Well look who is becoming a stud...

CJ Spiller - 8 rushes for 9 yards...8 catches for 31 yards...ZERO TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS IN 2 GAMES!

Jahvid Best - 31 carries for 91 yards...14 catches for 170 yards...FOUR TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS IN 2 GAMES!

:wallbash::censored::wallbash::censored::wallbash::censored::wallbash:

Even Dexter McCluster would have been a better choice for our team, later in the draft!

http://www.nfl.com/partner/story?id=09000d5d81a8598d&partnerType=rookies

CJ Spiller - 8 rushes for 9 yards...8 catches for 31 yards...ZERO TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS IN 2 GAMES!

Jahvid Best - 31 carries for 91 yards...14 catches for 170 yards...FOUR TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS IN 2 GAMES!

Even Dexter McCluster would have been a better choice for our team, later in the draft!

Ummmm.....you have to be put in the game to make plays. :rolleyes:

Ummmm.....you have to be put in the game to make plays. :rolleyes:

CL nails it. CJ is getting paid huge money but Gailey is buying into some fans BS that he shouldn't have 20+ carries a game. Well that is BS, Feed him the ball over and over and over and let the cards fall where they may.

CL nails it. CJ is getting paid huge money but Gailey is buying into some fans BS that he shouldn't have 20+ carries a game. Well that is BS, Feed him the ball over and over and over and let the cards fall where they may.

Before I'd give CJ 20 carries, I'd have to see him run a heck of a lot tougher than he's shown to date.

Yep, this speaks more to the management of the team than the talent of Spiller. A top ten pick should have an immediate impact on a team, especially if the player is not a QB.

For the last 18 games the Bills have had no contribution from their 1st round pick. Not what you need when you're rebuilding.

Before I'd give CJ 20 carries, I'd have to see him run a heck of a lot tougher than he's shown to date.

Yeah, people call him Spiller the "Thriller"...well with all the dancing he does out there, he looks like he is doing the Thriller!

Marshawn Lynch should be the starting RB of this football team with Jackson as the backup.

Spiller should get 5-10 carries a game...5-10 passes throw his way...and he should be the FULL-TIME kick AND punt returner!

Couldn't agree more, Darth....why else draft a guy so high, to use him every now and then?

Hi! I'm a dumba$$ and I can't think of a good thread to start.... how about something really stupid and shortsighted.

Hi! I'm a dumba$$ and I can't think of a good thread to start.... how about something really stupid and shortsighted.

Facts are shortsighted?

Right on...GOOOOOOOOOO SPILLER! :wallbash:

it's been 2 games. JEEEEEZ!!! You guys jump on every opportunity to complain

Oh, I'm not complaining...I am just stating/sharing the facts I have recently found!

http://www.nfl.com/p...nerType=rookies

Okay, you are absolutely insane. You are really going to conclude after CJ has had 8 carries that he is a dud? Personally, I'm a big fan of giving a rookie more than 2 weeks to prove himself. Step down from the ledge...

Oh, my bad...Best has 5 TD's not 4...Spiller STILL has ZERO though!

LOL.

Guys, I like Spiller, as a person and a player...I really, REALLY hope he does well.

All I am saying is that I said these 2 would be identical, except I thought Best had the better opportunity to succeed THIS year and that HE would be more of a "Top Candidate" for Rookie of the Year...rather than Spiller.

And with 16 touches...CJ Spiller should certainly have more than 40 yards!

(This was more a shot at another poster than anything else...I understand it takes more than 2 weeks and 8 carries for a Rookie to prove his worth...However, a #9 overall rookie RB should be producing from Day 1...end of story!)

Hey Senator...wanna make a friendly bet?

I bet you Spiller does not end the season with 1,000 yards and 5 TD's(rushing+receiving...excluding returns)!

In other words...Spiller will not have as good a year as OJ did as a Rookie...and I wouldnt say OJ had a horrible Rookie campaign, he at least had 100+ total yards and 1 TD in his debut! (He actually outperformed CJ so far in his first 2 games!)

OJ +2 ~ CJ 0

Hey Senator...wanna make a friendly bet?

I bet you Spiller does not end the season with 1,000 yards and 5 TD's(rushing+receiving...excluding returns)!

In other words...Spiller will not have as good a year as OJ did as a Rookie...and I wouldnt say OJ had a horrible Rookie campaign, he at least had 100+ total yards and 1 TD in his debut! (He actually outperformed CJ so far in his first 2 games!)

OJ +2 ~ CJ 0

As my good friend 'The Dean' will attest, "If you torture the numbers long enough, they'll confess to anything!"

(i.e., I'd rather bet that in games 4 thru 8 of his rookie season, CJ Spiller will outscore OJ Simpson in his rookie season, games 4 thru 8! B-))

BTW - OJ, in his rookie season, had Jack Kemp throwing to him - CJ has, well...

So what would the bet be, anyway...maybe a trip to....

Carhenge???

post-2970-060340400 1284966687_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Comparing CJ to OJ is absurd. It's not certain that Spiller will even gain 2000 yards or score 10 touchdowns IN HIS CAREER.

Wow...just fking WOW...I've never said this before, but here goes...

STUPIDEST POST EVER!!!!

(I'll make the 'absurd' CJ/OJ comparison without equivocation - not only will Spiller most definitely gain WAY over 2000 yds/score 10 TDs in his career - he won't sneak up behind anyone and slit their throat!)

