A Solution to the QB Problem

Chan is an offensive innovator and outside the box thinker. Perhaps the Bills should really shake things up, and utilize the strength of their team (running backs) in more wildcat type formations.

In fact, maybe the Bills should be the first team to completely eliminate the quarterback position from their offense.

Chan could really create a name for himself and a legacy in the game. It sounds crazy, but then again if you think about it, the wildcat formation itself sounds kind of crazy. How can you effectively run the ball if you don't have a quarterback in there? I don't know, but with the extra blocker it provides teams do it all the time out of the wildcat.

I want to see Jackson running the option to Spiller! Or some sort of triple option with Lynch going inside, Jackson running outside, and Spiller using a WR reverse type of motion. Instead of Wildcat, they could call it the Triple Bison or the Thundering Buffalo or something.

Also, don't forget which player has the best arm on the team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLDZbImFKVo

Okay maybe completely removing the QB is a litte far fetched, but I would like to see them try some more Triple Bison packages.

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Chan is an offensive innovator and outside the box thinker. Perhaps the Bills should really shake things up, and utilize the strength of their team (running backs) in more wildcat type formations.

In fact, maybe the Bills should be the first team to completely eliminate the quarterback position from their offense.

Chan could really create a name for himself and a legacy in the game. It sounds crazy, but then again if you think about it, the wildcat formation itself sounds kind of crazy. How can you effectively run the ball if you don't have a quarterback in there? I don't know, but with the extra blocker it provides teams do it all the time out of the wildcat.

The Wildcat is nothing more than the single wing option. Been around for decades.

And what you are proposing is not "new". It's old, about 80-90 years old.

Back then, there was little to no passing what so ever.

I want to see Jackson running the option to Spiller! Or some sort of triple option with Lynch going inside, Jackson running outside, and Spiller using a WR reverse type of motion.

Excellent! Can't wait for the reappearance of the Wishbone!

It killed me that they went away from it so quickly on Sunday. The first play was positive. Then they went right back to it (which I love - keep running a play until they stop it.) and they ended up getting a penalty. Chan seemed to lose his nerve after that and we never saw it again. Triple Bison!!!!

The same idea occurred to me several times during Sunday's game. I say go for it. Maybe not 100% of the time, but why not have our base offense be reminiscent of the Single Wing? (Actually, we should probably just run the Wing-T, but it apparently takes a couple of years to really learn.) We can throw a QB out there in obvious passing situations or 2-minute drills, but other than that, let's go for the Triple Bison. What's the downside? We lose? We're already doing that! At least it's an attempt to shake things up.

Plus, Marshawn & Fred have both shown some success on HB passes (I think Marshawn also had a few at Cal), and Spiller might have a decent arm as well. Who says we have to run every time?

The main problem with this idea (besides the fact that no NFL coach is ballsy enough to try it) is that our TEs are crappy. If we're going to be running 90% of the time, we'd need at least 2 TEs who are solid blockers. Maybe we could have Meredith play TE or something. But there doesn't seem to be much point in having any non-Lee Evans WRs on the field.

TRIPLE BISON FOR THE WIN!

It'd be better than the lame wildcat that some teams run where they actually put the quarterback split out wide. Talk about a waste of 1/11th of your team.

I wanted to call that formation The Thundercat tho, but I'll settle for Triple Bison.

Play to your strengths.

I want to see Jackson running the option to Spiller! Or some sort of triple option with Lynch going inside, Jackson running outside, and Spiller using a WR reverse type of motion. Instead of Wildcat, they could call it the Triple Bison or the Thundering Buffalo or something.

Also, don't forget which player has the best arm on the team:

youtube.com/watch?v=qLDZbImFKVo

Maybe not so far fetched but we would still need a back who would be a passing threat otherwise we will be pinned in on every play.

Okay maybe completely removing the QB is a litte far fetched, but I would like to see them try some more Triple Bison packages.