Such a proud moment....

Magox

Yes, indeed, it was such a proud moment to nominate Elizabeth Warren as special assistant to the assitant of the secretary of Treasury.

So proud, that he bypassed the normal Senate confirmation process to create a whole new Regulatory body all in the name of :

“President Obama understands the importance of leveling the playing field again for families and creating protections that work not just for the wealthy or connected, but for every American."

We know, it's all about leveling the playing field. In other words, Those of you who have, are gonna pay!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This nomination is the first one by Obama that I truly love with all my heart. There is no way she was going to make it past the Republican nomination blocking machine, the right hates her. So Obama did indeed take the quick and easy route. I'm proud of him for once.

Ahh, Connor, do you dress up in a deer suit and walk the woods on opening day of deer season too?

Yes, indeed, it was such a proud moment to nominate Elizabeth Warren as special assistant to the assitant of the secretary of Treasury.

So proud, that he bypassed the normal Senate confirmation process to create a whole new Regulatory body all in the name of :

We know, it's all about leveling the playing field. In other words, Those of you who have, are gonna pay!

Link? Because I unfortunately don't know what you're talking about.

MORE class warfare....yes....YES!!!!!......"level" the playing field to get even with those evil RRRRRRRIIIIICHHHHHH people!

He cant order Marine One to liftoff without pitting one group of Americans against another.....or bitching about those "out to get him."

Obama is such a little man.

Edited by RkFast

This nomination is the first one by Obama that I truly love with all my heart. There is no way she was going to make it past the Republican nomination blocking machine, the right hates her. So Obama did indeed take the quick and easy route. I'm proud of him for once.

I wasn't sure how much I liked or disliked this move, but based on this quote, my instincts tell me it's likely to be one of Obama's more ridiculous appointments.

Link? Because I unfortunately don't know what you're talking about.

http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=acu._2eZ_0TA&pos=9

President Barack Obama appointed Harvard law professor Elizabeth Warren an adviser to help shape the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, calling her “one of the country’s fiercest advocates for the middle class.”

Warren will be an assistant to the president and a special adviser to Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner with the assignment of setting up the agency, which was established by this year’s Wall Street financial regulatory overhaul.

“The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will be a watchdog for the American consumer, charged with enforcing the toughest financial protections in history,” Obama said at a White House Rose Garden announcement flanked by Warren and Geithner.

Yes, of course. I also wear a duck suit during duck season, and a fish suit during fish hunting season.

Are you serious? Fish hunting season? I guess you wouldn't have to dress any differently for idiot hunting season though.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Yeah, that'll go well.

President Barack Obama appointed Harvard law professor Elizabeth Warren an adviser to help shape the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, calling her “one of the country’s fiercest advocates for the middle class.”

Don't know whether to laugh at the obvious contradiction of a Harvard Law prof standing up for the hoi polloi, or cry because he actually believes it.

Two things I noticed about Obama today during his speech.

(1) He keeps talking about how this agency is going to ensure that people will no longer be subjected to contracts that can't be read or understood, and yet here we are almost a year after he signs the health care bill, and not a person is able to read or understand it. He must really think we're dolts.

(2) The only time we hear Obama use the words "We just can't afford it" is in reference to the idea of not letting the Bush tax cuts expire. Just once I'd like him to look at a spending bill and use those same words. Just once.

I wasn't sure how much I liked or disliked this move, but based on this quote, my instincts tell me it's likely to be one of Obama's more ridiculous appointments.

Let's put it this way,

They are out to "protect the middle class".

They will "level the playing field again for families and creating protections that work not just for the wealthy".

They will create a whole new Regulatory agency which eventually will lead to thousands of new employees that are looking to find a bunch of boogymen. Let me tell you this as well, I worked in the Financial services industry, I can tell you that regulators are out to get you. Even if there isn't anything there, they will find something. I worked for a commodity brokerage unit, and the regulatory body was the NFA and CFTC, and we use to get audited once a year, they would be there for about a week or so. Listening to all our conversations, looking through records etc. And they never could find anything substantive, but they HAVE to come back to their bosses with something. One time after a week and a half of auditing our brokerage unit, they stated to our upper ups, that our unit was as compliant of a unit as they have ever seen. And we had a perfect bill of approval, a month later we got a notice that they found a couple of infractions, even though at the time of the audit, they couldn't find anything.

