I am trolling on a Dolphins website

frogger

I do this, too. I have found some gems...

"Unless this team finds some heart and sense of urgency, Spiller with rush for 300 yards and the Bills will in 72-0"

"Miami 31

Buffalo 10

Buffalo won't know what our defense will look like. We will confuse and frustrate Trent Edwards. I'm not sold on CJ Spiller just yet because of a good preseason game. I think on offense this Miami team will come out pissed after hearing and reading about their poor play this past month. I see a HUGE day for Ricky and Ronnie. Henne will be solid. I see an easy Miami vicotry on Sunday" This is found in an outcome thread: Here

-There was a couple threads about the frustration with their team and the dissarray.

-Another site had an entire thread about the Fins being better than the Jets, aka the best team in the AFC.

-The same site looked like ours, a lot of talk about all the problems and nothing good. A pretty good sized thread and good discussion saying that an 0-4 start should get Sparano fired.

-Tim Graham posts on that site and may have been run off, I miss seeing his material. He tore some kid a new behind

"Originally Posted by FinSane

I disagree, Tim. Bob was still a pretty good QB, who just didn't need to throw the ball as much with the trio of RBs we had. But when asked to throw, he did well, while his stats aren't impressive, they're still respectable. Sanchez also wasn't asked to do as much with a strong running game, but when the games were on his shoulders, he failed. Even when there wasn't any pressure, when even below average QBs can do well, he looked confused. He may become an adequate backup QB someday, but starter he is not. He not only lacks the intangibles, but he doesn't have very good mechanics either. His intellect can be questioned as well with some of his many questionable, downright wild throws we saw last year that led to INTs.

In the 1972 AFC title game, Griese was 3 of 8 for 70 yards and zero touchdowns. In the Super Bowl he was 8 of 11 for 88 yards and one touchdown with an interception.

In the 1973 AFC title game he was 3 of 6 for 34 yards and zero touchdowns, and in that Super Bowl he was 6 of 7 for 73 yards and zero touchdowns.

Of course, those are just two snapshots (and without those Super Bowls, Griese doesn't come close to Canton), but all we have for Sanchez right now is one snapshot. He was just a rookie.

My point is, people shouldn't use the fact Sanchez was a game manager down the stretch as a negative. He won.

I also would disagree with your assertion they lost every time the game was on his shoulders. They started 3-0 before Braylon Edwards arrived and despite a slow start from the run game. Thomas Jones had 107 yards in Week 1, but he had 1 yard in the first half and ripped off 38-yard and 39-yard runs in garbage time, while Sanchez was 18 of 31 for 272 yards. The next two weeks Jones had 54 and 20 yards. Sanchez was the offensive star in each of those three wins.

As for telling me how poor Sanchez's mechanics and intangibles are and that he might make an adequate backup quarterback someday, I'll refrain from a debate. I'm smart enough to say I don't know about his intangibles because I haven't seen enough yet. But he's already the starting quarterback of a team that went to the AFC Championship game.

And I've spoken to a lot of NFL scouts not affiliated with the Jets who would disagree with you. I see in your profile that you're 24 years old. Maybe you've played the game at a high level or know a lot of people in player personnel that have helped you develop such definitive opinions, but I'm going to have to side with the people I talk to on this one."

3rd website video - it is pretty good.

I had seen most of the highlight films before, but what struck me about C.J. rewatching these vids

was not his Sanders/Sayers type of jukes, change of direction, etc. (which is what jumps out at you first),

but his Thurman Thomas-like ability to not take the big hit. Watch the way he uses his

body positioning, balance, and momentum to keep guys from getting a clean shot, or be able to wrap him up.

Going into the draft people wondered if he could get yards in the NFL up the gut...I think he'll get

them the same way TT did, with balance and body positioning making him elusive even in tight quarters.

Good observation.

I had seen most of the highlight films before, but what struck me about C.J. rewatching these vids

was not his Sanders/Sayers type of jukes, change of direction, etc. (which is what jumps out at you first),

but his Thurman Thomas-like ability to not take the big hit. Watch the way he uses his

body positioning, balance, and momentum to keep guys from getting a clean shot, or be able to wrap him up.

Going into the draft people wondered if he could get yards in the NFL up the gut...I think he'll get

them the same way TT did, with balance and body positioning making him elusive even in tight quarters.

Very good points. I too believe he is more than just a "fast guy", he's the truth at the running back position.

As an aside, I remember reading on CJ's twitter that he looked forward to playing his first game (the preseason game) at the Ralph given everything that he had heard about the atmosphere. I think he is really going to feed off of the atmosphere on Sunday -- it should be extra special because it is the home opener and is against the Dolphins. I cannot wait until Sunday.

You know we're going to see some lazy linebacker this year who blows an assignment or tries to arm tackle Spiller. That will leave him with one move between himself and the end zone. Might even see it twice in a single game. Can't wait to see him plow the road.

"With the ninth pick, the Buffalo Bills select Jimmy Claussen, Quarterback, Notre Dame."

"With the ninth pick, the Buffalo Bills select Anthony Davis, Tackle, Rutgers."

As surprised as I was with the Spiller pick at the time, can you imagine trading him for anybody else they could have picked?

Amazing highlights. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait until he starts his official NFL highlight reel on Sunday!

This may have already been mentioned on this thread but it was interesting to read that although Chris Johnson had a slightly better 40 time than CJ, in the 100 meter Spiller was faster. (I think they were senior combine stats)

As Cowher always says on every Percy Harvin or C Johnson long run highlight : "you can't coach speed"

I can't wait for Sunday.

