Dear Trent Edwards

Buffaloed82

The other common thing between that drive and Trent's success in pre season was that it was obviously a blown coverage. 2/3s of Trent's TD passes this season have been against blown coverages (the one to Lee in preseason being the other). Does that bother anyone else. Kindof goes along with the theory that he won't throw to a receiver unless he is college open.

That has been his problem since the beginning. He doesn't like to throw into coverage. Even though the receiver might be open at some point, if there is coverage there, he will not chance a throw into it. Notice on a lot of the dump off throws, he hits the checkdown receiver while they are standing still instead of leading them. On the few throws he does attempt over the middle or to the outside, he hits the receiver while they are standing there. How many times did we see Josh Reed catch the ball with his feet still. That guy needed the ball while he was moving, that was his strength, to get the ball and run after the catch. He does the same thing to Lee, unless of course he is chucking it downfield and praying that Evans can run under it.

The touchdown to Roscoe Sunday only happened because RP got open. Wide Open. Had there been a corner close, that throw would never have been made.

Edwards needs to take the tampon out and throw like a man for once. He does not have the mental fortitude(large enough sack) to be a successful QB in the NFL, IMO.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Trent,

Please either play amazing on Sunday or just go away. It would nice to get past this same topic, over and over (tastes great, less filling) blah, blah, blah… and on to the next QB so all the armchair experts can dissect why they are not franchise signal callers.

You see, we used to have Jim Kelly as a QB and while many discussions predate this board, many folks were sure in the mid 1980's that he was the problem with the Bills and was not cut out to be an NFL QB. After they were wrong about him, those same pessimists had to shut up for a little while but since then we have seen 1 decent QB, 1 sort of gadgety but popular QB and many more lousy ex-QB's. (I won't name who I think they are as that will just be another debate) This pattern has allowed the negativity to spread like a virus. The number of self gratifying "I told you so's" has increased sharply and every QB that hits free agency is the solution. The hate induced posts comprise the bulk of the boards content. Being a Bills fan is harder than ever.

Believe me Trent, I was not accusing you of being Jim Kelly or saying that the pessimists are wrong. The probability that they are right is growing every day. Jim Kelly, never in his life would have not thrown the ball on those two last series of the game against Miami. He may have thrown a pick 6 in both series trying to fit it into some ridiculous quadruple coverage window, but not hang on to it. If you were like ol' #12 Everyone would have known if it was your fault or Bell's when you got drilled in the back by Dansby because Jimbo would have been in the left tackles grill telling him so. You should watch some of his film. Guy's moxie was legendary. If you just sniffed one of his old jocks it might give you the boost you need.

I don't care if you turn out to be Joe Montana or Jamarcus Russell just make up your mind and do it now, this week, Sunday and let's move on in one direction or another. QB purgatory is the worst place for the fans to be and you seem to keep doing just enough to hang around but not enough to stake your claim on the job. Either strap the team on your back and win the game or fake turf toe and do your best to keep the clip board dry.

Best wishes and good luck,

BillsFaninMaryland

(Over 20 years of Fanhood)

P.S. If Clay Mathews gets a free release like Dansby had, he may separate your head from your body, so watch out for that.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I hope he has a terrible game simply so this botched experiment can end. If he has a decent to excellent game against GB it only lends to false hope. The coaching staff will leave him in there for another future (not so distant) let down. Regardless of O-line protection, the guy can't and WON'T make the throws. It's over already....

Dear Trent Edwards:

Please shave your head immediately. This obsession with ridiculous hair styles and sideburn experiments needs to come to an end. You are clearly more concerned with the state of your "doo" than you are opposing defenses, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Amen.

You forgot to tell him and all those other whippersnappers to stay off your lawn.

Dear Trent Edwards,

I understand that you have spent the past 4 years under Dick Jauron who believed in Ball control and never taking risks and this is the reason you are so "trentative" on the field.

Please do yourself a favor and realize that if you do throw an interception DOWNFIELD that it won't be the end of the world...you might even complete the pass you nancy boy #$@%.

LETS GO BUFFALO

Wow! "Nancy boy." Very retro of you.

You forgot to tell him and all those other whippersnappers to stay off your lawn.

If he steps foot on my lawn, he's getting sacked

i came into the season fully behind him with the expectation that chan can make a slightly less poor mans tyler thigpen out of him

my confidence was shaken badly watching that fkn moron hold onto the ball when there were only about two plays left to try to get a td

he needs a total turnaround starting just about now to avoid being tossed onto the scrap heap. honest to god, at this point id rather see 0 TD 2 INT as long as he is taking some real shots downfield on a consistent basis. the pack is vastly superior and likely to steamroll us no matter what. take your shots like a man and come what may

Trent threads have come....and gone...for three years now. The only thing that interests me now is what kind of coach Chan is. If...no, sorry, as Trent continues to panic and check down on three man rushes....will Chan pull him and how soon will that happen? After last week, I give Trent the Green Bay game to show some skills and toughness or to get yanked and cut. In your hearts we all know it's time to move on.

