Imagine if we still had Brad Butler

JPicc2114

Would be nice.. I think he was a great right tackle.

Pardon me, but how many games did Butler play @ RT?

And you know for a fact he was a "great" tackle based on such a small sample size?

This board kills me.

Pardon me, but how many games did Butler play @ RT?

And you know for a fact he was a "great" tackle based on such a small sample size?

This board kills me.

Great is stretching it. However, I would rather have Butler at RT than any of the other players we have at that position.

Great is stretching it. However, I would rather have Butler at RT than any of the other players we have at that position.

To clarify, I have no idea if he would have been good, great, or lousy. I just think making a definitive judgment based on 1-2 games is laughable.

Butler was a non-productive, constantly injured lineman. It is hard to know whether he was a better guard or right tackle because of his ever so frequent injuries.

It is actually better to not be counting on him this year. Perhaps someone on the roster can develop into a steady RT, something Butler was not.

Time for some reality. If there is inside joking going on I am not following it.

Butler was a tackle in college who projected as a guard in the NFL.

He was a good guard. He was an ok right tackle. That is it. Nothing special. Walker was a better RT than Butler.

The only reason he even played tackle on the Bills is because our inept Front Office and coaching staff let Peters go and then cut Walker after trying to turn Walker into a LT on a no huddle offense.

Geesh!! :wallbash:

Butler was a non-productive, constantly injured lineman. It is hard to know whether he was a better guard or right tackle because of his ever so frequent injuries.

It is actually better to not be counting on him this year. Perhaps someone on the roster can develop into a steady RT, something Butler was not.

The Bills could use breaks like Wang and Bell developing into at least competent, at best top half of the league tackles.

The Bills could use breaks like Wang and Bell developing into at least competent, at best top half of the league tackles.

I fully agree. If the Bills could field a pair of competent OTs, it would be shocking, let alone an extremely pleasant surprise. It would be a huge step toward being a football team that could win more games than it loses.