With the Jackson to Minnesota deal dead

JM57

This helps both teams, and the individual involved.

Bills get draft pick(s?) to help build the team with more talent, Vikings get a burner at WR, and Lee Evans finally gets an opportunity to win in this league.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go for this. Trade him for a 3rd or conditional 2nd. He's good, but he's not going to cause this team to win.

I would rather keep Lee Evans than give him up for a 3rd rounder. I don't blame him for the state of the offense. A 2nd is interesting, but unless it's a high 2nd rounder I would probably be inclined to hope we wouldn't do it. A low first or high 2nd would be okay with me or a solid/prove OLT that still has a lot of tread left would also work for me. I doubt that there is a QB available worthwhile of a trade, but that may work as well.

I guess you want to assure the #1 pick in the draft huh?

You are not the first. Why not throw in Lynch and Jackson?

I'm quite positive this team is locked for the top 3 with or without #83. Might as well make it a true rebuilding project.

Once again, it's supply and demand folks. Minnesota has a big need at WR. Evans is a borderline #1 WR, especially on a team with a good QB. There aren't guys like Evans available on the market. Therefore the demand for Evans goes UP. Regardless of the inferiority complex most Bills fans have, our players have value. We should get a 1st rounder for Evans, or at the least a 2nd AND 3rd or 4th. Remember guys, James Hardy and Malcolm Kelly were 2nd rounders. Is that the risk you want to take in giving up Evans? I think not. You either get quality players in return, or you get high draft picks for proven players in this league. And that is a fact.

Edited by Got_Wood

This helps both teams, and the individual involved.

Bills get draft pick(s?) to help build the team with more talent, Vikings get a burner at WR, and Lee Evans finally gets an opportunity to win in this league.

I'd be fine with this.

Lee is one of the only players on the Bills that would start for pretty much every team. Why the hell would we trade that? To leave more gaping holes to fill? Seriously lets build around Lee, not run him out. And who the hell are you going to draft in the third round that will be as good as Lee? Sorry this idea is retarded IMO

So, we are going to trade a guy who we know id good for some draft picks who may or may not ever be good.

This makes absolutely no sense.

That's not how you build a team through the draft. You keep your good players and add other ones through the draft.

Getting rid of good players for draft picks make no sense.

Lee Evans is going to be 30 soon. I actually like this idea, especially for the right compensation. He's been a good soldier, time to let him go. He'll lose his speed one of these days and we'll get nothing for him. He's not a tall possession guy that can hang around forever like TO. He's not doing anything to help the team win (through no fault of his own, of course). Let him go.

Lee Evans is going to be 30 soon. I actually like this idea, especially for the right compensation. He's been a good soldier, time to let him go. He'll lose his speed one of these days and we'll get nothing for him. He's not a tall possession guy that can hang around forever like TO. He's not doing anything to help the team win (through no fault of his own, of course). Let him go.

This is dead on. Just in case you guys didn't catch it, let me run this past you one more time.

LEE EVANS IS ALMOST 30.

LEE EVANS IS ALMOST 30.

i dont like it at all.it means we would have to draft a wide receiver next year.we already have too many holes to fill,like qb,and left tackle and a defensive end.i dont want to add wideout to the list as well.plus i love lee evans.he is our draft pick.lets keep him:-)

Lee hasn't really taken a pounding at any point in his career so he's probably not as broken down as most 29 year old WR's. He could have another 6 good years in the NFL before he falls off. Look at TO and Joey Galloway. They were still productive at 35.