My point is that when you create a regulatory body, specially one that is hell-bent on "leveling the playing field", it will impede progress from these financial companies. This is a new regulatory body that will oversee mortgages, credit cards, layaway plans and other consumer credit products. It's going to be a very powerful regulatory body.

As I always note, liberals have many well-intentioned pieces of legislation, the problem is that they don't have the ability to foresee the unintended consequences of their decisions. I don't know how many times we have brought this up, before these things came into law. Credit Card legislation, the Health insurance Bill, the clawback of the HomeBuyer Tax credit, the stimulus bill. We warned of the consequences of these bills before they became law, and we were right about each and every single one of them.

THis is what will happen as a result of this regulatory body. Every single loan that is offered after this regulatory body is in place, will end up with a higher interest rate than if this entity didn't exist. Guess who will subsidize these costs? You got it, "leveling the playing field" is where the answer lies. There will be less loans available ranging from the auto sector to business loans and credit from credit cards.

But whatever, the progressives are happy, and that's what matters.

Edited by Magox

Let's put it this way,

They are out to "protect the middle class".

They will "level the playing field again for families and creating protections that work not just for the wealthy".

They will create a whole new Regulatory agency which eventually will lead to thousands of new employees that are looking to find a bunch of boogymen. Let me tell you this as well, I worked in the Financial services industry, I can tell you that regulators are out to get you. Even if there isn't anything there, they will find something. I worked for a commodity brokerage unit, and the regulatory body was the NFA and CFTC, and we use to get audited once a year, they would be there for about a week or so. Listening to all our conversations, looking through records etc. And they never could find anything substantive, but they HAVE to come back to their bosses with something. One time after a week and a half of auditing our brokerage unit, they stated to our upper ups, that our unit was as compliant of a unit as they have ever seen. And we had a perfect bill of approval, a month later we got a notice that they found a couple of infractions, even though at the time of the audit, they couldn't find anything.

My point is that when you create a regulatory body, specially one that is hell-bent on "leveling the playing field", it will impede progress from these financial companies. This is a new regulatory body that will oversee mortgages, credit cards, layaway plans and other consumer credit products. It's going to be a very powerful regulatory body.

As I always note, liberals have many well-intentioned pieces of legislation, the problem is that they don't have the ability to foresee the unintended consequences of their decisions. I don't know how many times we have brought this up, before these things came into law. Credit Card legislation, the Health insurance Bill, the clawback of the HomeBuyer Tax credit, the stimulus bill. We warned of the consequences of these bills before they became law, and we were right about each and every single one of them.

THis is what will happen as a result of this regulatory body. Every single loan that is offered after this regulatory body is in place, will end up with a higher interest rate than if this entity didn't exist. Guess who will subsidize these costs? You got it, "leveling the playing field" is where the answer lies. There will be less loans available ranging from the auto sector to business loans and credit from credit cards.

But whatever, the progressives are happy, and that's what matters.

They will

I think the first act of the new president should be to appoint a new czar. We could call him/her the "Undo Czar", "Take Back America Czar" or just plain "Change it Back Czar". Anything to get rid of all of the unnecessary levels of new government.

Edited by 3rdnlng

So when big, bad companies take the "quick and easy route" with the law, the government needs to form yet another agency to combat it. When the government does the same with regard to the Constitution, you truly love it with all your heart.

!@#$ing idiot.

So when big, bad companies take the "quick and easy route" with the law, the government needs to form yet another agency to combat it. When the government does the same with regard to the Constitution, you truly love it with all your heart.

!@#$ing idiot.

Oh ok. What is the exact Section and line of the Constitution that he violated?