6 safeties, 3 QB's, and only 8 offensive lineman???

sharper802

Can someone explain this to me? I know the safeties can play ST's. I have to believe once Byrd is healthy to play one of the Harris' is cut and a lineman is signed. Two of the three back-up offensive lineman have never played in the NFL. Wang has barely even practiced yet.

I just don't see a reason to keep Brohm. I hope they sign Brown to the PS and jettison Brohm. No one else is going to sign him and if either Trent or Fitz gets injured they can pick him up mid-season. This would make room for another lineman.

Since Wood can back-up the C position I would sign two tackles and bring Calloway back to the PS to play G.

I would also go after TJ Houshmandzadeh(there is no salary downside). To make room I would finally put an end to Ellison's career in Buffalo. The WR corps is just too inexperienced and gets no help from the TE position.

Can someone explain this to me? I know the safeties can play ST's. I have to believe once Byrd is healthy to play one of the Harris' is cut and a lineman is signed. Two of the three back-up offensive lineman have never played in the NFL. Wang has barely even practiced yet.

I just don't see a reason to keep Brohm. I hope they sign Brown to the PS and jettison Brohm. No one else is going to sign him and if either Trent or Fitz gets injured they can pick him up mid-season. This would make room for another lineman.

Since Wood can back-up the C position I would sign two tackles and bring Calloway back to the PS to play G.

I would also go after TJ Houshmandzadeh(there is no salary downside). To make room I would finally put an end to Ellison's career in Buffalo. The WR corps is just too inexperienced and gets no help from the TE position.

I'm guessing they are not done making moves. Maybe a waiver claim or two this weekend, just a thought.

put an end to Ellison's career in Buffalo.

Ellison is there for the S/T I am assuming.

I have to believe they are looking hard for OL depth.

I heard yesterday on ESPN radio that in Cinci people assumed Ochocinco was a problem in the locker room when actually it was TJ H. (Not sure who said it but they said they had first hand knowledge).

That's actually believable - Ochocinco is a goofball, but not in a way that looks like it would upset his teammates. He's always seemed dedicated.

Edited by BobChalmers

Basically they felt there was little to no difference in blocking if they have noone playing offensive line, or if they had one of the horrible backups in there...either way Edwards is gonna get creamed...

Apprently when Gailey described that group as awful after Thursday's game he was serious. I have to believe they have a plan here. I expect to see a waiver pick up on OL today or tomorrow. They will likley put an OL or two on the PS as well. At least one off this roster is destined to be cut shortly (Dominique Harris?) and one more when Nelson is back from suspension.

Who is going to play OL if there are a couple injuries? TE's? Wait...we have none of those either. Don't forget Wang is injured and hasn't practiced at all, so really they have only 7 healthy OL. Something has to be up with that, figure there are too many DB's and not enough OL. I can't believe they won't make a few moves in the next couple of days.

Actually, I see a great reason to keep Brohm. All three QB's contracts are up at the end of the year. And all three will play this year, NO chance Captain Checkdown will stay healthy for 16 games. And, at the end of the year, they will know who the best long term prospect is....with live bulllets and QB's who know the offensive system. Maybe none...maybe one. I personally think its more likely than not that Brohm will outplay Edwards...and Brohm has a better arm than Edwards or Fitz....the ARM is the number one requirement of an NFL QB...all the other stuff is secondary. (of course JP had the ARM, but not the head)

I'm surprised that we haven't done more in regards to the offensive line. There have been opportunities to upgrade during the off season.

Ellison is being kept for two reasons. Special Teams and the fact that he is the best LB against the pass.

Last year before he was hurt Ellison was our leading tackler. There is value there plus when you factor in injuries to the starters we need depth at the position.

Lastly the success of the receivers will depend on Trent Edwards development...Scary but lets hope for the best.

Edited by VADC Bills

Apprently when Gailey described that group as awful after Thursday's game he was serious. I have to believe they have a plan here. I expect to see a waiver pick up on OL today or tomorrow. They will likley put an OL or two on the PS as well. At least one off this roster is destined to be cut shortly (Dominique Harris?) and one more when Nelson is back from suspension.

would have been nice to implement a plan to fix the OL a little bit earlier than the final cutdown date.

they had an entire off-season to do something but just hoped that Chambers would turn into a stud in the off season.