What is Your Ideal Season?

Okay as much as I want the Bills to win the Superbowl, I don't think this is the year. Here are some things I would like to see happen.

- A record of 2-14 earning the numbers one pick in the draft, and with both wins being over the Patriots.

- Injuring Tom Brady.

- Electrifying touchdown runs from C.J. Spiller.

- The young guards establishing themselves as a top interior line.

- Enough from Bell to allow him to be a starter (hopefully at right tackle) going forward.

- Sean Nelson contributing to the offense.

- Byrd producing enough to show he was not a flash in the pan.

- McKelvin making some sort of quality contribution to the defense.

- McKelvin avoiding any further penis lawns.

- An unexpected linebacker playing well. Moats!

- Someone besides Lee Evans getting some production at WR.

- Lynch or Jackson traded to a team that suffers an early RB injury in exchange for a draft pick.

- Chan's offense looking more dynamic that Jauron's abomination.

It's okay if the Bills lose a lot, there are still lots of positive things to build an actual foundation on that can happen! :)

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Okay as much as I want the Bills to win the Superbowl, I don't think this is the year. Here are some things I would like to see happen.

- A record of 2-14 earning the numbers one pick in the draft, and with both wins being over the Patriots.

- Injuring Tom Brady.

- Enough from Bell to allow him to be a starter (hopefully at right tackle) going forward.

- Lynch or Jackson traded to a team that suffers an early RB injury in exchange for a draft pick.

It's okay if the Bills lose a lot, there are still lots of positive things to build an actual foundation on that can happen! :)

Kind of funny reading your post. You talk about the Bills going 2-14 which can happen. IMHO, I think five wins is more likely. Guys don't "hang me" for that. Just my opinion nothing more. What I find funny is then you go into talking about all these positive things you would like to see. If all that happens, we most certainly won't be 2-14. Seems like a contradicition but maybe I am reading too much into it.

Kind of funny reading your post. You talk about the Bills going 2-14 which can happen. IMHO, I think five wins is more likely. Guys don't "hang me" for that. Just my opinion nothing more. What I find funny is then you go into talking about all these positive things you would like to see. If all that happens, we most certainly won't be 2-14. Seems like a contradicition but maybe I am reading too much into it.

No you're not reading too much into it. There's no way for all that to happen and be 2-14. A 2-14 team is completely shot, with massive rebuilding to do. I'd rather win 6-8 games and end the year on a good streak. Last 4 games are Browns plus Division. If they can go out winning 3 of 4 that could be defined as success.

It would also be a success to get the final answer on Trent Edwards, for good or ill. Is his contract up after this year? My biggest fear is that he ends the year somewhat above average and the big dilemma becomes whether to resign him or not.

It would also be a success to get the final answer on Trent Edwards, for good or ill. Is his contract up after this year? My biggest fear is that he ends the year somewhat above average and the big dilemma becomes whether to resign him or not.

It is one thing to THINK that he sucks. HOPING that he is not above average makes no sense. The Bills need some breaks in order to win any time soon. Trent staying healthy and playing well is a very good scenario.

My hopes are simple, I want to see the Bills hit someone and not just get hit themselves, years of seeing a passive defense i.e. tampa 2, has left me blood thirsty. I want to see blitz after blitz, I want to see Whitner go after WRs like other SS do. I don't want to see only 4 men blitzing, I want to see Blood. we might only win 3-5 games, but I want the other team to say, "they sent everything at us, unlike last year where we picked them apart" I know there will be mistakes, but I want the DC (Edwards) to attack. Attacking defenses create turnovers, sure they'll give up a big play or two, but what is worse a 15 play drive that leaves Buffalo tired or a 5 play drive, where we get a shot or two in. no more playing 10 yards off the line by Buffalo's Corners, smack them, we are deep at Corner, rotate as needed, but no more playing off the line. Make them play for everything they take from us, don't lay back!

On offense, very simple, Mistake free football, if the defense is going to play renegade style the offense has to play perfect. no stupid penalties!!!! no stupid turnovers!!! control the clock, take what is given to you and a little more.

this is something I think is uncontrollable, injuries, I would love to see fewer injuries. I think if 90% of the starters can remain on the field we will see more than 5 wins.

thats all

- Injuring Tom Brady.

You have to be one of the following:

1. Under the age of 10

2. Severely under the influence of drugs or alchohol

3. Just now being exposed to the sport of football

If all of the things you want to see happen actually occur, we won't go 2-14, but would compete for the playoffs. Too many positives listed for such a terrible record. I dislike Tom Brady as much as any other Bills fan, but to wish someone to get hurt is immature and retarded-I hope you get hit by a bus (just sarcastic but how does that feel?).