If I'm wrong and he blossoms, I welcome the beating I will take on TSW as we will have a real QB. If I'm right, we need to mitigate the damage now and put a guy in with some upside.

Believe me. I don't care if he throws 180 and a TD. If he looks shaky, indecisive and bewildered, and throws 180 or 200 and 1 TD, I still want him gone. Let Fitzpatrick finish the year out.

No way. We know Fitz is not the answer long term. Why do we want to win more games and get a worse draft pick? If your going to pull Trent then go with Broom. We may lose even more or maybe find out if that guy can play. We ain't making the playoffs with any of them this year anyway. So if you are thinking next year already...find out if Broom can play. I hope I am wrong and they win 10 games. Last week was depressing...Yet another game they stay in long enough to make you watch the entire game...only to lose.

No way. We know Fitz is not the answer long term. Why do we want to win more games and get a worse draft pick? If your going to pull Trent then go with Broom. We may lose even more or maybe find out if that guy can play. We ain't making the playoffs with any of them this year anyway. So if you are thinking next year already...find out if Broom can play. I hope I am wrong and they win 10 games. Last week was depressing...Yet another game they stay in long enough to make you watch the entire game...only to lose.

Broom is the answer.

If he steps foot on my lawn, he's getting sacked

He's getting sacked regardless. I'm pretty sure he gets sacked while he's pumping gas, buying eggs, and making cookies.

I stopped reading after "why do we want to win more games..."

Guest dog14787

Dear Buffalo Bills management,

When compared man per man, the Buffalo Bills have one of the most inexperienced, untalented offenses in the NFL. Goes for WR's, TE's O-line, the whole works, (oh, but we may have a RB or two),that combined with installing a whole new offense, new coaching staff, everything new,

Yet everyone wants to blame our QB for the first loss :thumbdown: (you guys are brilliant)

How about getting some help on the O-line,(tackle positions mainly) a top notch TE and some WR's so we can stop hearing all this BS about our QB :censored:

Dear Buffalo Bills management,

When compared man per man, the Buffalo Bills have one of the most inexperienced, untalented offenses in the NFL. Goes for WR's, TE's O-line, the whole works, (oh, but we may have a RB or two),that combined with installing a whole new offense, new coaching staff, everything new,

Yet everyone wants to blame our QB for the first loss :thumbdown: (you guys are brilliant)

How about getting some help on the O-line,(tackle positions mainly) a top notch TE and some WR's so we can stop hearing all this BS about our QB :censored:

At least everyone else on offense is "trying" to do their jobs as poorly as it may be. Trent could have the great wall of China infront of him and he would still refuse to throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open. So by that logic he deserves the most blame for what we witnessed Sunday (which isn't any different then several games last year). So I would rather see Fitz or Brohm in there throwing the ball around as ugly as it may be. Do I expect them to make us contenders....absolutely not, but at least they would try to move the ball.

Guest dog14787

At least everyone else on offense is "trying" to do their jobs as poorly as it may be. Trent could have the great wall of China infront of him and he would still refuse to throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open. So by that logic he deserves the most blame for what we witnessed Sunday (which isn't any different then several games last year). So I would rather see Fitz or Brohm in there throwing the ball around as ugly as it may be. Do I expect them to make us contenders....absolutely not, but at least they would try to move the ball.

Funny when Gailey was asked about throwing down field he said we took four or five shots just like he intended,

Chan Gailey is the only person who knows for sure what TE's performance was like and he didn't seem to like the idea of Trent taking all the blame, but knew(from an average fan standpoint)it just goes with the territory.

You guys need to stop all this nonsense and give the NEW Coaching staff/TE and the whole offense a chance to get on track, despite the inexperience and unproven talent we can and will compete in my opinion,

and Gailey is going to make a fool out of everyone of you who is so convinced TE is a bad QB

So how bout it everyone, join the fools club, misery loves company :thumbsup:

Edited by dog14787

Funny when Gailey was asked about throwing down field he said we took four or five shots just like he intended,

Chan Gailey is the only person who knows for sure what TE's performance was like and he didn't seem to like the idea of Trent getting all the blame, but knew(from an average fan standpoint)it just goes with the territory.

You guys need to stop all this nonsense and give the Coaching staff/TE and the whole offense a chance to get on track, despite the inexperience and unproven talent we can and will compete in my opinion,

and Gailey is going to make a fool out of everyone of you who is so convinced TE is a bad QB

So how bout it everyone, join the fools club, misery loves company :thumbsup:

It is not like I don't want him to succeed, I will gladly be the first in line for you to say I told you so.