overall for unproven talent... thoughts?

Honestly, he hasnt been very good in any appearance he has made. People applaud his outings last year that looked good for Fantasy owners, but he was a liability to the Eagles in those starts and made costly mistakes. Prior to those 2 games, he was atrocious in every apperance up to then and looked equally ineffective this preseason and the time he was in there week 1.

I said it when they traded McNabb, and I will say it again...the Eagles will regret handing the keys to Kolb and trading McNabb to a division rival. Of course, I didnt expect Vick to be very good, so maybe they wont regret it if Vick keeps this up. However, week 1 and 2 were the first time in Vicks whole career that he had back to back weeks with a passer rating over 100, so I have my doubts he can be consistent even though he has looked pretty good so far.

Getting rid of Kolb would be a typical boneheaded Andy Reid move.

The guy has been on the team his whole career. Reid loves him so much that he dumps McNabb---to a division rival. Kolb has a rough start in the half game he has played this year and Vick is blowing the biggest QB bubble in memory (we've ALL heard this before about Vick)---and Reid might be thinking of dealing Kolb??

Dumbest guy out there right now.

Edited by Mr. WEO

His experience is about the level of Rob Johnson and we all know how well that worked out :angry: . Also since he has had his brains already scrambled this season he won't last long behind the sieve.

Exactly. This is Rob Johnson all over again. Had one good game so we thought he was going to be good and he stunk up the joint. In 4 years Kolb has played in 12 games and threw 4 TDs and 7 Ints. I don't know that he's any better than what we got. If we want someone else, let's at least try to get someone who has had some success in the NFL.

The guy has been on the team his whole career. Reid loves him so much that he dumps McNabb---to a division rival. Kolb has a rough start in the half game he has played this year and Vick is blowing the biggest QB bubble in memory (we've ALL heard this before about Vick)---and Reid might be thinking of dealing Kolb??

...Should his dumb ass get canned I hope the peeps at One Bills Drive have his phone number.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I could see it being something this organization would consider doing.

Plus Kolb just signed an extension making him one of the higher paid QBs in the league.

He has already had one concussion this year. Remember how Trent deteriorated after he had his concussion against the Cards.

Who says he's dumb! (A little F Troop reference for you youngsters)

Seriously, Reid knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that he had Vick with no more rust on him & had nothing to lose by trading McNabb because he had to trade one & Vick will still be around when McNabb is retired. Plus McNabb was traded with only a year to go on his contract, so Vick would be more logical to re-sign in any case. So if Kolb bombs, he still has McNabb's equal or better in Vick & if Kolb had played lights out you have more than replaced McNabb. Reid was in a no lose situation. Trading McNabb was not dumb. I'd bet Vick outplays McNabb this & every year McNabb remains in the NFL.

I like what Kolb can bring to the table when healthy, but if the opportunity presents itself, I would rather see Andrew Luck as the next Bills QB. I can see Chan signing Thigpen for a year or two on the cheap and letting him start for the 2011 season.

Luck would then have the opportunity to start in 2012, and hopefully by then Spiller will be an impact player at RB, Wood, Levitre, & Nelson will continue to develop, we add a solid number 2 receiver through free agency, and we fix our tackle problem. I could see us taking an OT in the 2nd or 3rd next year and in the 1st in 2012, that is barring any free agent signings. Drafting a receiver in the 2nd this year wouldn't be bad either because it would give him a year to develop before Luck is starting.

Who says he's dumb! (A little F Troop reference for you youngsters)

Seriously, Reid knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that he had Vick with no more rust on him & had nothing to lose by trading McNabb because he had to trade one & Vick will still be around when McNabb is retired. Plus McNabb was traded with only a year to go on his contract, so Vick would be more logical to re-sign in any case. So if Kolb bombs, he still has McNabb's equal or better in Vick & if Kolb had played lights out you have more than replaced McNabb. Reid was in a no lose situation. Trading McNabb was not dumb. I'd bet Vick outplays McNabb this & every year McNabb remains in the NFL.

Come on! Sunday Vick's the starter. Monday, it's Kolb. Tuesday it's Vick. Genius!

Anyway, Vick may be the best choice for Sunday (Reid stuttered even deciding that!), but we've all seen the Mike Vick show before--and we all know how it ends. Option Qbs don't go far in the NFL.

If he outperforms McNabb this or any year, it will be the first time he has done so.