Stadium Wall vs Buffalo News/

Webster Guy

I can't take how lame and negative some of these hack articles are that come from the Buffalo News. I was literally laughing out loud by myself at this latest article by Mike Harrington that talks about how Miami is just another team and there is no rivalry anymore, and that "The Bills are completely irrelevant so they can't even have a rival"

At first he starts with this line, taken from the Jerry Sullivan School of Gloom: "It's Miami Week. Squish the Fish, right? Are you pumped? Didn't think so."

Oh you didn't think so? Why because YOU'RE not pumped for the home opener against Miami you lame-o? Wanna ask my kids or my friends that have been talking about this Sunday for months? I personally cannot wait for this game to start and its killing me that it's only Wednesday right now.

You're not pumped to watch our new guys play their first real home game in Buffalo. Not pumped to see Spiller and the new plays Gailey has in store for Miami that nobody has even seen yet? You shouldn't have a job in sports if you aren't Christmas-morning excited for this game.

So speak for yourself Harrington, maybe next time just say that you're not pumped, but don't speak for me or the sold out stadium thank you.

I swear I would take the top ten posters on this board over every one of these hack writers (except Wilson).

Here's the kicker: he goes on to write: "Fans can't hate the Dolphins anymore. Who's the quarterback? Who's the coach? You barely know."

Really? I barely know? Wait you mean YOU barely know. I follow the AFC East because I'm a Bills fan, you obviously don't. I watched them go from 1-15 in 2007 to division champs at 11-5 the following year. Didn't you? Sorry dude but not only are you stretching a weak point, why don't you bring up game-relevant stuff like this:

Dolphins left tackle Jake Long has hurt knee and linebacker Channing Crowder are both serious Miami contributors that are hurt right now.

Cornerback Vontae Davis also has a hurt ankle, Will Allen got placed on IR for the SEASON. So that means CB jason Allen is going to start against Buffalo. I wonder how that might affect the gameplan for us? What about Ronnie Brown is he 100% from that surgery? That would be nice to know.

Stop writing weak off season 6th grade articles five days before the home opener please and use your locker room badge to dig a little deeper.

I've said this before here, but Warren Buffet has said that he would close down the Buffalo News because it's not profitable, but that he's keeping it alive simply because he thinks it's a valuable community asset. I disagree.

The STADIUM WALL is an asset baby! Warren send us some cash for a TaILgaTe PaRtY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Webster Guy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't take how lame and negative some of these hack articles are that come from the Buffalo News. I was literally laughing out loud by myself at this latest article by Mike Harrington that talks about how Miami is just another team and there is no rivalry anymore, and that "The Bills are completely irrelevant so they can't even have a rival"

At first he starts with this line, taken from the Jerry Sullivan School of Gloom: "It's Miami Week. Squish the Fish, right? Are you pumped? Didn't think so."

Oh you didn't think so? Why because YOU'RE not pumped for the home opener against Miami you lame-o? Wanna ask my kids or my friends that have been talking about this Sunday for months? I personally cannot wait for this game to start and its killing me that it's only Wednesday right now.

You're not pumped to watch our new guys play their first real home game in Buffalo. Not pumped to see Spiller and the new plays Gailey has in store for Miami that nobody has even seen yet? You shouldn't have a job in sports if you aren't Christmas-morning excited for this game.

So speak for yourself Harrington, maybe next time just say that you're not pumped, but don't speak for me or the sold out stadium thank you.

I swear I would take the top ten posters on this board over every one of these hack writers (except Wilson).

Here's the kicker: he goes on to write: "Fans can't hate the Dolphins anymore. Who's the quarterback? Who's the coach? You barely know."

Really? I barely know? Wait you mean YOU barely know. I follow the AFC East because I'm a Bills fan, you obviously don't. I watched them go from 1-15 in 2007 to division champs at 11-5 the following year. Didn't you? Sorry dude but not only are you stretching a weak point, why don't you bring up game-relevant stuff like this:

Dolphins left tackle Jake Long has hurt knee and linebacker Channing Crowder are both serious Miami contributors that are hurt right now.

Cornerback Vontae Davis also has a hurt ankle, Will Allen got placed on IR for the SEASON. So that means CB jason Allen is going to start against Buffalo. I wonder how that might affect the gameplan for us? What about Ronnie Brown is he 100% from that surgery? That would be nice to know.

Stop writing weak off season 6th grade articles five days before the home opener please and use your locker room badge to dig a little deeper.

I've said this before here, but Warren Buffet has said that he would close down the Buffalo News because it's not profitable, but that he's keeping it alive simply because he thinks it's a valuable community asset. I disagree.

The STADIUM WALL is an asset baby! Warren send us some cash for a TaILgaTe PaRtY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthy:

Is it just me or does anyone else think the local media should be trying to maybe drum up a little hype to help support the team instead of trying to convince people they shouldn't care?

:wallbash:

You are making too much sense.