I have not seen this Spiller Highlight footage, I found it there.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8&feature=related

There is one guy, a dope-fin fan that really likes spiller. His or her quote

"No! He's Superman because of what he has done his whole career, no matter where he's played! We have just seen a taste of it so far. Good thing he will not be returning kickoffs, or we would be in trouble! I forgot though about half of the fans on this forum don't think he is NFL caliber. Give me a break!"-miami71

another is afraid of a crazy new offense, and gives Gailey some credit

"I am more concerned about the Bills unveiling some crazy offense we don't know how to defend. Of course their experiment with no huddle didn't go too well last season. But Gailey >> Jauron."-oasis

these things get me through the week, thank you Dolphin fans

I'll say it again:

You have to love a guy who fakes out his own WRs, and the people they are blocking, because he is in the defensive backfield, because he broke a LB's ankles after bouncing off a DL 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Good O line or bad O line, that's a guy I want on my team, because he simply wills everyone around him to be better.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I have not seen this Spiller Highlight footage, I found it there.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8&feature=related

There is one guy, a dope-fin fan that really likes spiller. His or her quote

"No! He's Superman because of what he has done his whole career, no matter where he's played! We have just seen a taste of it so far. Good thing he will not be returning kickoffs, or we would be in trouble! I forgot though about half of the fans on this forum don't think he is NFL caliber. Give me a break!"-miami71

another is afraid of a crazy new offense, and gives Gailey some credit

"I am more concerned about the Bills unveiling some crazy offense we don't know how to defend. Of course their experiment with no huddle didn't go too well last season. But Gailey >> Jauron."-oasis

these things get me through the week, thank you Dolphin fans

Loved the video....He made some of the same moves in preseason...I was totally against the pick when it happened!!! I was mad, upset..wanted a QB, or a OLT. Still prefer those positions to be addressed, but after watching Spiller in the Pre-season I am signing up as a fan!! I think he may average at least a T.D. a game like in College..he may have did that in preseason as well!

I was thinking while watching the video, that we may unveil something offensively that we haven't shown the leaugue in preseason. The Bills were very secretive about some of their practices..even to the media! I wouldn't be surprised to see some hurry up/no huddle....but also the wild-cat as well..and who knows what else. Coach Gailey is known to fix problematic QB's and T.Edwards looked great in preseason...(but it's hard to take preseason too serious!) ratings in 140's, 120's, about 100...and in the very first game I have no clue but the Bills looked like crap against the Redskins.

They never looked interesting, explosive, or good in the past several preseasons, but this year they were just the opposite, and took very few penalties, ran well, passed well. The main negatives were there seemed to be a noticeable dropoff in the kick coverage by the Special teams and they've yet to close up the gaps sufficiently in the run game. I only had the Bills pegged to win 5 games, but I think they will beat the Dolphins with a last second field goal and win 27-24...A month ago I would not even engage that thought!! 8-8 is not out of reach from the looks of things!

I don't dare to think beyond that, but at half-time back in the 90's comeback game against houston oilers. I said to my wife while we were down 28-3 "Stranger things have happened" and I went outside to wash the car and listen to the game on the radio as I couldn't watch anymore, (It was on t.v. in Virginia when I lived there). Sure enough, Stranger things did happen! And the Bills won in overtime!!! The greatest comeback in NFL History!

Buffalo 27-24 !!! C.J. Spiller 157 yards, 1 touchdown ! Trent Edwards 17-22-214-1 T.D.-1 int....and the Bills Defense gets T.D. (Jairus Byrd)...

Dolphins do run a kick back for TD...BOO! Lets go Bills Lets Go Bills Lets Go Bills lETS gO billllllllz !!!!! Oh my goodness 1 and 0 we have a winning record!! whew! (Lord let us pray!!!)

:D Notice how Spiller's legs are always churning almost twice as fast as everyone else.

CJ gets to cutting and moving so fast sometimes it looks like he runs right out of his cleats.

Holy Crap!!! I didn't realize he was that fast. I was watching the game clock to make sure it wasn't fast forwarding! UNBILLEIVABLE!!!!!

Very nice. I have to say that the music isn't even offensive. Perfectly appropriate for a highlight video, except there really shouldn't be music in a highlight video.

Really? - I'm not even a 'guitar man' but I thought the music was totally fitting to what Spiller was doing on the field. Almost like fireworks choreographed to music! :thumbsup:

"With the ninth pick, the Buffalo Bills select Jimmy Claussen, Quarterback, Notre Dame."

"With the ninth pick, the Buffalo Bills select Anthony Davis, Tackle, Rutgers."

As surprised as I was with the Spiller pick at the time, can you imagine trading him for anybody else they could have picked?

Amazing highlights. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait until he starts his official NFL highlight reel on Sunday!

Yeah, I love the logic of the Clausen people. "He's better than any QB on the roster." His QG rating was a 46 this preseason while Edwards/ Fitz were 90+ and Brohm was a 60.

Davis also had some serious motivation issues and I'm glad we avoided him. He also landed in a great place because Mike Singletary will get the most out of him.

In the top 10, you need homerruns. Spiller is like Barry Bonds on Roids, creatine, andro, and HGH.

Really? - I'm not even a 'guitar man' but I thought the music was totally fitting to what Spiller was doing on the field. Almost like fireworks choreographed to music! :thumbsup:

I agree. For music it was perfectly appropriate, IMO. But highlight reels really should have the play-by-play calls. And there was a part in the first vid where CJ was speaking, but we couldn't hear what he said. Basically, since people have such wildly different tastes in music, I prefer the vids be natural sound.