Is the season over with already?

Jerry Jabber

Even before the start of the season last year, most could tall it wasn't going to be good with the terrible preseason performance, plus the firings of Walker & Schonert 10 days before the start of the season.

Is this a sense in the same direction? While I give credit to Cooter (Gailey) for pulling the plug on Edwards quickly, but did failing to address the QB situation this year really come back to bite the Bills in the butt this year. Granted, none of the free agent QB's looked good, but the Bills could have made a move for Mike Vick. While a lot of people are still disgusted with Vick's personal off-field actions, his play on the field so far this year has been very good.

With Edwards, it's obvious that his teammates did not rally around him. Edwards barely showed emotion and always sounded defeated. After getting blasted by defenders left & right, Edwards should have been chewing out his O-linemen and demanding that they get their heads out of their azzes and do their jobs. Edwards is a by-product of Jauron, both did not have that winning attitude. Both had the "It's hard to win in the NFL" type attitude.

With Fitz, we know he's better than Edwards, but we also know he's inconsistent and he's not a franchise QB either. Can the offense rally around Fitz and put together a decent season the rest of the way?

Even before the start of the season last year, most could tall it wasn't going to be good with the terrible preseason performance, plus the firings of Walker & Schonert 10 days before the start of the season.

Is this a sense in the same direction? While I give credit to Cooter (Gailey) for pulling the plug on Edwards quickly, but did failing to address the QB situation this year really come back to bite the Bills in the butt this year. Granted, none of the free agent QB's looked good, but the Bills could have made a move for Mike Vick. While a lot of people are still disgusted with Vick's personal off-field actions, his play on the field so far this year has been very good.

With Edwards, it's obvious that his teammates did not rally around him. Edwards barely showed emotion and always sounded defeated. After getting blasted by defenders left & right, Edwards should have been chewing out his O-linemen and demanding that they get their heads out of their azzes and do their jobs. Edwards is a by-product of Jauron, both did not have that winning attitude. Both had the "It's hard to win in the NFL" type attitude.

With Fitz, we know he's better than Edwards, but we also know he's inconsistent and he's not a franchise QB either. Can the offense rally around Fitz and put together a decent season the rest of the way?

Sure they can. At least the change offers the chance of a hope of a spark. Which is better than nothing.

While I give credit to Cooter (Gailey) for pulling the plug on Edwards quickly, but did failing to address the QB situation this year really come back to bite the Bills in the butt this year. Granted, none of the free agent QB's looked good, but the Bills could have made a move for Mike Vick. While a lot of people are still disgusted with Vick's personal off-field actions, his play on the field so far this year has been very good.

I think they played it exactly as they should have. This organization has been mediocre for a long time. They're better off being horrible and getting to the top of the draft instead of the 10-15 range we seem to end up in.

I think they played it exactly as they should have. This organization has been mediocre for a long time. They're better off being horrible and getting to the top of the draft instead of the 10-15 range we seem to end up in.

If that means drafting a real franchise QB with a Top 10 selection in the draft, then I'm all for it now. Let's just hope they can get a real #1 WR to go along with the Franchise QB.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I don't think Nix/Galiey thought they had many choices. There werent any major FA's available and apparently they didnt think there was a QB or Tackle worthy of the number 9 pick. While I hate to think we're playing for a draft pick thats likely what its going to end up. Nix was part of a regime that wasnt afraid to take Manning number one to trade for Rivers who went at number 4. Hopefully he learned from that and wont be afraid to pull the trigger if they like one of the guys thats there at our pick....

It's not over still a lot we can build on this year. This year will be full of small victories, sure you might say oh well we say that every year. But, that's the beauty of sports and why we keep cheering, when you cheer for a team that can celebrate the truly small victories sports are more fun. For us it's not an all or nothing game, every week something can make you happy and carry you on. It's just like golf most of us don't play golf because we are good but because every time we are so angry we never want to play again we hit that miracle shot that carry's you through 30 more below average to average strokes.

Can the offense rally around Fitz and put together a decent season the rest of the way?

Yes to the first part (they did it last year), and probably not the second part.

Fitz has leader written all over him, but his arm betrays him.

The Bills are who we thought they were - and we let 'em off the hook! The season is not over by any means as going 0-16 is historic although has truly lost some of its cache since Detroit did it. Still it is very possible although it does seem a little less so as long as Fitz is upright.