NFL Power Rankings

papazoid

I think theyre better than a lot of teams on the list, but once you get to the Skins at #20 it's hard to pick one team over another.

Rest assured many of the highly rated teams will be exposed as pretenders as the season unfolds ... never fails.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Not buying into a single ranking until we get about 5 games in. It's the easy and fashionable thing to pick the Bills last or near the bottom. What sports writer besides the one with USA Today would really stick their head out and say that this team actually has talent? None.

Personally, I do believe that Gailey has the team moving in the right direction. They need a win this week to start to really believe it themselves. Like every knows, preseason is one thing... if they can go 2-2 or 3-1 in the first four games. We'll all sports writers everywhere with writers block. They won't know what to say.

Like every knows, preseason is one thing... if they can go 2-2 or 3-1 in the first four games. We'll all sports writers everywhere with writers block. They won't know what to say.

If The Bills manage to get 2-3 wins in the first four games, I will eat my hat with a generous helping of hot sauce. Mark that down. Its not going to happen, thats not channeling my inner-expert or anything, the Bills just are not talented enough to pull that many wins out against the early part of their schedule with such experienced teams.

At best, they start the season 1-3. Odds are better they go 0-4.

If the Bills start out fast you will have countless millions jumping on the bandwagon, both local and national media. Noboday in the media wants to look like a fool and few have the gusts to go out on a limb and this is the result. Buffalo is easy for them to rank 31, a fast start will change their tunes. I heard Mark Gaughan on sirrius nfl network on saturday saying the Bills MIGHT win 4-5 games. He had very little nice things to say about anything except spiller. I hope we make him eat his words!

If The Bills manage to get 2-3 wins in the first four games, I will eat my hat with a generous helping of hot sauce. Mark that down. Its not going to happen, thats not channeling my inner-expert or anything, the Bills just are not talented enough to pull that many wins out against the early part of their schedule with such experienced teams.

At best, they start the season 1-3. Odds are better they go 0-4.

What kind of hat? May I suggest a straw hat, as you may find that easier to digest than either felt or cotton. By all means, avoid polyester.

I think theyre better than a lot of teams on the list, but once you get to the Skins at #20 it's hard to pick one team over another.

Rest assured many of the highly rated teams will be exposed as pretenders as the season unfolds ... never fails.

I couldn't agree more. Too many teams look good on paper and then fold. Buffalo is doing things backwards, they look like garbage on paper and will be better on the field.

I couldn't agree more. Too many teams look good on paper and then fold. Buffalo is doing things backwards, they look like garbage on paper and will be better on the field.

The question is: Will they be better to be more meaningful. If the team finishes in the top 12 again, then it does not matter whether you are ranked 21st or 32nd. All the teams in that category are dreadful and have no shot to win the big game.

I dont put any stock into rankings. I hope we come out of the first four games with a couple wins but if we can at least hang with these teams and make it interesting it might still give them some confidence and help out down the stretch......

This isn't the NCAA. Until they start seeding the playoffs based on power rankings, they mean absolutely nothing.

Exactly. It's like bragging rights. They serve no purpose other than to show how much media respect one team gets over the other.

Wins & losses are all that matter. I'll just pay attention to the standings.