If asked by the Bills (however unlikely) any 10 board members here would gather together and take time off of our jobs from now until Sunday to work on a game plan, probably forgoing sleep and without pay.

...but honestly, they would have to throw in donuts. :P

Dedicted? Lets load this b@h up and get this season started!

GO BILLS!!!

I can only state this from a fan's point of view....mine.

I still consider Miami week to be special. A week where I

can razz local Dolphin fans with just how bad the Bills will beat them.

The only reason the feeling is less intense as it used to

be is the fact that the Bills just are not that good.

You can't have a rivalry if one side wins all the time.

It also takes two sides to declare a rivalry. The Miami

backers in this don't consider the Bills a rival...not anymore.

So as a Bills fan, let the rivalry live on in your heart.

Hate Chad Henne, like you hated Dan Marino. Take it personal!!

This is what being a Bills fan is all about.

As far as the Buffalo Pamphlet....er I mean News is concerned,

consider the fact that they have papers to sell. If you don't

like what they print...stop buying it, like I did.

I get faster, more accurate Bills news form this site.

And by the way.....

Buffalo 27

Miami 16

Is it just me or does anyone else think the local media should be trying to maybe drum up a little hype to help support the team instead of trying to convince people they shouldn't care?

The Buffalo News isn't the Bills' public relations or marketing arm.

I saw that same article and thought pretty much the same thing - here's another mind-blowing insight from the idiots at the Buffalo News. I understand his point that the rivalry isn't what it used to be and that it isn't talked about anywhere in the NFL outside of these two cities anymore, but what does that matter? Is he writing this article to get it picked up by the AP? He's writing the thing for people in Buffalo to read, so why not include something abou the game? I think it's absurd that we're this far past roster cut-downs and there hasn't been one TBN article yet about what people might expect out of the offense and defense this year. This is year one of a new everythign on the team pretty much and it's like the sports-writers for the news can't think of anything to write about! I guess it goes to show how competent they are.

I could see this type of article being a part of the pre-game paper on Sunday, along with 10 other articles abotu the Bills, but why the hell is it in Wednesday's paper instead of something about the actual game?

I hate the dolphins more than any team in the league. Always have always will. Just looking at their stupid colors and mascot... I can't wait for Sunday. I couldn't even root for snowflake to be saved in Ace Ventura - that's how bad I hate the dolphins.

Good call on the Buffalo news - that's garbage.

No rivalry? I live in South Florida and recently called a local air conditioning co. The repair guy shows up in a van with Dolphins stuff all over it, and on the roof was "billssuck.com", with Bills logo with a red circle and line thru it.

It was ninety in may house and I still told him I didn't need his service.

Ditto.

The media's cynical nature here is off the charts.

The Dynamically Depressing Duo of Schopp and Sullivan ask why Bills game attendance slipped 20% this year :wallbash:

He's talking about the Average Joe fan, not the fan who cares enough to create an account on a fan message board. Also, there's little doubt the rivalry -- especially on the Buffalo side -- has lost much of its luster.

Agreed.

A couple hundred diehard message board fans are not reflective of the community as a whole. This micro-community has a distorted view of reality, but it makes them feel important and relevant. Maybe this explains how slighted everyone seems to feel around here about any article or commentary either locally or nationally that criticizes Buffalo or the Bills.

The Bills have lost all relevancy to 99.999% of the population, but they are very relevant to the upset commentators on this message board.

I learned a long time ago that being a dedicated fan involves using both your head and your heart. A lot of people only use their heart and therefore are hurt by every little criticism even though the it may be completely justified.

Buffalo media seems to be the only non-homer media in the league. Even Philly media can be supportive once in a while and craft credible arguments for the Sixers to be in the NBA playoffs and Kolb performing better than McNabb is his first year.

given the number of yahoos showing up on this site, i'm starting to question its relevance. call me cynical, though.

jw

The dearth of posts from some of the original and older (not agewise) posters is indicative of this. Everyone has a right to be a fan, but you can't make an objective point about the team without a subjective homer fan railing on them for not being a true fan. I think this is going to be a long season.

I am a Die Hard Bills fan since 1960.... I am always pumped for opening day, And Yes the Bills-Fins games means a lot to me, the Local Media Sucks, I swear its the worst in the country, I just wish one would support our local teams, Anyway GO BILLS! LETS GET IT STARTED

Agreed.

A couple hundred diehard message board fans are not reflective of the community as a whole. This micro-community has a distorted view of reality, but it makes them feel important and relevant. Maybe this explains how slighted everyone seems to feel around here about any article or commentary either locally or nationally that criticizes Buffalo or the Bills.

The Bills have lost all relevancy to 99.999% of the population, but they are very relevant to the upset commentators on this message board.

I learned a long time ago that being a dedicated fan involves using both your head and your heart. A lot of people only use their heart and therefore are hurt by every little criticism even though the it may be completely justified.

Well said. I'm not sure I buy the 99.999% statement, but your point is valid.

As an aside, and as an outsider, I think the Buffalo News is pretty good for what it is. (flame away)