Worried what bills do w/out developmental QB?

nichebiche

Chargers waive Crompton, Giants waive Bomar, Niners waive Jarrett Brown, Patriots waive Zac Robinson. if you fear losing Levi Brown now that he's been cut, all these same developmental types are available. in other words, don't sweat it. Levi will be around to take his rightful place on the practice squad on Sunday, and if not, one of these guys will.

Just because Brown was waived does not mean he won't be signed to the practice squad. Now back away from the ledge and grab a beer, football is almost here!

The point is that these guys area a dime a dozen, so no need to worry, very little risk of some other team swooping in to steal him away. I do think the Bills will sign him to the practice squad, since he does possess all the physical tools and needs some time to adjust to the NFL game.

Chargers waive Crompton, Giants waive Bomar, Niners waive Jarrett Brown, Patriots waive Zac Robinson. if you fear losing Levi Brown now that he's been cut, all these same developmental types are available. in other words, don't sweat it. Levi will be around to take his rightful place on the practice squad on Sunday, and if not, one of these guys will.

Colt Brennan waived by Oakland

Listening to Chan's press conference today, I'm not 100% convinced he intends to bring Brown back on the PS. It's possible another developmental QB could take on that role. He alluded to the need for that player to really take the role on the PS seriously -- understand the role of preparing the defense, etc. (not in those words -- just what I read into his remarks). I don't know. I could be wrong, but anyone else listen to the conference and think that?

Edited by ChasBB

This was one of the worst QBs drafts ever. If we keep Brown on PS fine. But I don't really want any QB from this draft.

Wondering if we will be thinking the same next year? No one knows what next years QB draft board will look like. At the start of last years college season many of us were quite hopeful of the QB's coming out of college. Now after the fact, the 2010 QB draft pool appears weak. Next years might be weak too...Plus, we don't know where we will be drafting and how many QB's will be franchise QB's...Too many variables and I kind of get tired of people assuming or implying next years draft will be an opportunity to draft our franchise QB...

Listening to Chan's press conference today, I'm not 100% convinced he intends to bring Brown back on the PS. It's possible another developmental QB could take on that role. He alluded to the need for that player to really take the role on the PS seriously -- understand the role of preparing the defense, etc. (not in those words -- just what I read into his remarks). I don't know. I could be wrong, but anyone else listen to the conference and think that?

I thought the same thing when he was talking about Brown.