My hopes are simple, I want to see the Bills hit someone and not just get hit themselves, years of seeing a passive defense i.e. tampa 2, has left me blood thirsty. I want to see blitz after blitz, I want to see Whitner go after WRs like other SS do. I don't want to see only 4 men blitzing, I want to see Blood. we might only win 3-5 games, but I want the other team to say, "they sent everything at us, unlike last year where we picked them apart" I know there will be mistakes, but I want the DC (Edwards) to attack. Attacking defenses create turnovers, sure they'll give up a big play or two, but what is worse a 15 play drive that leaves Buffalo tired or a 5 play drive, where we get a shot or two in. no more playing 10 yards off the line by Buffalo's Corners, smack them, we are deep at Corner, rotate as needed, but no more playing off the line. Make them play for everything they take from us, don't lay back!

On offense, very simple, Mistake free football, if the defense is going to play renegade style the offense has to play perfect. no stupid penalties!!!! no stupid turnovers!!! control the clock, take what is given to you and a little more.

this is something I think is uncontrollable, injuries, I would love to see fewer injuries. I think if 90% of the starters can remain on the field we will see more than 5 wins.

thats all

frogger, I got excited reading your post. I hadn't thought about it a lot recently (although i cursed the Tampa 2 almost since we switched to it), but you are right and if you don't mind I'm going to ditto your points, because I also think we can achieve what you are stating, but be reasonable in thinking we'll get to about 5 wins.

However, I want to add one thing to your post...and that is a similar attitude on offense and I am not just talking about shoving the ball down someone's throat but also long runs by Spiller that make them cry.

Injuring Tom Brady......... yeah that is a great acomplishment. I didn't have to read anything more after that line. I hope someone injures you and I hate TB as much as anyone.

So,.. your response to not wanting someone to wish harm on someone else,.. is to wish harm on someone else. :blink:

- Injuring Tom Brady.

You lost me after the first 2. I NEVER want the Bills to lose and I NEVER wish for any player to get injured. Grow up!

This year? Considering they are allegedly rebuilding, get the first pick in 2011. Be more exciting and competitive so I don't fall asleep on the couch during games because they are so boring. 2011- Provided there is a season, have a winning record and a shot at a wild card spot. 2012- Playoffs. 2013- Super Bowl.

I want to see improvement throughout the season. The overall record isn't important to me. I don't mind if they lose often, as long as they look "good" doing it. At least look capable and competitive against other teams, and give everyone a tough and hard-fought game. I'd like to see some of the young guys emerge and develop into great players in preparation for a future run through the playoffs. I'd like to be able to think "they're almost there - just a few more pieces and they'll be ready to hit the playoffs".

If they do win a lot of games and really surprise everyone, that would be awesome. I don't expect a lot of wins, but I'd love to see them. I want to see progress, though for sure.

It is one thing to THINK that he sucks. HOPING that he is not above average makes no sense. The Bills need some breaks in order to win any time soon. Trent staying healthy and playing well is a very good scenario.

If he shows improvement over previous years and the consensus on him is that he's now "above average", however that's defined. What would be the call on resigning him??

He was a 3rd round pick, hasn't made money yet, so he'd want a long-term commitment with a sizeable contract... He'd probably need something on par w/ Matt Schaub/Texans or what Jake Delhomme got last year from Panthers (before they cut him after 1 year) or what Derek Anderson got from the Browns 2 years ago (before they cut him) or how we paid Rob Johnson ('nuff said)

I think that's one of the biggest dilemma's if you're not whether you have your QB and his contract is up.

I'm definitely NOT hoping that he sucks. I'd like him to show he's a stud and we have our long-term QB finally and then everyone can get excited about resigning him. If that doesn't come to pass, I'd rather that he sucked and we were sure that we need to get rid of him. I think the middle ground leaves you feeling mighty unsettled....

Edited by cage

I stopped here. What a crappy thing to want to see happen to your favorite team.

This year? Considering they are allegedly rebuilding, get the first pick in 2011. Be more exciting and competitive so I don't fall asleep on the couch during games because they are so boring. 2011- Provided there is a season, have a winning record and a shot at a wild card spot. 2012- Playoffs. 2013- Super Bowl.

I hate this and always will. You realize that you're hoping they lose 13-14 games, right? Rebuilding doesn't mean getting the first pick or even a top 5 pick (as if they ALWAYS work out)...it means getting a good mix of talent and having the coaching staff build an offensive and defensive philosophy around that talent.

My hopes for the season are pretty simple:

1. Better game-day coaching (play calling, clock management, etc)

2. Be more exciting and competitive

3. Win a few games to make the "experts" think the Bills are a pleasant surprise

4. Beat each division rival at least once (which will lead to #3)

My IDEAL season would be an 11-5 finish and a wild card or be part of the playoff discussion during December.