Little doubt our O-Line is the NFL's worst now

billsfreak

Edwards is complete and absolute garbage. I'd honestly be all for cutting him immediately. He has no fire and no competitive drive. Sure the OL is bad, but Edwards makes the situation even worse. He has no desire to succeed and win. Even when he has time he does absolutely nothing, except for throw for 3 yards on 3rd and 10, and run OB on 4th and 11. We could have the Hogs from the 1980's redskins, and Edwards would still be a big steaming pile of crap.

Actually, i'm wrong. At least steaming crap has some value, as you can get warmth from it. Edwards has zero value.

Edited by Ramius

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Offensive Line was even more pathetic this week than last week, and to be honest I wasn't sure that was possible. We will have the Edwards Haters Club full of idiots (like Benjamin Button) who will try to blame it all on the QB but that will just be a display of their ignorance. He had no time at all today, then on the few plays when he was given time, the recievers would drop the ball. The first three pass plays were two sacks and a ball that hit Fred Jackson in the hands and he didn't catch it (same as the first pass last week-is there a pattern here?). Even the announcers stated that is doesn't matter who the quarterback is, if they don't block or catch the ball the QB won't be successful. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB. He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender. This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

hahaha...it just never stops on this board...

No one is claiming the O Line to be any good, but geezus dude if you cant see that Trent is not an NFL caliber QB then maybe you should start watching another sport. The O Line is not at all good, but Trent is worse and actually makes the O Line even worse and the run game suffer. Trent is literally a cancer to this offense eating it up from the inside.

The best part is that Trent has not been good in college or the pros...but keep making excuses for him, I am sure he appreciates the comfort.

Lets see, Bell is struggling, Levitre is struggling, Hangartner isn't the answer at center, Wood is recovering, and Green is pitiful. Edwards is a schmuck.

Cornell Green is terrible - the middle 3 Wood, Hang, and Levitre seem ok but we desperately need to draft a 1st round offensive tackle. We can't have Mike Williams nightmares forever

Edwards is complete and absolute garbage. I'd honestly be all for cutting him immediately. He has no fire and no competitive drive. Sure the OL is bad, but Edwards makes the situation even worse. He has no desire to succeed and win. Even when he has time he does absolutely nothing, except for throw for 3 yards on 3rd and 10, and run OB on 4th and 11. We could have the Hogs from the 1980's redskins, and Edwards would still be a big steaming pile of crap.

Actually, i'm wrong. At least steaming crap has some value, as you can get warmth from it. Edwards has zero value.

That is one great avatar Ramius

:D

Ahh, the Official "It's not Edward's fault!" thread.

He's just as bad as the O-line. Let it go.

Amen brother. These threads are getting really really tired. Edwards is a bum. Yes the line has big problems but Edwards is an even bigger problem. That guy is a joke and there are still some brain damaged idiots out there that think he is a star in need of a better line.

Edited by PDaDdy

Trent is the worst in the NFL. He will never start for another team besides the Bills. Once he is off the team, you will never hear from him again.

So True. If Trent got realeased today (which he should) I gurarantee you another team wouldn't pick him up.

4th down and 11, Bills down by 27 points, nothing to lose, no worry about an Interception, and the moron runs the ball out of bounds, he was too scared to throw the ball down field even in that situation.

I have been watching Matt Schaub play against the Redskins, he has been sacked five times and been under duress every time he goes to throw the ball all day long. His two wide receivers have caught 22 passes between them, Schaub has 400 yards down field. A real Quarterback throws the ball down field, only 1 pass thrown to your number one receiver. I am sorry sir, you are wrong, this is not about the O-Line, Trent Edwards is the worst Quarterback in the NFL period!

Yeah, back when David Carr was Houston's QB, it was generally accepted that the Texans had the worst OLine in the league. Now that he's been replaced by Schaub, you don't hear that anymore, even though the Oline is still leaky.

Amazing what a QB who has a clue can do when he gets on the field, even when it's behind a subpar line.

Bell definitely isn't a pro bowler. But he's turning into a league average pass blocker. And he was definitely our best lineman today. But yea TE sucks I agree with you there. Just pay attention to the LT substitutions next week.

Bell did a good job against his man all game along except for one play as he stuffed Matthews a few times. My biggest gripe is why bring in a BACKUP on 4th and 11 and let him get abused? Gailey is overthinking himself in trying to protect Bell; if you want to spell somebody spell Green!

I don't think you'll find a poster any where that claims we have a great O line. But, there's not a person alive that can watch Trent play and conclude that he's even a serviceable QB. The line as bad as they may be are not as bad as the QB is.

