I hate Marv Levy

sharper802

I hate him for everything he did to this franchise. He was out-coached in all four Super Bowl games. He hired the undead to be the HC. Watching Ngata destroy the Jets offensive line and remembering how poorly and dirty Whitner played yesterday makes my head feel like it is going to explode. Don't tell me he was a figure head. He was in charge. The fact that he is now no where to be seen suggests he probably had the beginning stages of dementia and is probably gumming his food right now. Remember when Ralph had to tell him he couldn't be the GM and head coach. All the failed FA signings and wasted draft picks on trading up to get players no one wanted in the first place. I truly believe his name should be taken down off the wall until the Bills make the playoffs again. His tenure needs to be exorcised just like the Bartman ball needed to be blown up. His name should be pulled off the wall followed by a moment of silence and a joyous rebirth.

Real nice. I love how some of you make comments about older people. I hope you have to take care of your parents or grandparents some day or maybe you are lucky enough to be that age some day. Hate what he did as GM but the old man comments bother me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Marv like I love one of my own grandparents. You should be smacked repeatedly for not appreciating all of the joy he was in part responsible for bringing us in the late 80s' / early to mid 90s'. Why don't you go kick you dog for a while instead of posting asinine commentary.

Real nice. I love how some of you make comments about older people. I hope you have to take care of your parents or grandparents some day or maybe you are lucky enough to be that age some day. Hate what he did as GM but the old man comments bother me.

+1 Also, you really can't knock on Donte for Sunday, he was all over the field recording 9 tackles.

I agree that Marv Levy has set this franchise back at least three years. Good head coach, but he tarnished his legacy as the out matched GM. Just a shame. Not only should Haloti Ngata be a Bill, so should either Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis.

Or Davin Joseph, Nick Mangold, and Jeremy Trueblood. And that's just in 06.

I hate him for everything he did to this franchise. He was out-coached in all four Super Bowl games. He hired the undead to be the HC. Watching Ngata destroy the Jets offensive line and remembering how poorly and dirty Whitner played yesterday makes my head feel like it is going to explode. Don't tell me he was a figure head. He was in charge. The fact that he is now no where to be seen suggests he probably had the beginning stages of dementia and is probably gumming his food right now. Remember when Ralph had to tell him he couldn't be the GM and head coach. All the failed FA signings and wasted draft picks on trading up to get players no one wanted in the first place. I truly believe his name should be taken down off the wall until the Bills make the playoffs again. His tenure needs to be exorcised just like the Bartman ball needed to be blown up. His name should be pulled off the wall followed by a moment of silence and a joyous rebirth.

^

My nomination for worst post of the year.

Please try to grow up. Please.

Edited by Bob in STL

Are you retarded? You come into a Bills forum and announce that you hate Marv Levy? You are an ignorant sh#thead. The f'ing stupidity around hear is growing exponentially.

^

My nomination for worst post of the year.

Please try to grow up. Please.

I have to agree with Bob of St Louis this qualifies in the running for worst post of the year.

Keep in mind when he took over the team was in WORSE shape when he took over. He made mistakes but was here for two years.

In that time two of his picks have been to Pro Bowls, Whitner is a good player (KC's GM picked a safety with the 6th pick this year and a safety who got burned bad last night by A Gates), Poz is a good player. You should thank him for NOT taking Leinart with that number one pick like a lot of people wanted as that would have set the franchise back even further.

Not a great tenure by any means but some people have to let go of the venom.

+1 Also, you really can't knock on Donte for Sunday, he was all over the field recording 9 tackles.

I thought Whitner was VERY good considering the front 7s shaky performance. The DBs are really exceptional. Miami ran that screen pass with 6 people out in front and only Whitner and Florence to stop it....and they did. How some of those plays didn't go for HUGE gains is a credit to Donte and all the other DBs.

And....as much as I wanted Ngata (and still do), recall that the Bills were going for a 4-3 look at the time and wanted more Warren Sapp than Ted Washington. Whitner is a good, if not great player and a big reason why our DBs are the best in the league.

You'll drive yourself crazy with hindsight. Move on...

Nothin' but the best for Bills fans!

Nix should get more than one game, don't you think?

Unless CJ turns out to be the living incarnation of Gayle Sayers, his first draft was a failure. It failed to address any and all of the most pressing needs this team had. BPA will be proven yet again as a failed philosopy.

Hey, I resent that!! :censored:

If that really is you Marv (Hey, ya never know!), please excuse this idiotic post. You may have made some mistakes as gm, but you were a great coach. No one will ever bring a team to 4 straight superbowls. We would have won the first one if not for a handfull of plays(can't just blame norwood imo) So please excuse this guy for being an azz as he is just a passionate bills fan who wants to win.

Are you retarded? You come into a Bills forum and announce that you hate Marv Levy? You are an ignorant sh#thead. The f'ing stupidity around hear is growing exponentially.

I gotta agree with you. In fact, after reading everything after this first game I really don't know if i can take it anymore with some of you guys. It's getting so bad imo that it's just not that much fun coming here anymore. I wish I was around in the early years. I get jealous when I hear the old timers talk about how good it was. I'm seriously thinking about doing a TG or a Lori. It's just hard to believe some of you are BILLS fans.

I thought Whitner was VERY good considering the front 7s shaky performance. The DBs are really exceptional. Miami ran that screen pass with 6 people out in front and only Whitner and Florence to stop it....and they did. How some of those plays didn't go for HUGE gains is a credit to Donte and all the other DBs.

And....as much as I wanted Ngata (and still do), recall that the Bills were going for a 4-3 look at the time and wanted more Warren Sapp than Ted Washington. Whitner is a good, if not great player and a big reason why our DBs are the best in the league.

You'll drive yourself crazy with hindsight. Move on...

I thought Lil Donte was very shaky in coverage as usual. Still extremely inconsistent.

Unfortunately, Marv was not a "fine" coach. He was a overrated babysitter for a sickly talented team that Bill Polian put together. He was outcoached in all 4 Super Bowls and he made absolutely horrible descisions as a GM. He has some of the worst stats of coaches in the HOF. The other coaches that have not made it have rediculously high winning percentages. Marv doesn't have either. I'm not coming back to this post to justify what I wrote so don't bother to argue with me about it. Have fun with your beloved coach and GM and remember everytime we play horrible, or everytime Whitner misses a tackle, or everytime Poz gets injured, or everytime Lynch runs down another pedestrian, or everytime Trance Checkwards starts a football game, it's all because of your beloved Marv Levy.