Would you have changed quarterbacks at half time

I am not one of these fans that sits in a room bashing the quarterback. I realize that removing the starter is not always the answer, sometimes the change accomplishes very little and the team can become divided over who should start the following week.

I have to tell you, I was sure Gailey needed to do something to spark the team and I thought for sure Edwards would not start the 2nd half.

How about you?

I am not one of these fans that sits in a room bashing the quarterback. I realize that removing the starter is not always the answer, sometimes the change accomplishes very little and the team can become divided over who should start the following week.

I have to tell you, I was sure Gailey needed to do something to spark the team and I thought for sure Edwards would not start the 2nd half.

How about you?

It wouldn't have made a lick of difference

Rarely does a team change QB's no matter how bad they look when the game is still within reach. The Bills were behind 10-3 at the half, so one TD while it looked difficult to happen ties it up. If they were behind 28-3, then it may have happend. Plus with it being the 1st week of season, also less likely to change things. You don't want to take away any confidence TE may have.

How about you?

Rarely does a team change QB's no matter how bad they look when the game is still within reach. The Bills were behind 10-3 at the half, so one TD while it looked difficult to happen ties it up. If they were behind 28-3, then it may have happend. Plus with it being the 1st week of season, also less likely to change things. You don't want to take away any confidence TE may have.

Fair enough.

If you think Edwards has the ability to be the franchise QB, then no, you don't replace him.

If you don't believe that he is the franchise QB, then you start the audition process, and you start with guys on your bench. Can Brohm or Fitzpatrick lead a comeback in a winnable game?

By the end of the season the Bills coaching staff should have a complete understanding of the abilities of the guys on the roster. Either one of these guys is next franchise QB, or they go shopping in FA or in the draft.

No more of this, 'he'd be good if he had a real coach, or offensive line, or receivers, or whatever.'

If this is a rebuilding year, then we should see guys being cycled throughout the lineup the entire season.

I would say the odds are still good that Edwards is the best QB on the roster. Fitzpatrick and Brohm are basically also zeroes. Maybe Brohm will develop down the line, but he's shown nothing going into his third year. We've got three very hard games, plus Jacksonville, before the bye. I don't think there's any really compelling run here that gets us to 3-2, so I think this stretch is Edwards' last chance. If we're 0-5, and he looks as god-awful as he did today, I think it's time to end the experiment, and rotate the deck chairs once again on this sinking ship.

If you think Edwards has the ability to be the franchise QB, then no, you don't replace him.

If you don't believe that he is the franchise QB, then you start the audition process, and you start with guys on your bench. Can Brohm or Fitzpatrick lead a comeback in a winnable game?

By the end of the season the Bills coaching staff should have a complete understanding of the abilities of the guys on the roster. Either one of these guys is next franchise QB, or they go shopping in FA or in the draft.

No more of this, 'he'd be good if he had a real coach, or offensive line, or receivers, or whatever.'

If this is a rebuilding year, then we should see guys being cycled throughout the lineup the entire season.

Agreed.........

I would say the odds are still good that Edwards is the best QB on the roster. Fitzpatrick and Brohm are basically also zeroes. Maybe Brohm will develop down the line, but he's shown nothing going into his third year. We've got three very hard games, plus Jacksonville, before the bye. I don't think there's any really compelling run here that gets us to 3-2, so I think this stretch is Edwards' last chance. If we're 0-5, and he looks as god-awful as he did today, I think it's time to end the experiment, and rotate the deck chairs once again on this sinking ship.

Your probably right!

How about you?

Trent is the best we have. Let him play. Benching him won't help. He needs to go next year and we need to beef up the O-line. I am not a trent supporter but come on, he has NO protection. And....when he does have time, he is too nervous that pressure might be coming.

You have to remember is what chan see in practice.every throw these guys make during the week is charted.who knows if Ryan threw 10 slants and hit on 3.you can't start flip floppin

I'd rather have a QB that looks good on Sunday, than one that looks good on Friday.

Not at 1/2 time. For the 1st half, the offense was totally pathetic. Edwards didn't have a chance to suck. It serves no purpose to pull a QB in a tenuous position when he isn't the problem. It wasn't until later in the game that Edwards started to play poorly. And I would've considered pulling him b4 our TD drive.

Not at 1/2 time. For the 1st half, the offense was totally pathetic. Edwards didn't have a chance to suck. It serves no purpose to pull a QB in a tenuous position when he isn't the problem. It wasn't until later in the game that Edwards started to play poorly.

What ?????

If Gailey bothered to look at last November's home thrashing of Miami he would've started Fitz in the first place. The guy hits passes downfield, scrambles pretty well and has pocket awareness. Trent does not have one single intangible that i can list.