Time to "fess up"

I'll admit it. This thread is a bit negative but I think it's necessary.

The lack of accountability that people have for their stated positions and their crusades is truly amazing.

Recall the clamor and hysteria of some of the posters here as we got closer to cut down day. The din was deafening. At one time two weeks ago, we had 5 different threads about the quarterback situation on page one alone.

Lots of our members were just totally adamant AND VOCAL about what they thought was going to happen/what they wanted to have happen to the Bills roster (the two often get confused in some people's minds).

Those same people are conspicuous by their silence now…especially on matters such as which quarterbacks would made the roster.

So who said what and where are those people now?

I remember more than a few guarantees that Kawika Mitchell was going to get cut. Ditto for Chris Kelsay.

Where are all those folks who were positive that Levi Brown was gonna be kept as the third quarterback and not waived?

Where are all the Brian Brohm haters? The Fitzy haters?

Now's the time to confess to the error of your ways. The truth will liberate you!

Man up and be accountable for your opinions.

Or quietly close out of this thread and pretend you didn't read it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those same people are conspicuous by their silence now…especially on matters such as which quarterbacks would made the roster.

Silence in itself is the most potent statement that can be made by former noisey posters. I said right from the start that Edwards would win the starting position in the qb competition. DarthIce and his Taliban tribe of TE haters unleashed a torrent of ridicule at me. Now they are hiding in their caves. Shameless cowards! LOL

every single prediction i made was exactly correct. in fact, i am always correct when i predict something. its like a magical gift, i can predict something and bam it happens. for instance, i could predict that halle berry would walk through my front door and ... oh hey baby, no im not busy ... ok sorry guys, i got to go ...

every single prediction i made was exactly correct. in fact, i am always correct when i predict something. its like a magical gift, i can predict something and bam it happens. for instance, i could predict that halle berry would walk through my front door and ... oh hey baby, no im not busy ... ok sorry guys, i got to go ...

Awesome. Predict me some lotto numbers.

The lack of accountability that people have for their stated positions and their crusades is truly amazing.

Recall the clamor and hysteria of some of the posters here as we got closer to cut down day. The din was deafening. At one time two weeks ago, we had 5 different threads about the quarterback situation on page one alone.

Lots of our members were just totally adamant AND VOCAL about what they thought was going to happen/what they wanted to have happen to the Bills roster (the two often get confused in some people's minds).

I remember more than a few guarantees that Kawika Mitchell was going to get cut. Ditto for Chris Kelsay.

Where are all those folks who were positive that Levi Brown was gonna be kept as the third quarterback and not waived?

Now's the time to confess to the error of your ways. The truth will liberate you!

1) I predicted and hoped Fitz would be cut, and Levi would be the 3rd QB. I never thought Brohm would be cut, though, and I hope Levi makes it back to the practice squad - I like his size and arm strength.

2) I mocked the posters who predicted Mitchell, Kelsay and Lynch would be cut. I replied to those posts and told them they were crazy.

3) I absolutely wanted Hardy to make the team, and I think Gailey is nuts to keep Donald Jones and cut Hardy. I'm predicting Hardy will have a good if not great NFL career with some team.

4) I cannot believe that Gailey cut three offensive lineman that were not bad players. Didn't he watch film of the Bills last year, and count the number of OL's that went down with injuries?? Wouldn't it have been smarter to keep 11 OL and 9 DB's, instead of the other way around???

5) I hope Joicque Bell makes it back to the practice squad - that kid ran like a maniac every time he touched the football.

Ok I am no expert, I admit it.

My final roster which I finished again about 7:oo am (your time) before the cuts yesterday these were the differences

on offence

I cut Brohm

I put Levi on the PS

I cut Chad Simpson and put Bell on the PS

I kept Naaman Roosevelt

Chad Jackson was on my roster

I cut the same Olinemen (I put a few on the PS)

I cut Donald Jones

on defense

I cut McCargo

and both of the Harrises

I think thats it

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/118275-my-roster/

You have to go to the bottom of the page to see my final choices

Guest dog14787

Cutting James Hardy was unexpected ( to me) and a bit premature in my opinion, but given our inexperience at the WR position and our need for production now, not next season or the season after, I can understand why Hardy became expendable.

