Adam Shefter says that Revis and Jets have Agreed

Lv-Bills

I'm sure all the links will follow soon. Just on Sportscenter talking with Shefter live at 12:30 am. Revis will be on his way to NY in the next day or two, will practice on Wednesday and play next Monday night.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Yes, and I've also heard he won't have to play a down as the season has been canceled and the Lombardi trophy is en route to the Jets' dressing room. Goodell decided it was a foregone conclusion.

Works for college football, so why not the NFL?

I am horrified and confused over my own thoughts on this. He has earned a good salary, no doubt. All NFL players earn it; or so I would like to believe. However, that is not always the case and we never know these people off the field. So, from there, I cannot imagine my own feelings after earning that much money. I cannot tell myself I would be fully committed to my team. The thoughts that I would want to protect myself to play another year and take it easy would be overwhelming. Eventually, I am sure I would grow tired of this atomosphere and miss the fun of football...maybe. By the way, if you cannot tell, my name is Albert Haynesworth.

Cbssportsline beat Schefter...lets not give the 'Almighty Schefter' all the credit

Alrighty. I really could care less who broke the story. Journalists seem to think people actually care, but I could care less. So, I'll officially rephrase....."I was watching SportsCenter at around 12:30am and their reporter said that Revis has agreed to terms. It was a live report."

Like Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield did. I was hoping he'd sit out the season. Major confidence boost for the Jets and they didn't really need one.

You might want to re-check your facts.

Regardless, I don't think the Bills are afraid of the Jets. Probably they're looking very much forward to playing the Jets. Just a guess.

It's funny how one great year in the league and you instantly become the "best cornerback in the league". I remeber 2 seasosn ago Lee Evans whooping Revis and making him look like the young corner he was. I'm not knocking Revis, he's a great player a really good corner, but I can't stand how he's suddenly the "best CB in the league". Personally I'm happy to see the Jets lock him up for humongous money. No corner is worthy of huge money anymore. With the way the league officiates, CB's value has somehwat decreased IMO.