Buddy Nix Doesn't Think Much of McNabb?

To me, the real news by far from Buddy's address was that he acknowledged that Urbik could be the successor to Cornell Green at right tackle. I hadn't heard before that that Urbik would be anything other than an interior lineman.

And I liked his response to the question about Green's play - "I watched the same game you did."

And I liked his response to the question about Green's play - "I watched the same game you did."

I like how many people there are who hate green and then go on to say Buddy Nix is old and out of touch...it's like it never crosses their mind that you can know you have a problem and not have a perfect solution. But Peter Glazer Mortenson John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidht says that some player is on the block and despite the fact they say this about hundreds of players every season who are not they froth at the mouth for the Bills to do whatever it takes.

I've always wondered what it was like to be depressed and wear black eyeliner. I think these people can tell me.

Did anyone else pick up on Nix's MMQB Club question and answer session when he was asked about comparing McNabb's vettern performance in the win vesus Edwards' skitish performmance in our loss? His answer started out with something about McNabb's completion percentage (being less than or right about 50%) and said that those stats won't win you many games. Then went on to say, "I'm not a Donovan McNabb guy." He then backtracks to talk about how McNabb is a professional and has done it for a while.

I thought it was interesting that he said he wasn't a fan of McNabb, given all of the talk about trading for him in the offseason and how we were supposed to be after him. I wonder if that was true. I wonder if Nix thinks McNabb is past his expiration date so to speak.

He is still pissed that McNabb told the Eagles there is no way he would accept a trade to Buffalo

Or the explanation can be as simple as Nix & the Bills scouting staff not liking McNabb.

. . . or maybe Buddy did not go after McNabb in the off season.

So the ineptitude of our front office is still at an all-time high...and this would go to prove it, if true!

Edwards+Fitzpatrick+Brohm+Brown < Donovan McNabb

Has Wailey accepted his promotion yet? :worthy:

Did anyone else pick up on Nix's MMQB Club question and answer session when he was asked about comparing McNabb's vettern performance in the win vesus Edwards' skitish performmance in our loss? His answer started out with something about McNabb's completion percentage (being less than or right about 50%) and said that those stats won't win you many games. Then went on to say, "I'm not a Donovan McNabb guy." He then backtracks to talk about how McNabb is a professional and has done it for a while.

I thought it was interesting that he said he wasn't a fan of McNabb, given all of the talk about trading for him in the offseason and how we were supposed to be after him. I wonder if that was true. I wonder if Nix thinks McNabb is past his expiration date so to speak.

If Nix thinks Trent is better than McNabb he should be fired immediately.

He should then be admitted to a mental institution in Vienna where the world's finest doctors can examine his brain...like they did with the Elephant Man.

If Nix thinks Trent is better than McNabb he should be fired immediately.

He should then be admitted to a mental institution in Vienna where the world's finest doctors can examine his brain...like they did with the Elephant Man.

He never said he thought Trent was better than McNabb. You can think McNabb is the superior QB and not the right move.

You may want to check that clinic yourself and see if it treats depression.

McNabb wouldn't have been a good fit anyway. In 2 to 3 years when we're rebuilt and ready to roll he's going to be in his late 30s. And let's not kid ourselves, this guy's no Brett Favre.

JMO but I disagree. Lukewarm on DM's personality but like what he does on a football field. Forget the stat line for a minute - I thought he actually looked very good against a tough Dallas defence with limited weapons at his disposal. Hit receivers in the hands a couple of times, which balls they dropped. Looked in shape and quite mobile for playing on a gimpy ankle. DM has been reasonably durable over the years (everybody falls short of Brett Favre in that area)and I see no evidence that he shouldn't be a superior QB for the next three to four years. I saw him make some throws against Dallas that I have not seen here for many years. Our receivers and our passing game would look a whole lot different with him under centre. You would not recognize them. He would give them a chance to make plays and give us a better idea of exactly what weve got. I also think he would have been a perfect mentor to the guy we are going to draft next year, whoever that is (I like A Luck, if he declares).

McNabb looked terrible, IMO.

Nice release, nice velocity on the ball, but he missed and had terrible accuracy. After watching the game, I noted that it will be interesting to see if he improves as the year progresses. I personally think that he will.

What I found most interesting is that I expected so much more from the Redskins that what was shown against the Cowboys. I feel that the Redskins for the past decade have been a mirror image of the Bills- with the exception of the owners- 1 spent to high heaven and had terrible results, and the other (Ralphie) spent too little (or too much on the wrong players- I still miss Fletcher, Pat Williams, and Winfield; sorry Kelsay) and we got what we paid for. Otherwise, both the Skins and the Bills have had terrible drafts, horrible free agents, horrendous coaches, and forgettable GM's.

Now, Washington went big with Allen and Shanahan. Traded for McNabb and the RT from the Saints. And drafted a LT #1. These are all things I wanted the Bills to do. And yet, despite the new leadership, proven GM, proven QB, solid offensive tackles...they still were trying to give the Cowboys the game. Fortunately for them, the Cowboys tried harder, so the 'Skins won.

Suddenly I'm not feeling so bad that we didn't follow that strategy.

The season will play out, and I'll have a better understanding at the end. But, man...if the first game is an indicator, we did not do too bad this offseason after all.

So the ineptitude of our front office is still at an all-time high...and this would go to prove it, if true!

Edwards+Fitzpatrick+Brohm+Brown < Donovan McNabb

Has Wailey accepted his promotion yet? :worthy:

With our OL and McNabb's general ineptitude and penchant for choking, we would have been no better off. Plus we would have added drama which this team certainly does not need. McNabb would be a Donahoe-type move which is little more than a marketing ploy. The good GMs know when to say no and I am firmly in Nix's camp on this one.

With our OL and McNabb's general ineptitude and penchant for choking, we would have been no better off. Plus we would have added drama which this team certainly does not need. McNabb would be a Donahoe-type move which is little more than a marketing ploy. The good GMs know when to say no and I am firmly in Nix's camp on this one.

When do you get off the snide though? If you won't bring in better players until the situation is right and you already have better players, then when do you bring in the better players?

Hmmmm...except it was probably Donovan who said no. Just sayin.

I never really knew the etymology of the term "sour grapes", though I've used it plenty. Anyhow, here it is:

Origin of SOUR GRAPES

from the fable ascribed to Aesop of the fox who after finding himself unable to reach some grapes he had desired disparaged them as sour

First Known Use: 1760

(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sour+grapes)