Edited by The Senator

well, i guess its case closed after 2 games, glad this debate is over.

Well, I guess IT IS "case closed"! Like I said, Best is outperforming Spiller, thus far! :bag: Yes...after 2 games! :P I actually said we should have gotten him, because we could have waited and made a beneficial move. We could have drafted someone else and traded up out of the 2nd, or we could have just traded away the #9 and moved back to get Jahvid Best! However, if he keeps this up, we should have just took him INSTEAD of Spiller! :oops: But, as far as the case being closed FOREVER on these 2 IDENTICAL RB'S...why don't you re-read the post of mine DIRECTLTY above yours...just to confirm my thinking and reassure yours. ;)

As my good friend 'The Dean' will attest, "If you torture the numbers long enough, they'll confess to anything!"

(i.e., I'd rather bet that in games 4 thru 8 of his rookie season, CJ Spiller will outscore OJ Simpson in his rookie season, games 4 thru 8! B-))

BTW - OJ, in his rookie season, had Jack Kemp throwing to him - CJ has, well...

So what would the bet be, anyway...maybe a trip to....

Carhenge???

Trying to be tricky, eh? I actually dont doubt that Spiller will have more than 2 rushing td's...but I dont think he will have 5 total, unless he gets some on returns or a fumble or something. I hope I am wrong though!

As for YOUR proposed bet...I WILL take that! I dont think he will have 1 against the Jets. He MIGHT get 1 against the Jaguars. My biggest worry is week 6...He won't have 1 against the Ravens...and I like the Chiefs defense this year.

If you win, I'll let you visit my shed for 3 hours! :worthy:

(Also, FYI...My name has nothing to do with Video Games...or really ANY "Games" in general.) :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamehendge

"Gamehendge is the fictional setting for a number of songs by the rock band Phish."

Wilson:

A traveller who arrives in Gamehendge and eventually captures the Helping Friendly Book from the Lizards and locks it in the top of his castle, thus becoming the sole ruler of Gamehendge.

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

As others have said, this is really a silly thread. CJ is on a really bad offensive team which has done very little to assist him in being successful. Additionally, he hasn't gotten the touches that Best has had. The Lions are a pretty good offensive team. Their problem is mostly their defense. I suspect if Spiller was on the Lions his numbers would be even better than Best's.

I have been vocal in my discontent of the Bills. However, in this case, I don't believe Spiller should be getting slammed.

We could have drafted someone else and traded up out of the 2nd, or we could have just traded away the #9 and moved back to get Jahvid Best!

I would LOVE to see the proof that either of those 2 scenarios was viable, Do you have a Link perhaps? or a first hand knowledge from the war room on draft day?

Thats right, you dont. Facts are that we took spiller, and to date we havent been able to use him properly. i understand you like best, and thats fine, but the title almost sounds as if you are glad to see spiller struggle just so you can say you were right.

Also, fact is Best has missed more time than spiller due to injury in his career, it should be a slight concern.

Instead of comparing the two, I think we can make an even fairer assumption based on Best vs. Spiller. A lot of us preached after the draft that you can find a RB anywhere. The fact that this team is so void of talent and we took a RB, while we already have two good one's is a joke. It's why the are the Buffalo Bills. Best was a second round pick this year, was he not? Running backs are a dime a dozen. Hell, look at all the backups that played yesterday and how good of days they had.

BUILD A DAMN LINE, and then choose your toys. Especially when your team already has Fred Jackson and Marshawn. The ineptness of this team is mind boggling. And the fans who buy into their crap is even worse. This team is run so ridiculously horrid it's a joke.

I would LOVE to see the proof that either of those 2 scenarios was viable, Do you have a Link perhaps? or a first hand knowledge from the war room on draft day?

Thats right, you dont. Facts are that we took spiller, and to date we havent been able to use him properly. i understand you like best, and thats fine, but the title almost sounds as if you are glad to see spiller struggle just so you can say you were right.

Also, fact is Best has missed more time than spiller due to injury in his career, it should be a slight concern.

Here's another fact. We already had two good RB's. Why in the hell did we take another one, when this team is so void of talent everywhere but secondary?

Mind boggling. It's now indefensible the way this team operates.

Here's another fact. We already had two good RB's. Why in the hell did we take another one, when this team is so void of talent everywhere but secondary?

Mind boggling. It's now indefensible the way this team operates.

funny how you condemn the team for not having talent, yet berate their decision to acquire talent.

It's posts like this that make it hard to come here sometimes.

*Think*

To blame Spiller or even consider him inferior or superior to anybody after 2 games in which he has hardly been given an opportunity...BRAINLESS.

No. We couldn't have passed on a better player at 9. Nix knows WAY TOO MUCH about football to make an error like that.

It's posts like this that make it hard to come here sometimes.

*Think*

To blame Spiller or even consider him inferior or superior to anybody after 2 games in which he has hardly been given an opportunity...BRAINLESS.

Come on. Spiller went at 9 overall. Best went at 30. Read the pre-draft discussions. Spiller was clearly thought to be better (probably 5 of 6 analysts had him higher), but they were basically the same player with similar attributes and upside.

Doesn't it at all bother you that we took a guy 21 spots earlier than the other guy given that it was basically a coin-flip proposition as to who would be better?