Edited by dog14787

Hi, my name is Beerball and I have a confession to make.

I pretty much dislike every QB on the Bills roster to an equal degree. It isn't a hatred that would make me pull over and beat them up if I saw them walking down the street, but I would probably heckle them in front of their parents and siblings. ;)

I do think that Gailey is doing his best to rehab Edwards' psyche and so far it appears to be working but as we know the gun is now loaded with real bullets. How will Edwards react to adversity? Will he turtle again? Will our patchwork line be able to keep him on his feet long enough to make the throw?

I will admit to being a Roscoe hater. So Scoe...to you I apoligize for the Jauron years. I said over & over that you were a bust. Now it looks like you were the victim of idiotic coaching. I hope you do remain a receiving threat and continue to make plays. You must become Edwards blankey (or binkey). He has to know you will be where you are supposed to be when the pressure is on & you've got to catch the damn ball. You two need to develop a chemistry so that all it takes is a look from Edwards at the line & you know what route he expects. You must be ready on blitzes. A lot is riding on your narrow shoulders, I hope you can hold up.

Hi, my name is Beerball and I have a confession to make.

I pretty much dislike every QB on the Bills roster to an equal degree. It isn't a hatred that would make me pull over and beat them up if I saw them walking down the street, but I would probably heckle them in front of their parents and siblings. ;)

I do think that Gailey is doing his best to rehab Edwards' psyche and so far it appears to be working but as we know the gun is now loaded with real bullets. How will Edwards react to adversity? Will he turtle again? Will our patchwork line be able to keep him on his feet long enough to make the throw?

I will admit to being a Roscoe hater. So Scoe...to you I apoligize for the Jauron years. I said over & over that you were a bust. Now it looks like you were the victim of idiotic coaching. I hope you do remain a receiving threat and continue to make plays. You must become Edwards blankey (or binkey). He has to know you will be where you are supposed to be when the pressure is on & you've got to catch the damn ball. You two need to develop a chemistry so that all it takes is a look from Edwards at the line & you know what route he expects. You must be ready on blitzes. A lot is riding on your narrow shoulders, I hope you can hold up.

classy and classic :w00t::thumbsup::worthy:

Did I miss something? Is the roster finalized?

You mention players like Mitchell and Kelsay. The reason why people predicted that they'd be gone is because they are not good players. The problem is, the Bills are not a good football team and their LB core is probably the worst in the NFL in both depth and talent. The fact that they made the squad is an more of an indictment of the Bills than it is of anyone saying that they'd be cut.

I know that we have lots of opinionated and excitable people here. We can all see that some stories take on a life of their own (examples: trade Lynch, Whitner's a bust; draft Lefevour; trade for Gaither, cut Kelsey, etc. ). So now you expect "accountability"? What do you want? Do you ant all the "Brohm haters" to line up and apoligize because he did in fact make the 3rd string?

Actually, I find some of that stuff entertaining and I enjoy the passion of the fans. When I tire of it I stop reading it.

What we need are less threads like this that dwell on the past, deal in "I told you so", and call people out.

Like you, I too do not wish to be negative, just adding my opinion.

Silence in itself is the most potent statement that can be made by former noisey posters. I said right from the start that Edwards would win the starting position in the qb competition. DarthIce and his Taliban tribe of TE haters unleashed a torrent of ridicule at me. Now they are hiding in their caves. Shameless cowards! LOL

What you describe is pretty much standard operating procedure by a lot of posters. The fact that these crusades are wrong about 80% of the time doesn't seem to limit their number! :rolleyes:

I thought they might cut Fitz because of the disparity of his salary versus the rest of the QBs including Edwards, not due to "Fitz Hate". I felt, and still feel, he is overpaid considering he is a career backup. The Bills kept him so I was incorrect in my guess, but I still think they should have cut him. But it is a Gailey/Nix decision, not mine. Maybe they think he has some trade value, and if that is true then they were absolutely correct in keeping him.

Edited by CodeMonkey