My question is... how stubborn is Chan going to be and insist that Trent is his guy when it's so obvious that he's made the wrong decision? He has 2 consecutive weeks with less than 200 yards of total offense to show for the season. How bad does it have to get to swallow his pride?

From the Blinding Glimpse of the obvious department.

Trent stinks, the O line stinks, we have no TE, we have one WR of note this also makes the running game predictable and easy to stop. This team is in real trouble and is many years from being competitive. If you put Trent behind the best line in the NFL he would be a different QB, he doesn't have that luxury and will likely be sitting in a bar in a couple of years saying that if any other team other than the BIlls had drafted him he might still be in the NFL.

I wish we would have actually been drafting for the O-Line these past few years. We would have Oher-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Buluga. Besides Hangartner, that is a good, really young line. And wed only be giving up Maybin who sucks and Spiller who we havent been able to use. O well thats in the past. The only thing is that this offseason we will most likely have to draft a QB and hell be stuck behind this same horrible line

So true. Good post. I would hate to have to be a QB or RB playing with that offensive line. It is amazing how bad our line has been and for so long.

Of course, there is no doubt that the haters on this board have and will blame everything on the QB. The sooner we improve the offensive line, the sooner we will have a good team (whoever the QB is). It makes me sick to my stomach to watch every defense blow up on line even when they are rushing fewer rushers.

The whole thing makes me very depressed.

The Offensive Line was even more pathetic this week than last week, and to be honest I wasn't sure that was possible. We will have the Edwards Haters Club full of idiots (like Benjamin Button) who will try to blame it all on the QB but that will just be a display of their ignorance. He had no time at all today, then on the few plays when he was given time, the recievers would drop the ball. The first three pass plays were two sacks and a ball that hit Fred Jackson in the hands and he didn't catch it (same as the first pass last week-is there a pattern here?). Even the announcers stated that is doesn't matter who the quarterback is, if they don't block or catch the ball the QB won't be successful. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB. He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender. This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

So true. Good post. I would hate to have to be a QB or RB playing with that offensive line. It is amazing how bad our line has been and for so long.

Of course, there is no doubt that the haters on this board have and will blame everything on the QB. The sooner we improve the offensive line, the sooner we will have a good team (whoever the QB is). It makes me sick to my stomach to watch every defense blow up on line even when they are rushing fewer rushers.

The whole thing makes me very depressed.

Getting a real QB in here will improve the team much faster than getting the equivalent OT.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB.

The bold part says it all. This is Trent's 4th year, and you are still not sure? And you dare to question others football knowledge? That's a hoot.

He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender.

If it walks like a Trent apologist and talks like a Trent apologist ...

You're too busy looking for excuses for Trent, you seem to fail to see the big picture. If Miami playing all 11 guys no more than 5 yards off the LOS wasn't a big !@#$ing clue, then you will never be convinced.

This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

Here's something funny. 3/5's of the Bills starting OL (4/6's if count Meredith) have been in the NFL LESS than Trentative Backwards.

Based on that time frame, you know without question, the OL sucks, but with Edwards, you're still not sure.

Instead of worrying about the magical mystical great OL Trent HAS to have so he can be "properly evaluated", how about the Bills play another QB so they can determine just how bad the OL really is?

Or are you afraid Backwards will get outplayed by a career backup (AGAIN), or worse, that PS reject from another team?

Well said. Don't worry though, the haters are unable to see the forest from the trees. As Tom Brady showed against the Ravens in the playoffs last year, even the very best QBs in the NFL are are not very good when they are getting the sh*t kicked out of them.

That line gets blown up both on the edge and in the middle. It makes me sick to my stomach to see how much time the opposition offensive line give to their QBs and the holes that they give to their RBs.

And get said QB killed.

Every QB the Bills have brought in for the past decade has exhibited the same problems. What's the constant?

Edited by Peter

That is pretty accurate. To blame everything on the QB is wrong, because the o-line sucks. To say Edwards is a good QB is wrong, because he is horrible. The offensive line, QB, and TEs are a complete joke. Really - a parade of fools.

Lets see, Bell is struggling, Levitre is struggling, Hangartner isn't the answer at center, Wood is recovering, and Green is pitiful. Edwards is a schmuck.

Even when Edwards DOES have time to step up into the pocket to make a throw he gets rid of the ball to early. Either dumped off to a back or a WR 3-5 yards in the middle of the field. Yeah, our offensive line has been bad but our biggest problem is the quarterback situation.

IMO Edwards is the worst of all the quarterbacks. I have never seen a quarterback in the NFL that is either afraid or unwilling to make a 10-20 yard throw. How often are we going to see 3rd and long (8+) yards and have him throw to a rb/wr/te 3 yards downfield. :wallbash: